John McCain: Weak and Corrupt

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Freakzilla wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:The republicans keep saying things like "victory is in sight" but what does that even mean? They never actually explain exactly how victory is in sight! What is a victory in this war, anyway? Finding WMDs? No, because there are none. Toppling Saddam? Done, but troops are still there. Establishing democracy? Good fucking luck.
I don't know, but it will smell like gasoline. :P
Precisely. His stance on this war (intending to stay and "complete" it) proves that he's going to be another president who's more interested in private interest groups, rather than what's best for the actual people of the country. He'll be more interested in his rich buddies (Bush included) and himself, all the while telling any citizen who objects that they're "unamerican," a "non-patriot," or an "aging hippy liberal douche."

Did you see McCain's trophy wife berating Obama for "not supporting her son" by voting against a bill for more troop funding? I guess her idea of supporting her own son is to keep him in harm's way as long as possible. The bill had no exit timetable, and that's why Obama didn't vote in favor. But it was just a cheap attack by a raging cunt who, let's face it, is already thinking about how $weet retirement is going to be.

That's why I don't understand this whole "support our troops" nonsense. People make the assumption that if you're against the war, then you're doing some great injustice to the "brave young men and women risking their lives for the love of their country." But what about if they never should have been there in the first place? To me, the only way to truly support these soldiers would be to get them to safety, and bring them home.

Otherwise, it's just "support our warmongerers..."
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Addendum:
We are plaqued by a corrupt policy which promotes unlawful and/or immoral behaviour. Public interest has no practical significance in everyday behavior among the ruling factions. The real problems of our world are not being confronted by those in power. In the guise of public service, they use whatever comes to hand for personal gain. They are insane with and for power.
-From a clandestine document circulated on Dosadi

This seemed pretty apt. Good old Frank Herbert knew what was going down and that was forever ago.

Have you ever heard Eisenhauer's farewell address to the nation from 1961? He warned of the military-industrial complex, and described a situation much like the current state of the US. Here is the first part of the whole speech, but this is the bit that I'm talking about.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnkdfFAqsHA

Here's Kennedy talking about similar things. And what happened to him? It's no wonder Washington is knee-deep in evil motherfuckers.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Baraka Bryan wrote:lol idaho, you sound just like a former professor of mine that taught a course called "Force and Fear"

basically the prof was a communist speaking out constantly about the evils of the military, police, instutituion, etc..

stupidest class ever and it made me drop my minor in political science and go for an economics minor instead.

the idiot used examples from 24 as proof of his ideas...a fictional show as proof of theories in the real world... give me a break
Sounds like a lame-ass prof... What school was this, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, be sure to actually click the links I provided, so it's clear what I'm referring to.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:lol idaho, you sound just like a former professor of mine that taught a course called "Force and Fear"

basically the prof was a communist speaking out constantly about the evils of the military, police, instutituion, etc..

stupidest class ever and it made me drop my minor in political science and go for an economics minor instead.

the idiot used examples from 24 as proof of his ideas...a fictional show as proof of theories in the real world... give me a break
Sounds like a lame-ass prof... What school was this, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, be sure to actually click the links I provided, so it's clear what I'm referring to.

mcmaster :D
Ah... I could have gone to mac. I'm quite close to it. And I'm a five-min walk from Slowhawk College too. But I ended up going to Niagara.