Religuous

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Religuous

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Anyone who hasn't seen the new movie Religuous please go do so as soon as humanly possible. It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. It certainly is not an un-biased two-sided documentary, it's more of a smear campaign against religion, but what it lacks in two-sidedness it more than makes up in hilariousness. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and if you’re like all the people in the theater I was in you'll clap (except for me, I don’t clap at movies, it’s silly) after the Documenter’s heart-warming speech which closes the movie, the gist of which is "Rise up Atheists and Agnostics and throw down the religious idiots who run the world" .

Seriously, do it, now. You. Will. Laugh. Hard.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I've been looking forwards to seeing this. :)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:I've been looking forwards to seeing this. :)
Me and my girl went on Saturday - it far exceeded our expectations. One of the few times I'll say that a comedy is worth paying theater prices for.
moreh_yeladim

Re: Religuous

Post by moreh_yeladim »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Anyone who hasn't seen the new movie Religuous please go do so as soon as humanly possible. It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. It certainly is not an un-biased two-sided documentary, it's more of a smear campaign against religion, but what it lacks in two-sidedness it more than makes up in hilariousness. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and if you’re like all the people in the theater I was in you'll clap (except for me, I don’t clap at movies, it’s silly) after the Documenter’s heart-warming speech which closes the movie, the gist of which is "Rise up Atheists and Agnostics and throw down the religious idiots who run the world" .

If by "laugh, cry and clap" you mean "chuck tomatoes at the atheist jackass" then your prediction of my behavior is 100% accurate.
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Religuous

moreh_yeladim wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Anyone who hasn't seen the new movie Religuous please go do so as soon as humanly possible. It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. It certainly is not an un-biased two-sided documentary, it's more of a smear campaign against religion, but what it lacks in two-sidedness it more than makes up in hilariousness. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and if you’re like all the people in the theater I was in you'll clap (except for me, I don’t clap at movies, it’s silly) after the Documenter’s heart-warming speech which closes the movie, the gist of which is "Rise up Atheists and Agnostics and throw down the religious idiots who run the world" .

If by "laugh, cry and clap" you mean "chuck tomatoes at the atheist jackass" then your prediction of my behavior is 100% accurate.
He is quite the jackass in the movie. Did you see it? I would have thought that even religious people would at least be entertained by it - I know I'm entertained when people point out the stupidity of certain Atheist veiws, this shit has to go both ways y'know?

fact of the matter is we're all idiots, we just manifest it in different ways and to varying degrees.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I really want to see it, but I don't know if they'll be showing it in this neck of the woods. Probably have to go to Tampa. I like how Bill came up with the name Religulous, by combining religion and ridiculous.
A Thing of Eternity

Mandy wrote:I really want to see it, but I don't know if they'll be showing it in this neck of the woods. Probably have to go to Tampa. I like how Bill came up with the name Religulous, by combining religion and ridiculous.
I didn't notice that, I thought he was just misspelling it for fun. :oops: :oops: :oops:

They might not be showing the movie where you are? How deep into Jesusland are you? :shock:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Shoot, she lives in God's waiting room.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

:shock:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That's what they call Florida. It's where old people go to wait for death.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Sad but true! :)

There isn't a theater in the nearest town anymore, and the one in Zephyrhills (a town that caters to retirees) probably won't show the movie. BUT.. you never know, we actually have a sex toy store now! They had to put up a fence so people could park behind it and shop in secret, but still, that is progress.
A Thing of Eternity

Jesusland indeed. Well, I will tell you that the movie is worth the drive to where-ever you need to go to see it!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Like most movies, I'll have to wait for it to come out on video. The theater is just too expensive and the public frowns on me drinking beer in my underwear.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:Like most movies, I'll have to wait for it to come out on video. The theater is just too expensive and the public frowns on me drinking beer in my underwear.
:lol:
Purge

Post by Purge »

I thought it was pretty entertaining. He could have been an even bigger ass.
Last edited by Purge on 11 Jan 2011 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Yeah, they come down here and drive us crazy in the winter.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Mandy wrote:Yeah, they come down here and drive us crazy in the winter.
And we charge them 30 cents more than the national average for gas on their way.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:That's what they call Florida. It's where old people go to wait for death.

hillarious and true. i know so many old dutch folks who live down there half the year as soon as it gets a bit nippy outside :P
We Dutch don't like the cold okay! Quite a few seniors from here spend their winters in Spain. I can't wait to become a senior.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Serkanner wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:That's what they call Florida. It's where old people go to wait for death.

hillarious and true. i know so many old dutch folks who live down there half the year as soon as it gets a bit nippy outside :P
We Dutch don't like the cold okay! Quite a few seniors from here spend their winters in Spain. I can't wait to become a senior.
by the time you are a senior, your to old to properly enjoy Spain!

Rob
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Robspierre wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:

by the time you are a senior, your to old to properly enjoy Spain!

Rob
That is very disturbing ... but also true. Good thing is I did enjoy Spain very properly during my more junior days.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."