The Terrorists are winning.....

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

orald

Post by orald »

I'm probably not going to vote in our nearing(?) elections. No...not even bad choices really, no choices at all.
Well, except if I throw it away again on some extremist right-winged party, but that's just a waste of my time. I wonder if they pay extra for working on election day... :)
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

If you don't intend to cast your vote you should atleast go to the voting station and spoil your ballot paper. Men, Women and Children the World over have died for the right to vote
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't see anything wrong with not voting if you've registered to vote. I think it makes a statement when registered voters don't vote, that neither of the candidates are worthy. If candidates were smart they would campaign towards getting the vote of the large majority percentage of the population that doesn't vote. If everyone who didn't vote voted for one candidate it would be a enormous landslide.

[edit]

It seems like there's a recent trend of elections being very close. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I'm leaning towards bad, like civil war bad. I'd rather see the portion of the population (that votes) be more united.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

inhuien wrote:If you don't intend to cast your vote you should atleast go to the voting station and spoil your ballot paper. Men, Women and Children the World over have died for the right to vote
just write in Chuck Norris
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't see anything wrong with not voting if you've registered to vote. I think it makes a statement when registered voters don't vote, that neither of the candidates are worthy. If candidates were smart they would campaign towards getting the vote of the large majority percentage of the population that doesn't vote. If everyone who didn't vote voted for one candidate it would be a enormous landslide.

[edit]

It seems like there's a recent trend of elections being very close. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I'm leaning towards bad, like civil war bad. I'd rather see the portion of the population (that votes) be more united.
I agree, sort of. I do NOT subscribe to negative voting. If you can't get
behind somebody (har har) then I'd just as soon not vote. The problem
is is that it's been a long long time since there was a candidate that
people could truly get behind (har har).

And close elections aren't inherently a bad thing. The last two here in the
US certainly haven't been good. People here are more divided than ever,
and we all know what ol' Abe said about that!
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Bullwinkle or Cthulhu...decisions, decisions.

I saw a little bit of the "religious debate" thing on CNN this morning.

Goddammit: the Constitution specifically states there will be no religious test for holding office.

How is what these idiots are doing NOT a violation of that. :evil:

"I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins. ... I believe life begins at conception."

Jesus fucking Christ. The idiocy. And these are our two main choices? FUCK IT. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote:or Cthulhu...decisions, decisions.
I loved that internet election parody. The campaign slogan was comedy gold :) :lol:

"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."