Dragon*Con!!!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

sparafucile

Post by sparafucile »

I'm going camping this weekend, have fun at DC, and I can't wait to hear about the upcoming 'antics' :twisted:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:From DN:
DragonCon Appearances and Schedule
One of our favorite conventions every year is DragonCon in Atlanta, GA. Rebecca and I flew out this morning to spend the weekend with fans and friends, writers, actors, and artists. If you are attending the con, you can track us down at the following panels and appearances:

Fri 01:00 pm Matters of the Force & 501st Celebration (Star Wars) K&R
Fri 04:00 pm Autographing K&R
Fri 05:30 pm Funny As Hell (Humor and Horror, BLOOD LITE) K
Sat 02:30 pm What Every Writer Needs to Know K&R
Sat 05:30 pm Historical Influences in the Star Wars Universe K&R
Sat 08:30 pm Writing Bestselling Fiction K
Sun 10:00 am Jedi RoundTable K&R
Sun 01:00 pm PAUL OF DUNE Reading
Sun 02:30 pm Rebecca Reading
Sun 04:00 pm autographing at "Missing Volume" booth
Mon 10:00 am SF&F for Teachers R
Mon 01:00 pm Exciting Secondary Characters R

I will also be speaking and autographing at the Decatur (GA) Book Festival on Saturday morning from 11:00 - noon. This event is open to the public.

And for those who are getting up early on Labor Day morning, I'm scheduled to be a guest on "Good Day Atlanta" at about 6:30 AM on the local FOX TV station.

We will be handing out plenty of free hardcovers of CRYSTAL DOORS as well as plenty of the PAUL OF DUNE gummi sandworms. We hope to see you there!

-- KJA
So kind of him to give us his schedule. :wink:
Freak, if you can get your hands on a digital recorder (voice only or movie), do so and take some recordings. You can send them to me later and I can put them at distantsoil for posting here later.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
trang

Post by trang »

Do you all have any "OH" apparral you might be sporting to the event? or would that throw you out of a chance to get close to them?

A simple black T shirt with "Orthordox Herbertarian" across the back subbed with "www.jacurutu.com" (this would keep it from view from KJA and Brian if he is there, but stir up some questions from people who saw ya from the back side.

Just a thought,

Hope you have fun!
Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:
One of our favorite conventions every year is DragonCon in Atlanta, GA. Rebecca and I flew out this morning to spend the weekend with fans and friends, writers, actors, and artists. If you are attending the con, you can track us down at the following panels and appearances:

I will also be speaking and autographing at the Decatur (GA) Book Festival on Saturday morning from 11:00 - noon. This event is open to the public.

And for those who are getting up early on Labor Day morning, I'm scheduled to be a guest on "Good Day Atlanta" at about 6:30 AM on the local FOX TV station.

We will be handing out plenty of free hardcovers of CRYSTAL DOORS as well as plenty of the PAUL OF DUNE gummi sandworms. We hope to see you there!

-- KJA
Freak, if you can get your hands on a digital recorder (voice only or movie), do so and take some recordings. You can send them to me later and I can put them at distantsoil for posting here later.
...Chigger and Mr. Teg could also use it to make a glorious podcast... :P
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Thank you, but we already have a glorious PoD-cast in the works. :twisted:

Monday evening (JST), people. Stay toned and tuned. :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SandChigger wrote:Thank you, but we already have a glorious PoD-cast in the works. :twisted:

Monday evening (JST), people. Stay toned and tuned. :P
8) :smoke: :post whore:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Tegsul, we have FANSIGN! :lol:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Isn't it Ironic that Kevin won't be at this part of the con?

I'd go to this
Mon 02:30 pm Admitting your a Dried Up Sci-Fi Hack K
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:

-- KJA
I have a DV recorder I'll take.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:

-- KJA
I have a DV recorder I'll take.
Excellent... :twisted:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

This one's for you, Rob:

https://publish.comcast.net/rpath/A-KKV ... RnI50pgro/

The chicks were worth the cost of admission:

https://publish.comcast.net/rpath/QaMAc ... 6lV7GBoGw/

I got my copy of Road to Dune signed. He wrote "Keep to the Road".

:wink:

I asked Mr. Anderson if they planned on publishing any more books like RtD with more notes and "The Outline". He rolled his eyes and said that the very best of all that was in RtD. He brought up Chris Tolkien's LotR's notes and said he thought it was borring. I told him FH's fans would still like to see it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:I asked Mr. Anderson if they planned on publishing any more books like RtD with more notes and "The Outline". He rolled his eyes and said that the very best of all that was in RtD. He brought up Chris Tolkien's LotR's notes and said he thought it was borring. I told him FH's fans would still like to see it.
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! :evil:

GODDAMNED TALENTLESS HACK.

(I don't suppose you had an IC recorder or something along with you?)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Well, on the teeter-totter that has "dick-wad no talent" on one end and "out out of touch idiot no talent" on the other, I say that this is evidence of the latter.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

I disagree. KJA is clearly showing his aptitude in understanding what the Dune fan wants to see. He's just looking out for us!

Psych! 8)
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Freakzilla wrote: I asked Mr. Anderson if they planned on publishing any more books like RtD with more notes and "The Outline". He rolled his eyes and said that the very best of all that was in RtD. He brought up Chris Tolkien's LotR's notes and said he thought it was borring. I told him FH's fans would still like to see it.
As if to say: "I don't have time to deal with this shit, asshole, its all about the money and the rights and I have both. So Shut the hell up. Dune is Mine. I signed your book fanboy, now get out of the line."

If I'm elected President, I Promise to put KJA in Guantanamo as an Enemy Combatant. I'll get around to releasing him...eventually. I'm Ampoliros and I approve this message.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Awesome Freak! Seems you had some fun as part of your special mission!

Rob
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Ampoliros wrote:
Freakzilla wrote: I asked Mr. Anderson if they planned on publishing any more books like RtD with more notes and "The Outline". He rolled his eyes and said that the very best of all that was in RtD. He brought up Chris Tolkien's LotR's notes and said he thought it was borring. I told him FH's fans would still like to see it.
As if to say: "I don't have time to deal with this shit, asshole, its all about the money and the rights and I have both. So Shut the hell up. Dune is Mine. I signed your book fanboy, now get out of the line."

If I'm elected President, I Promise to put KJA in Guantanamo as an Enemy Combatant. I'll get around to releasing him...eventually. I'm Ampoliros and I approve this message.
Hmmm.... that Guantanamo idea IS interesting, Ampoliros...But only if the hack ends up with the same trouble there like in the Harold and Kumar movie... :twisted: :lol:
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Rakis wrote:
Ampoliros wrote:

Hmmm.... that Guantanamo idea IS interesting, Ampoliros...But only if the hack ends up with the same trouble there like in the Harold and Kumar movie... :twisted: :lol:
Mr. KJA and BH...get ready for the cock sandwich!!! (its in harold and kumar for all youlame people who didnt see it)
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Robspierre wrote:Awesome Freak! Seems you had some fun as part of your special mission!

Rob
My six-year old Jimmy had a great time too, kids under seven get in free. He knew what more of the costumes were than me and really impressed everyone.

I could only go for one day so when I get your contribution I'll need to send some back. Unless y'all want to put the change towards the site for contests or whatever.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I asked Mr. Anderson if they planned on publishing any more books like RtD with more notes and "The Outline". He rolled his eyes and said that the very best of all that was in RtD. He brought up Chris Tolkien's LotR's notes and said he thought it was borring. I told him FH's fans would still like to see it.
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! :evil:

GODDAMNED TALENTLESS HACK.

(I don't suppose you had an IC recorder or something along with you?)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
No, I thought about turning my video recorder on so I could get the audio but I was trying to keep track of my son too. The place was packed, so I had one hand on the handle of his backpack. It's probably a good thing he was there to keep me out of trouble. There was a LOT of security and I didn't want to take any chances.

I went on short notice, maybe next year I can plan something more professional, maybe even get some kind of press pass for the web site.

Oh, I got THE LAST bag of Paul of Dune Gummi Worms from KJA. :wink:

Let me tell you, it was difficult explaining to my six-year-old why we couldn't eat them.

I have a few more pictures I'll post soon.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't know if he knows who I am, but my badge had FREAKZILLA in large capital letters, he seemed to keep starring at it.
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't know if he knows who I am, but my badge had FREAKZILLA in large capital letters, he seemed to keep starring at it.
That should be nothing to an old hand Like KJA who's attended numerous Dragon Cons :wink:

Don't worry about change Freak, talk it over with SC and Omph and see what they want their contributions to go for.

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

We met Omnius... I mean Optimus Prime in the registration line, it was a tight squeeze.

This one's dark, but you can barely make out my son being eaten by Aliens.

Storm Trooper in a kilt. That's people from Hustler in the background on the right.

Mario

Droids

This chick was selling contacts that change the color of your iris. Hers were pretty cool, the chick next to her had red ones. While taking the pic she was talking to a guy about lenses that cover your whole scelera. I could have sworn I saw people in passing with all blue eyes there.

Yes, that is a chain malle thong bikini on the right. 8)

We met these two crossing the street between the Hyat and the Marriott. It took up both hotels. Both of which are VERY nice hotels, especially the Marriott Marquis.

47 Story Atrium

There's glass elevators in the 47 story atrium. :shock:

I think these guys were promoting some video game.
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

Glad it was fun for you and your son freak!! Im not sure I could be civilized standing close enough to KJA without reaching out and strangling him.

Ive never been to any type of CON, not sure the overall focus of dragon con, but the picture of the scantly clad fems is motivating.

makes me think, barbarian costum, sword at my back, two fifths of jim beam ( I would risk it with the diabetes for these ladies) in belt holster and introduction to these females would equal some fun!!!

Of course my wife wouldnt approve, so have to dream I guess.

Good report, Great Pics, Thanks much!!
Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Dune inspired contact lenses.

Goodnight Golden Path!