Facebook account disabled??

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

trang

Facebook account disabled??

Post by trang »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else who is on facebook (recently) has also had their account disabled??

I got no warnings, notifications or anything, Just your disabled because they felt some terms of use was violated.

I created another account with my RL name, Roger Mihalko. So those that I was connected with if you wanna ad me again be great.

I had no content, posts or anything that would do that. Unless something was reported in relation to dune over there. I was very mild in my posts there.

I appealed to their support for answers, but it pretty much sucks.

I was just getting the page tweeked to my liking.

Hope I can get my old page back.

Thanks
Trang/Roger
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

orald

Post by orald »

Facebook sucks anyway. Go to MySpace. 8)

Heck, I've never tried or cared to try any of them, they all suck. :wink:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Since when does the HLP of Tor has the copyright of the word "official"?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

muthafuckers. I had wondered where your page had gone, now i know. didn't get any warning or anything though, but my account is kinda varied. want me to try set another one up? i know it's childish, but what they seem to be playing at is just plain ridiculous and so playground bully-like it's untrue. let me know.
I am a mortal god.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I got a warning too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Hello,

You created a Page that has violated our Terms of Use, and this Page has been
removed. Facebook Pages are special profiles used solely for commercial,
political, or charitable purposes. Among other things, Pages that are hateful,
threatening, or obscene are not allowed. We also take down Pages that attack an
individual or group, or that are set up by an unauthorized individual. Continued
misuse of Facebook's features could result in your account being disabled.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit the Terms applicable to
Facebook Pages at http://www.facebook.com/terms_pages.php.

The Facebook Team
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

good to know what caused it at least, but why I didnt even get a warning is pretty sad.

I got email back from the the support asking me to verify who I was, but it also said not to create another account with a different email beacuse it might complicate the research to restore it.

Im like yea right, I use the dam thing to commuinicate with friends and they just blow me away based on some report.

I sent freind request to everyone I could remember from my new account, if not can you look me up under my real life name: Roger Mihalko.

As for another page, I would probably use the word "Original" Dune, instead of "Official" it might last, but if any page and its fan's can just be whacked based on a simple report, that doesnt bode well.

And for Orald..... I appreciate your opinion about facebook, but I already have a Myspace page, 2+ years old, and use it everyday as well as facebook. Each site has its strengths, My space is gaudy, and in most cases a visual assault on your eyes, Facebook pages are implemented on a lower key and organinzation for communication via things like Fan pages, discussion groups and applications is a little better.

Hopefully will get this resolved one way or the other.

Thanks for the feedback,
Trang/Roger
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

You know, I really don't like that.

It'd be like the phone company telling you your service has been disconnected because they didn't like the way you were complaining about their company to your friends over the phone.

You know, everyone talks about the new opportunities that the internet is creating and the freedom of information shared across it. But I have to say, more and more it looks like we're regulating the internet into a cesspool. Just like the way a certain someone ruined Arrakeen and another person has slowly moderated Dumbnovels into paralysis.

Who the fuck is Facebook to tell me what I can and can't say with my friends? Fuck them and their social-networking nazism. Reminds me why I've never created an account with that hole in the first place.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

The internet has freedom of speach - as long as you say it where no one can hear you. :wink:
orald

Post by orald »

Actually, Trang, I said I don't care much for any of those social networks, I don't have any resentment against FaceBook or a liking for MySpace.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.