Surprise - John Edwards is a Man!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Centurion988

Surprise - John Edwards is a Man!

Post by Centurion988 »

Sorry America. John Edwards is not a saint, he's a Man. And a politician too. Well I'm not shocked. Share your thoughts.

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I need an other coffee and LloydsTSB have a crappy call centre.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

It's like you can't trust anyone anymore.

I've not liked edward since he tried to run in the 2004 elections. I felt like he quite on North Carolina. We elected him to do a job as our senator and before his term was up he diecides he would rather be president. I remember a few times he said one thing one day and they later said the exact opposite. He didn't finish the job he was elected for in NC how could I trust him to finish a job as president.

He's just another rich politian who does not really care about the American people as claims to.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Centurion988

Post by Centurion988 »

I hear you Eyes High. I'm still stunned how Edwards bailed on N.C. for his shot as Vice President. It was painful to watch and I'm living in Seattle!

Guess he'll be wanting your forgiveness now.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Other than those standing for reelection, of course, I think politicians should have to resign their current positions when they decide to run. They're elected to do a particular job, not to try for a better one. :x
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Centurion988

Post by Centurion988 »

SandChigger wrote:Other than those standing for reelection, of course, I think politicians should have to resign their current positions when they decide to run. They're elected to do a particular job, not to try for a better one. :x
Yes! Blind ambition is ugly to watch. Politics don't need uglier, LOL!
orald

Post by orald »

He's not just a man, he's a good-looking man. 8)

Well, for his age! :oops:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I don't care about it and don't think it's newsworthy. What does a guy getting his dick wet have to do with his political philosophies and motivation? He's still a brilliant man.
orald

Post by orald »

I'd have to disagree with you there- if you have a politician who acts up all righteous and credible and you find out he's been cheating on his wife, well, doesn't this seem like a bit of a lie to you?

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I thought politician and liar meant the same thing.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

He's human, so what? People make mistakes. his career was over anyway.

I'd still vote for Bill Clinton, and I'd still vote for Edwards.
Centurion988

Post by Centurion988 »

orald wrote:He's not just a man, he's a good-looking man. 8)
Well, for his age! :oops:
I must say I'm proud to have selected such a handsome photo of Sen. Edwards.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

orald wrote:I'd have to disagree with you there- if you have a politician who acts up all righteous and credible and you find out he's been cheating on his wife, well, doesn't this seem like a bit of a lie to you?
Righteous and credible in regard to how we handle the economy and the poor has nothing to do with telling people not to cheat on their wives, which I don't think he ever did. Even if he did, in that regard at least I guess you wouldn't have to listen to him.
Centurion988

Post by Centurion988 »

Was it the right message delivered by the wrong messenger?
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

When some one gets married, they take a vow to "love, honor, and cherish." In otherwords, to be faithful and true. Cheating on one's spouse is neither faithful nor true. It is not a way to love, honor, nor cherish your spouse. So the person who cheats has broken his or her vow. No longer a person of their word. So why should they be tursted with a postion of such power?

In my opinion, that is why it's such a big deal when someone cheats on their spouse. No matter if it's the man or the woman.

So many politicians, who could have been among the greatest in history, messed up royally because they began thinking with the wrong part of their anatomy.

There was a time when a person's word meant something. Now, it seems, that so many have accepted lieing as the norm. A sad statement on our society I think.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

People have to stop deifying marriage and stop demonizing sex. The sooner people do that, the better off society will be.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
orald

Post by orald »

Eyes High wrote:When some one gets married, they take a vow to "love, honor, and cherish." In otherwords, to be faithful and true. Cheating on one's spouse is neither faithful nor true. It is not a way to love, honor, nor cherish your spouse. So the person who cheats has broken his or her vow. No longer a person of their word. So why should they be tursted with a postion of such power?

In my opinion, that is why it's such a big deal when someone cheats on their spouse. No matter if it's the man or the woman.

So many politicians, who could have been among the greatest in history, messed up royally because they began thinking with the wrong part of their anatomy.

There was a time when a person's word meant something. Now, it seems, that so many have accepted lieing as the norm. A sad statement on our society I think.
Hear, hear!

GP, nobody's deifying marriage, we're deifying actually sticking to one's promises and vows, or maybe you don't mind lying to everyone around you?

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Baiting straight out of the gate, are you? You must have really been hurting after the last thread to try spin as obvious as this :)

Try further up the forum; ol' fruit-flavored said he was looking for you :P
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Eyes High wrote:When some one gets married, they take a vow to "love, honor, and cherish." In otherwords, to be faithful and true.
No, not in other words. The words that are used suffice. Great people sometimes screw up. Give him a break, or you'll have to start demonizing every person in history who has earned our respect.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

John McCain also admitted to cheating on his first wife.

Ted Sampley, who fought with the Army's Special Forces in Vietnam and knows McCain, said: "When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her. ... Eventually, he met Cindy, and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy."

He married Cindy a month after the divorce from his first wife.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Could someone remind me why people still engage in this silly practice?

I personally think marriage should be abolished as a civil institution. If people still want to go through the religious ceremony and all that, and make "eternal vows" and all that rigamorole, then more power to them. But really, why should the state still be involved?

Parenthood can easily be determined now by DNA testing. Redefine the laws for income, property and inheritance taxes, etc., in terms of "relational cohabitance" or "shared support of natural or adopted dependents" or some such and get on with it.

YAWN.
orald

Post by orald »

GamePlayer wrote:Baiting straight out of the gate, are you? You must have really been hurting after the last thread to try spin as obvious as this :)

Try further up the forum; ol' fruit-flavored said he was looking for you :P
Are you talking to me? If so, you're making no sense at all. :?

And I agree with you, Chig.

You think they'll let me "marry" my dog that way? :P

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Nekhrun wrote:
Eyes High wrote:When some one gets married, they take a vow to "love, honor, and cherish." In otherwords, to be faithful and true.
No, not in other words. The words that are used suffice. Great people sometimes screw up. Give him a break, or you'll have to start demonizing every person in history who has earned our respect.
True. He's not the only person who has ever 'strayed'. The main problem I have with it is the tendency of society to say "he (or she) cheated, no big deal." I think it is a big deal, especially to the person being cheated on.

My brother-in-law and I were talking the other night. (I'm getting ready to show just how old fashion I am) He was cleaning up and picked up this wedding ring and made the comment that he needed to return it to his friend. "Why do you have his ring." I asked. To make a long story short he went on to inform me that his friend had lent him his old wedding ring because girls who go out to the bars will only talk to guys whom they believe are already married. My naive response was "Why would a girl want to talk with a married man? They're already spoken for. Wouldn't it be better to look for a guy who's single?" My brother-in-law had a nice chuckle.

So my new friends you can see how old fashion I am. I still believe in the sanctity of marriage. I also believe that if a person will cheat on someone with you then they will eventually cheat on you with someone else.

Yes, anyone can make a mistake. And I hope this is was a one time mistake for Edwards and not the norm for him. But that is something only time will tell.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

There you have it: the sanctity of marriage.

Religious issue. Personal issue. NOT an issue for state involvement.

Nor one for discussion in politics. "Infidelity" is really only the business of the two people involved. I really couldn't care less whether the man has plugged every hole from Jacksonville to Baltimore.

I'm honestly embarrassed sometimes at what prudish children Americans still are.

(Orald...your dog is an animal, not a human. So no, you can't "marry" it. But you could probably write a will that would set up provisions for it after you pass on. ;) )
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

orald wrote: Are you talking to me? If so, you're making no sense at all. :?
LOL :) Classic orald. Enter the discussion diving for the jugular only to recoil at the first challenge; "What? Who? Me? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. Please, I'm Mr. Victim, remember? FEEL SORRY FOR ME!" :) :lol: :P
SandChigger wrote:There you have it: the sanctity of marriage.

Religious issue. Personal issue. NOT an issue for state involvement.

Nor one for discussion in politics. "Infidelity" is really only the business of the two people involved. I really couldn't care less whether the man has plugged every hole from Jacksonville to Baltimore.

I'm honestly embarrassed sometimes at what prudish children Americans still are.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo my chigga. Rest assured you're not alone, though you'll have to accept my help as a Canadian. No luck for your fellow yanks :)