Dragon*Con!!!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I have been trying to think of a costume without having to wear contact lenses because I don't think I could stand it. With a sword and a green and black military dress uniform I could be Duncan Idaho. Maybe even a gaping wound in the head.

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote: Oh, I got THE LAST bag of Paul of Dune Gummi Worms from KJA. :wink:

Let me tell you, it was difficult explaining to my six-year-old why we couldn't eat them.
Yea, you need to douse them with gasoline and "cook" them first. :twisted:

Freak, make a knife stick out of the "wound". Or you could make an inkvine scar and take a guitar along(well, guitar is close enough).
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:
Freakzilla wrote: Oh, I got THE LAST bag of Paul of Dune Gummi Worms from KJA. :wink:

Let me tell you, it was difficult explaining to my six-year-old why we couldn't eat them.
Yea, you need to douse them with gasoline and "cook" them first. :twisted:

Freak, make a knife stick out of the "wound". Or you could make an inkvine scar and take a guitar along(well, guitar is close enough).
I'm too pretty to be Gurney. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

And too old to be Duncan. :P
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I think we should destroy all but one of the gummi worms, and put it in a No-tupperware, and launch it into space.

Our own little scattering.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:I think we should destroy all but one of the gummi worms, and put it in a No-tupperware, and launch it into space.

Oh god, I left them on top of my chest of drawers. I hope the kids don't see them...
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:
Ampoliros wrote:I think we should destroy all but one of the gummi worms, and put it in a No-tupperware, and launch it into space.

Oh god, I left them on top of my chest of drawers. I hope the kids don't see them...
I think eating them is the perfect thing to do, how much more appropriate does it get - that which represents Paul of Dune being literally turned to shit.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

I think eating them is the perfect thing to do, how much more appropriate does it get - that which represents Paul of Dune being literally turned to shit.
Yeah, great symbolism there. I kind of want to save them though, but I won't be totally heart-broken if someone eats them.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Paul of Dune has that covered.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Any news from Eru? Was he at the 'Con? Did something happened with KJA? Any pics?
Freakzilla

Re: Dragon*Con!!!

Post by Freakzilla »

Gearing up for D*C here in Atlanta...
Dragon*Con is North America's largest annual science fiction and popular arts convention. Held every Labor Day weekend in the Hyatt Regency Atlanta, the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, the Hilton Atlanta, and the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, it attracts over 30 thousand attendees with its multitude of celebrity guests, exhibits, art displays, merchandise, and collectibles. Convention events are scheduled around the clock, including guest speakers, concerts, panel discussions, presentations, workshops, and demonstrations.

4-day membership: $100; 3-day, 2-day, and single-day memberships also available at the door; children under 7 free with adult admission. Dragon*Con membership includes admission to all panels and most convention events and activities.

William Shatner is the latest addition to the host of over 500 Dragon*Con 2009 celebrity guests, including Leonard Nimoy, Patrick Stewart, Malcolm McDowell, Terry Gilliam, Anthony Daniels, Lou Ferrigno, and Louise Fletcher.
http://www.dragoncon.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't do any planning until these are ready:
Schedule Grids

It's what everyone wants the most! The schedule grids are like a TV Guide for the Convention! Unfortunately, the schedule is still being worked on, so you can't have them just yet. We promise to put them online just as soon as we possibly can, and again this year, we will be providing them in PDF and Excel formats via Google Docs!
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

KJA's bio:
Kevin J. Anderson is the author of more than 100 novels, 47 of which have appeared on national or international bestseller lists. He has over 20 million books in print in 30 languages, and he has won or been nominated for numerous prestigious awards. By any measure, he is one of the most popular writers currently working in the genre.

Anderson has coauthored 11 books in Frank Herbert's classic Dune universe with Herbert's son, Brian. The most recent volume is Jessica of Dune, released in August, 2009. Anderson is also a co-producer with Brian Herbert on a major new film of Dune from Paramount Pictures.

Anderson's highly popular epic science fiction series, The Saga of Seven Suns, is his most ambitious work, which he completed in 2008 with the publication of the seventh volume, The Ashes of Worlds. On his book-signing tour of New Zealand and Australia, the sixth book became the #1 best-selling SF novel on the continent. The final volume hit general fiction bestseller lists in the UK. Now Anderson is working on an epic nautical fantasy trilogy, Terra Incognita, about sailing ships, sea monsters, and the crusades. The first volume, The Edge of the World, appeared in June, 2009. In an innovative Terra Incognita companion project, Anderson has produced a rock CD (featuring legendary performers from Dream Theater, Saga, Asia, Kansas, and Rocket Scientists), with lyrics written by himself and his wife, Rebecca Moesta.

Anderson's Star Wars Jedi Academy books were the three top-selling SF novels of 1994. His three original anthologies—Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales from Jabba's Palace, and Tales of the Bounty Hunters—are the bestselling SF anthologies of all time. He has also completed numerous other projects for Lucasfilm, including the 14-volume, bestselling, and award-winning Young Jedi Knights series (co-written with his wife, Rebecca Moesta). Anderson is the author of three hardcover novels based on the X-Files; all became international bestsellers, the first of which reached #1 on the London Sunday Times. He has also coauthored a major bestseller with Dean Koontz, Prodigal Son, which sold more than a million copies in a single year.
Is his Saga of Seven Suns really "highly popular"? I find that very difficult to believe.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Check out the pic they have for Rebecca!

:P
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Dealers Room and Exhibit Hall

In the Dealers Room, you can shop through one of the largest assortments of original crafts, medieval arms and artifacts, posters, models, games and accessories, Silver and Golden Age comics, Japanese Animation merchandise and hardback and paperback books to be found in the world.

In the Exhibit Hall, you can browse amongst the latest new products and releases from a wide variety of gaming, comic and book publishing companies, often times being able to chat with the creators and publishers themselves.

Dealer and Exhibitor Hall information for the 2009 show is now available. Please reference the 2009 Dealer/Exhibitor Packet for the application as well as other information pertaining to the Dealer and Exhibitor Halls.

Dealers

International Hall

WORDFIRE INC- KEVIN J. ANDERSON
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Holy shiiiiit...
GUESTS

Byron Patrick Merritt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Byron Merritt is the grandson of science fiction author Frank Herbert and nephew of Brian Herbert, author of the new DUNE series coauthored with Kevin J. Anderson. Byron is also a writer in his own right, with stories published around the internet, near his home in Monterey, California, and in magazines abroad.

His stories consist of science fiction comedies ("Monte-Ray Gunn' featured in a short story collection in Monterey, California where Byron resides) to historical fiction and beyond. His story "Father Figure" was featured in Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine out of Australia and was chosen in an internet poll as one of the top stories for that issue.

His historical fiction piece, "A Break in the Trail" (Monterey Shorts 2, 2005) received critical acclaim (http://www.subtletea.com/montereyshorts2review.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Byron Merritt has a plethora of information on his famous grandfather, Frank Herbert, too. He oversees many of the business aspects related to his work and was instrumental in getting the latest film adaptaion moving forward through Paramount Pictures.
I can't WAIT! :D
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

"It's a family affaaaaair!" :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"Stories published around the internet ..."?

Jesus wept. That is somehow noteworthy now?

How about actual books? You know: paper? Got any of those, Byron?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:"Stories published around the internet ..."?

Jesus wept. That is somehow noteworthy now?

How about actual books? You know: paper? Got any of those, Byron?
Didn't he get published in "Monterey Shorts"? Maybe that was the "local" reference.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, I read "Monte-Ray Gunn" in the first collection of Monterey Shorts.

Never quite got around to the second one.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Yes, I remember him saying his work was published in that collection.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Can internet publishing really be considered publishing? If it's for sale yes, but if it's just posted somewhere for free I don't know if that counts.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I can't imagine internet publishing would count for anything, unless people made distinctions as to the forum.

Obviously, anyone can post anything they want on the internet for free. But it's much more difficult to have an article published at the CBC.ca, CNN.com or BBC.co.uk websites, even though their service is also free. I would think that getting paid for publishing is the only reliable benchmark any more, regardless of the medium.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla wrote:Check out the pic they have for Rebecca!

:P
HS grad pic ?
circa 1978 ?

and Freak, look here.

You HAVE to do something to/at Merritt.

You just have to.

all hands to the secret clubhouse .....

:shhh:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Ask him to ban you properly :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

perfect.

effing perfect.

relevant, doesn't attack Keith, the books, the HLP.

win.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008