Spore

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Illogical Banana

Spore

Post by Illogical Banana »

Anyone play this game? I'd like to, but my computer is outdated.

But I thought I'd bring it up cause at first glance it seems to have a bit of Dune in it.

"Spice acts as the main resource"
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'm playing it and it is amazing...both in scope, and also in how amazingly fast you get to the space stage. Still making your own creations is tons of fun.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I have played it for one day and was utterly disappointed. Most parts of the game are only fun to do once and that is not what I am looking for in a game. It went straight into the Jiskefet after that. Spore doesn't come close to the hype that was created for it.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Even the creator said that the hype was too high for what they where releasing. Yeah i've played it and it's a game that's made to create online communities, the fun doesnt lie in the gameplay per say but rather on the free creation of races.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I've been wanting to try it out, I think the concept is great. Is there a free trial download?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I only liked the tidepool and the creature phases, the tribe one is pretty boring afther a while so i stoped playing it.

It is like a glorified The Sims.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:I've been wanting to try it out, I think the concept is great. Is there a free trial download?
Torrent is your friend. Had it down within 24 hours, all 3. something gb's of it.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

If its still available, I'd just buy the full creature creator. It's literally like 75% of the full game. So many of the useful or wanted abilities in the game (like importing creatures) are buried and not easily accessible or downright missing (importing specific creatures)

Multiplayer REALLY needs to be implemented. Sure I can stomp my friends creation with my amazingly scary Kobolds, but he can stomp them just as easily on his computer vs the A.I.

BTW, for those who are into SPORE, my creator name is Applecrow, I'd be interested in sharing some creatures.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Sole Man

on SPORE

Post by Sole Man »

I predicted it was going to be crappy, and i delivered.

Well...I'll admit I haven't played it, but all the reviews I read sai that it wasn't that great. I don
t even see why everyone was so hyped up to play it, it didn't look that fun.