Happy Belated Fathers Day

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I got pancakes and bacon in bed.

I went to Six-Flags, installed a toilet and two ceiling fans.

But the best thing was that for three days prior my kids were telling me happy Father's Day.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

bryanvdk wrote:
Robspierre wrote:
Wait staff can legally be paid 2.13 an hour vs 6.50 (varies by state) but basically wait staff are generally paid less because that can make up the difference in tips but if not the employer ahs to kick in enough to bring them up to minimum wage.

Rob

is 6.50 min wage there?
damn, it's like 8.75 up here in Ontario this year and within two years it's moving up to 10.75. bloody left wingers. oh and if thta's not enough, just quit your job and go on welfare up here, live off of my hard earned pay.
end rant
Its different in each state. In CA it is like $8.35 or $8.75 or something

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I think it's 8 or 8.50 here. They keep talking about raising it and it keeps getting shot down.

Rob- employers can pay waiters less than minimum wage down there? Kinda defeats the purpose :( of a minimum wage. Also kinda defeats the purpose of tipping... that's pretty harsh for waiters. They should move up here, the weather's not that bad!
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Alabama is one of the 5 or so states with no minimum wage law, so it's $5.85 here.

But! The federal minimum wage is being raised to $6.55 per hour effective July 24, 2008; and to $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009, and that's across the board, no matter what state you're in.
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Rob- employers can pay waiters less than minimum wage down there? Kinda defeats the purpose :( of a minimum wage. Also kinda defeats the purpose of tipping... that's pretty harsh for waiters. They should move up here, the weather's not that bad!
Actually, waiters tend to make much more than minimum wage. They're paid whatever Rob said above baseline, only if that plus tips exceeds minimum wage, in which case the employer has to make their earnings at least minimum wage. But for the most part, waiters make a decent amount of money. Other than bartenders, they're at the top of the service industry.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm

Note: Where Federal and state law have different minimum wage rates, the higher standard applies.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Phaedrus wrote:Alabama is one of the 5 or so states with no minimum wage law, so it's $5.85 here.

But! The federal minimum wage is being raised to $6.55 per hour effective July 24, 2008; and to $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009, and that's across the board, no matter what state you're in.
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Rob- employers can pay waiters less than minimum wage down there? Kinda defeats the purpose :( of a minimum wage. Also kinda defeats the purpose of tipping... that's pretty harsh for waiters. They should move up here, the weather's not that bad!
Actually, waiters tend to make much more than minimum wage. They're paid whatever Rob said above baseline, only if that plus tips exceeds minimum wage, in which case the employer has to make their earnings at least minimum wage. But for the most part, waiters make a decent amount of money. Other than bartenders, they're at the top of the service industry.
Hmm. I haven't checked into it for quite a while but I'm pretty sure that in Alberta and maybe BC too, waiters get minimum wage plus tips, and yeah, it works out to a decent pay cheque. Nothing compared to what strippers make though... :D
orald

Post by orald »

Here it's about 19-21 I think, which is 5-6$ US I think, if it's 3.6-ish NS per dollar.

Bryan, also remember most min' wage folks are manual workers, not pushy desk-jobbers.

Had a shitty enough day. Shift went out without much trouble, only it took the other worker a long time to close the shift(do all the calculations) cuz she "wasn't there"(so many calculating mistakes...with a calculator at hand :roll: I'll pretend it's because it's her first time doing so). Then because it's late and the bus company likes to ignore its own time-tables I had to walk the 2-3 miles home, up-hill.

THEN when I finally get to within shouting distance of my building this bunch of 25-30 guys standing in the corner of the road whisper between themselves(or what they call whispers...that I can hear from 50 feet away) and send out some hussy towards me...I guess their lame tricks so when she calls me "hey, boy" I show her the finger and go on up-hill(a bit of a dark, rocky place berween my building and the road below it)...and throw some nice big rocks at them from behind some trees. :wink:

Of course, some idiot actually ponders aloud "o' who, who hath thrown these here rocks upon our fair company? *innocent*"(gee, IDK, maybe the guy you just pissed off?)
Since I'm too pissed off to think straight at that moment, I shout "me, whoresons"(here it's probably the commonest thing, like motherfucker), giving them a target so some ass goes pounding up towards me.

Of course, it's dark, I know the place, I've got a lead and I'm already almost up there, so here I am, to your sorrow.
But if I didn't shout I'd have had the time for a quick trot and not a sprint that at my sorry state bloody drained me for a while.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
A Thing of Eternity

orald wrote:Here it's about 19-21 I think, which is 5-6$ US I think, if it's 3.6-ish NS per dollar.

Bryan, also remember most min' wage folks are manual workers, not pushy desk-jobbers.

Had a shitty enough day. Shift went out without much trouble, only it took the other worker a long time to close the shift(do all the calculations) cuz she "wasn't there"(so many calculating mistakes...with a calculator at hand :roll: I'll pretend it's because it's her first time doing so). Then because it's late and the bus company likes to ignore its own time-tables I had to walk the 2-3 miles home, up-hill.

THEN when I finally get to within shouting distance of my building this bunch of 25-30 guys standing in the corner of the road whisper between themselves(or what they call whispers...that I can hear from 50 feet away) and send out some hussy towards me...I guess their lame tricks so when she calls me "hey, boy" I show her the finger and go on up-hill(a bit of a dark, rocky place berween my building and the road below it)...and throw some nice big rocks at them from behind some trees. :wink:

Of course, some idiot actually ponders aloud "o' who, who hath thrown these here rocks upon our fair company? *innocent*"(gee, IDK, maybe the guy you just pissed off?)
Since I'm too pissed off to think straight at that moment, I shout "me, whoresons"(here it's probably the commonest thing, like motherfucker), giving them a target so some ass goes pounding up towards me.

Of course, it's dark, I know the place, I've got a lead and I'm already almost up there, so here I am, to your sorrow.
But if I didn't shout I'd have had the time for a quick trot and not a sprint that at my sorry state bloody drained me for a while.
Yes, that's a less than ideal way to end the day. The rock throwing might have been a bit extreme unless you figure they were going to rob you when you had your pants down - or some such scheme (that what you meant by "lame ass tricks"?). In which case the rock throwing was perfectly warranted, though perhaps not wise.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'd be honored if people sent me hussies. :?
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

IDK, something about supposedly having the hussy try to embarass me sexually...coming on to me as a joke or something to see how I respond.
It's not the first time.

If it was only her I'd throw the rocks at her right there and then.
Oh, and those are 1 pound rocks, not gravel(sp?). :wink:

Once I actually heard the "thump" of one hitting a car when some jerks were partying all night and not letting me sleep. Very satisfying.

Don't jerk me off when I'm coming home late and tired. I'm close to berserking on the slightest irritation.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.