SMOKING THREAD!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Omphalos wrote:
Serkanner wrote:I smoked self-rolled cigarettes for 20 years from when I was 17. In December 2006 I decided to quite. Haven't touched one since.

I do miss it at times though and I think the craving will never truly leave my system. Fortunately I still drink my beers otherwise there would be no use for living at all any more.
I used to love Dewey Eggberts rolling tobacco.
Douwe Egberts as a separate tobacco brand doesn´t exist any more but quite a number of brands are produced by Douwe Egberts ) although the tobacco branch of the company has been sold quite some time ago it still uses Douwe Egberts in its name. I also smoked one of the more `spicier` of the DE brands.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I knew I had that spelling wrong. :oops:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

GP wrote:I've been told I smoked pot before, but it's always while I'm drunk so I can't confirm.
:lol:

I saw a ~12 y-o kid light a cigarette just in front of our gas station office today, made me wanna go and smack his head.

We got lots of them young hookah(nargilah) smokers though, you can smell the sweet stench from a block away. :puke:

And regarding anti-smoking laws, we're finally getting more restricting ones(horray!) and in the gas station itself of course there's no smoking while on duty(hooray!).

Can't understand why anyone would succomb to peer-pressure and start smoking anyway...so yucky and dumb. :?
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I actually started smokinf sans perr pressure, wich just makes it more retarded. Smoked all by myself for almost a year before I smoked socially.
BH

Post by BH »

I used to smoke a lotta junk, then my dad cut me off and I had to get a real job. :cry:
The Mutati are NOT facedancers! They are TOTALLY different! Can'you'not see that?
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I thought only goth chicks smoked cloves :P

I've been smoking since I was about 13.. I'm not even trying to quit. I smoked Marlboro's for years, now I smoke Camel Turkish Gold. I gave up weed and all the other fun stuff almost 6 yrs ago.
A Thing of Eternity

Mandy wrote:I thought only goth chicks smoked cloves :P

I've been smoking since I was about 13.. I'm not even trying to quit. I smoked Marlboro's for years, now I smoke Camel Turkish Gold. I gave up weed and all the other fun stuff almost 6 yrs ago.
And guys who are trying to pick up goth chicks :wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Mandy wrote:I thought only goth chicks smoked cloves :P

God...a smoker AND an unrepentant predator of beef animals. :shock:

I'm secretly a goth chick trapped in the body of a man who thinks he's a sentient insect living on a fictional desert planet...you into a little saphic action? I know this really cool Mentat bar in Carthag...and the stains never come off. :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
A Thing of Eternity

Predator of beef animals??? :shock: Stay outa India...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Butchers 'em wit' 'er own han's, she does, aye! Right righteouse, she is! :twisted: )
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Mandy wrote:I'm not even trying to quit.
9 days out of 10, this is how I feel. The other 1 day, I realize how much my lung capacity sucks, or I just feel like I should quit for some reason.

Having lost my lighter, and being too lazy to go buy another, I guess I'm not smoking for a while.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I had an ex-girlfriend that smoked and I don't know how she managed it or what she did, but she never had the smoker's smell. She had a collection of stuff in her purse and she'd always head to the bathroom after having a cigarette. I don't know if she was just fooling me with cocaine covered lip stick or if she was spraying her hair with odor remover, but whatever she did it worked and she didn't smell like she bathed in perfume afterward either :)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:I had an ex-girlfriend that smoked and I don't know how she managed it or what she did, but she never had the smoker's smell. She had a collection of stuff in her purse and she'd always head to the bathroom after having a cigarette. I don't know if she was just fooling me with cocaine covered lip stick or if she was spraying her hair with odor remover, but whatever she did it worked and she didn't smell like she bathed in perfume afterward either :)
You were either dating a ghost or loved her ass too much to care.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

It was the cocaine covered lipstick.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

I think I'm the first to say this on this thread: Never smoked and never will (although I did try rolling up A4 paper and burning one end and sucking up smoke on the other once. This was a stupid experiment). Simply because it is bad for my health and especially the health of others. Remember: 60% of smokers get lung cancer.

I'm all for the anti-smoking laws.

I see smoking as a weakness.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Nebiros wrote:I see smoking as a weakness.
You would.

I mean, it's enjoyable, isn't it?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: SMOKING THREAD!

Post by SandChigger »

SandChigger wrote:So...who else smokes or used to and quit?
Nebby, you don't fit into either of those two groups, so your opinion was neither requested nor required. Why don't you go start another one of your threads on the lamentable moral turpitude of...well, basically everyone who's not you, or something equally fascinating? :roll:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Oh I am TOTALLY going to die from smoking. I loves it so! :twisted:

I smoke when I wake, smoke before I smoke, smoke after I smoke.

Oh and I will smoke any type of leaf I can find, I've dabbled with everything from Marlboro to the weirdest Asian blends you can only aquire from tiny specialty shops. I enjoy the motions and the social nature of smoking.

On the down side I sort of got into smoking young, so I was addicted long before I realized what a life changing decision I'd made.
orald

Post by orald »

Simon wrote:I enjoy the motions and the social nature of smoking.
:roll:

Neb's right, smoking is a weakness, you damn filthy meat-bags! :evil:

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Glad to see the nuts around here are gravitating on their own to the appropriate corners. :roll:

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

Shut up, meat bag! Now go back to work on those pyramid rip-offs, and no hidden rocket launchers this time! :evil:

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Been away for a bit, but thought that I'd throw in my own story.

I started smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes a week in bars with friends after devising the worlds greatest pick-up technique.

I sketch a little picture of something stupid like a guy missing his bus, then walk up to women and ask them if I could trade it for a cigarette. Without fail, they come up to me a few minutes later with a phone number. The real trick became getting the picture back after a few dates to use it again. Haven't done it for a few years now because I married the last one. :twisted:

I've always found smoking to be a disgusting habit but at the age of about 30 I just kind of picked it up while golfing with friends on weekends, one thing led to another and I now smoke about a pack every week and a half. I planned to quit a few weeks ago and didn't. I am running a half-marathon in two weeks and I think I'll start training tomorrow. :wink:
Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

Cigars and my pipe.

Pipe is my favorite, but with the health risks I don't do it so much. Not as much of a risk in smoking cigars- I have one a day, after dinner. Smoke my pipe on Sundays.

What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.
-Julius Caesar

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/451/451.html
http://omacl.org/
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Phaedrus wrote:
Mandy wrote:I'm not even trying to quit.
9 days out of 10, this is how I feel. The other 1 day, I realize how much my lung capacity sucks, or I just feel like I should quit for some reason.

Having lost my lighter, and being too lazy to go buy another, I guess I'm not smoking for a while.
Dude.. use the toaster or the stove. There are many sources of fire in the home!

Chig, I'll see you in Carthag :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hey, it's a date. :D

(You're not bringing the small noisy one with the big teeth, are you? :P )