Dreams Thread

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

orald

Post by orald »

bryanvdk wrote:
Annie dreams that everyone is dead
Still waiting for a prescient dream like that.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Okay, first of all, I did not know Orald already had a thread about dreaming when I posted my dreams/dreaming thread. Sorry about that. And secondly, I had told Orald the next time I dreamed something that was halfway interesting I would post it here. So here it goes. Yes, I know this is weird and even while I was dreaming it I had the feeling that ’something’ just wasn’t right. I dreamt this on the morning of April 8, 2009.

Off to Mardi Gras:

My future sister-n-law and I were walking along this road, a major by-pass which kept changing from a divided four lane up to eight lanes of traffic, both foot a vehicular. We had an assignment to interview people who were headed to Mardi Gras. The only restriction that had been placed upon us was that we had to keep walking against the flow of traffic.

Somehow or another during this time, my youngest son showed up in dusty clothes and at first he tried to keep up with us but soon decided he wanted to go to Mardi Gras. (Which by this time was more like a state park than a parade or anything) I left my future sister-n-law and went after my son. [A SIDE NOTE: In real life my future sister-n-law is young enough to be my daughter. I actually have a son who is a year older than her. So picture the avg. American skinny Twenty-year-old.]

I wound up in Louisiana walking with a crowd down a wide dirt road. The crowd started slowing down and thinning out. I caught up with my son who had changed from eleven years of age to nine years old by this time. I picked him up and then noticed the reason why the crowd had begun to slow down. Across the road and up on the ditch banks into the tree line on both sides were alligators, about twenty or thirty of them ranging in sizes from 18 inches to 4 feet wide and about 3 feet long to 16 or 17 feet long. I hitched my son up higher on my hip and walked forward. [My dreaming mind heard the gasps of the crowd behind me, but the me in the dream paid no attention to the sound.] Most of the gators either ignored us or crawled to the side. A few of them made false charges toward me. (During this time I would switch from having my son on my hip to being by myself still looking for my son.) About half way through the midst of the alligators the largest one really did charge me. (Almost like a bull elephant, but the dream me was reminded of a bulldog trying to be fiercer than it was.) When he got just about to me, I side stepped him and hit him on the nose with my elbow. He slinked away with a growl. When he was running toward me, his head came to about my chest level. (Which would be around four feet high I guess.) He turned out to be the worst of them. The others who made any charges I was able to drive away with a simple tap on the nose or a slight kick to the side. (Yes, I know totally illogical) Somehow I made it through the gators safely and finally reached a little park area with activity buildings. A state park is the best I can describe it.

Briefly the dream was sidetracked. I found myself in a room in a facility almost like a nursing home. My Mother-n-law was there along with her daughter who was trying to get her to put on this awful dress. My sister-n-law would never buy anything like that in real life, much less try to get her mother to wear it. And my mother-n-law lives in her own home. Also, an old friend of mine was there. (This friend might would make SandRider, Freak, and some others that we know and like so well look tame in comparison. Love y'all really. :wink: )

Well, anyhow, while I was there I found out that the people who had given me the assignment to interview people were trying to find me because I had left “my post.” So, I crawled out the window of my friend’s room which of course led into the hallway and I walked out of the building back out into Mardi Gras Park. I found my son again who was about 6 years old now and took him to see something he was wanting to see. While we were in there I heard people whispering that these men where looking for some woman for some reason and offering a small reward for any information. I paid the clerk for something that my son had purchased and walked out the building and down the steps right past the men who were looking for me. They never noticed me.

I woke up about that time, so I never did find out, why my friend was there. If my mother-n-law ever put on that dress or why my sister-n-law would even want her to. Nor do I know if I ever made it back to my future sister-n-law and what her reaction was at me leaving her alone in the traffic to finish the assignment by herself.

I have never wanted to go to Mardi Gras, so why I would dream about it is beyond me. Except I've been listening to a lot of Harry Connick Jr music lately. Including his song "Here Come The Big Parade." This dream was a strange one in that normally my dreams, even the weird ones, make better sense than this one did. Hope y'all found it interesting. There was more details in it, but I was TRYING to keep it somewhat short. :oops:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Maybe because it's that time of year, Fat Tuesday was just a couple weeks ago.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Well anyhow, gthe gators where kind of neat
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I had a realy weird one once...

I was at this black guy's house and he was a were-gator. As if I need to explain, he turned into an alligator by the light of a full moon. I was in his guest bedroom and there were all kinds of toy stuffed animals on the bed. When the full moon came out the stuffed animals came to life, the were-gator busts down the door and starts eating the now alive stuffed animals.

I escape out the window.

:?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I had a realy weird one once...

I was at this black guy's house and he was a were-gator. As if I need to explain, he turned into an alligator by the light of a full moon. I was in his guest bedroom and there were all kinds of toy stuffed animals on the bed. When the full moon came out the stuffed animals came to life, the were-gator busts down the door and starts eating the now alive stuffed animals.

I escape out the window.

:?
moral of the story: Freak is scared of black guys
I think I was living in a seedy apartment complex at the time, maybe...
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Baraka Bryan wrote:moral of the story: Freak is scared of black guys
:lol:
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Clearly, because there's no reason to be afraid of were-gators. Living stuffed animals, maybe, but not were-gators.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Tleszer wrote:
Clearly, because there's no reason to be afraid of were-gators. Living stuffed animals, maybe, but not were-gators.
I bet we never find you in the bayou durring a full moon though. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

As part of the children's Dune direct-to-video I mentioned in the other thread, I was watching it with a girl and I became so enraged that I started to beat the fuck out of the TV and she had to calm me down through kissing. (Then Freud stuff happened)

Which is strange because I'm currently having a lot of issues with this girl, and usually when I dream of a girl I have a crush on or am in love with they "always get away" no matter how hard I try, or how much I realize it's a dream I can (supposedly) control (which I interpret to mean I don't have a chance), or they're a complete bitch (probably to help me move on).
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:I bet we never find you in the bayou durring a full moon though. :wink:
Well, certainly not now, during Pesach. :roll: