Blade Runner PC Game

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Seraphan

Blade Runner PC Game

Post by Seraphan »

Yeah i know the game has some years but it's still one of the best adventure games i ever played. The freakin' game has around 12 estimated endings and you'll probably have to dig around in forums to find them out because there are no complete faqs about it.
The game brakes away from the typical "grab object and use it on something", this one is a detective story and therefore you gather clues and leads; how you follow them is up to you.
You'll have to play the game more than once since events in the game randomly change when you begin a new one. The game script is good, the main character is a blade runner named Ray McCoy and the story is not the one in the movie, altough it runs paralel to it. Also the game implements more elements of Philip K. Dick's novel, the dialogues are solid and and the environment is faithful to what you see in the movie.
So if your a fan of Blade Runner you can check around the net for a downloadable "Blade Runner PC game custom instalation" through torrent, since the original game's instalation doesnt work on Windows Vista. If you happen to get it and when you start the game everything has stripes, simply press the keybord button with the Windows symbol so that it minimizes the game; click on the open game again and it's fixed. You'll have to do this everytime you run the game.
Here's a few pictures:

I'll take this opportunity to log the game's endings and story changes that i come across:
(SPOILER ALERT)
-I've only completed the game once and have gotten an ending where McCoy and Crystal end as partners. Also i've loaded to a previous part in the game since i ended up having Lucy killed, whether i try to VK her or warn her about Crystal, in the arcade. I'm trying to change that and have either Gordo or Dektora chased.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
orald

Post by orald »

IIRC there's a teaser for it on the C&C disk, which means it's ooooold. :P

Then again, I still enjoy playing original RA.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Yeah it was made in 1997, Blade Runner that is.

Log:
-Failed to save Lucy, no matter what order i tried Lucy only showed up after i talked to Dektora and Gordo. I let Crystal to walk along the narrow passage without clicking on the bomb, she died and got the ending where Gaff shows up and says that McCoy as gotten a promotion and bonus for Replicant retire, the scene ends with McCoy grabing a dog shaped origami from the floor.
I have started a new game on easy difficulty, figuring it will afect what endings i get.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Simon

Post by Simon »

That looks like a fun game. Though that last screen shot with "Moby Games" in the corner looks a bit dicey.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Simon wrote:That looks like a fun game. Though that last screen shot with "Moby Games" in the corner looks a bit dicey.
The characters in the game are very pixilated but that never means much to me, so long as the plot and narrative in the game are good, the rest is just gravy.

Log: Interesting changes. At the beginning no witnesses saw the perpetrators; Izo wasnt killed by Crystal, this time he was captured; Bullet Bob gave me info on the weapons used in the animal murder case; found Guzza in Animoid row. Further updates tomorrow hopefully.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I like this game a lot, but didn't have the patience to play it more than a couple of times. It definitely has the feel of the original movie, though, and doesn play too loosely with the universe, either.

HBJ