McCain predicts Iraq "war" won by 2013 (??!)

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

HoosierDaddy

McCain predicts Iraq "war" won by 2013 (??!)

Post by HoosierDaddy »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/15/ ... index.html
# Story Highlights
# Sen. McCain says Iraq war will be "won," most of U.S. troops will return home
# Osama bin Laden will be killed or captured by end of first term, McCain expects
# Republican anticipates America will enjoy several years of economic growth
# The U.S. will be well on its way to independence from foreign oil, McCain predicts
I have been a republican type most of my life, but between Bush (arguably the worst president since Nixon) and McCain (I think he is certifiably insane), I'm hoping for Obama in November. If Hillery gets the nomination, I need to seriously consider moving to another country.

1. IT'S NOT A WAR IN IRAQ ANYMORE: IT'S AN OCCUPATION!
2. McCain is going to find Bin Laden! We should have put him on that operation years ago.
3. The US needs to find independence from foreign AND DOMESTIC oil. Unfortunately much of his campaign money probably comes from US oil companies.

:puke:

:endsrant
Fantômas

Re: McCain predicts Iraq "war" won by 2013 (??!)

Post by Fantômas »

HoosierDaddy wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/15/ ... index.html

I have been a republican type most of my life, but between Bush (arguably the worst president since Nixon) and McCain (I think he is certifiably insane), I'm hoping for Obama in November. If Hillery gets the nomination, I need to seriously consider moving to another country.

1. IT'S NOT A WAR IN IRAQ ANYMORE: IT'S AN OCCUPATION!
2. McCain is going to find Bin Laden! We should have put him on that operation years ago.
3. The US needs to find independence from foreign AND DOMESTIC oil. Unfortunately much of his campaign money probably comes from US oil companies.

:puke:

:endsrant
Why afraid of Clinton? :shock:
orald

Re: McCain predicts Iraq "war" won by 2013 (??!)

Post by orald »

fantomas wrote:Why afraid of Clinton? :shock:
Yea, why are you afraid of Clitnon?
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

have u ever seen an up close interview...try to find one...the way she bugs her eyes ten feet out of her head when she talks would scare freddy krueger..just watch her..when she gets excited or starts to really emphasize something...those things shoot out...she does it at least once a minute
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I haven't seen any clips yesterday, but a colleague said yesterday that Edwards' speech endorsing Obama was pretty impressive.

I'd kinda like to see Edwards in the VP slot. That might be a winning ticket.

Get the old farts outa there already.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I saw a video clip today where Obama said he's campaigned in 57 states and hopes to make it to a few more.

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

But I bet he can name (and spell the names of) more of them than the jerk currently in office. ;)

"Ah'm gonna give up gawlf in memoriamumlum of all the Mercan peopul have give up in my Second Gawlf War." :roll:
orald

Post by orald »

Yea, that was dumb, are his advisors trying to screw him up worse? Golf?! :?

Clitnon just has very...outstanding eyes. :P

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:Yea, that was dumb, are his advisors trying to screw him up worse? Golf?! :?

Clitnon just has very...outstanding eyes. :P
What do you mean screw him up worse?

He's a lame duck, what he does now doesn't really matter. He'll start handing out pardons to criminals soon.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:I haven't seen any clips yesterday, but a colleague said yesterday that Edwards' speech endorsing Obama was pretty impressive.

I'd kinda like to see Edwards in the VP slot. That might be a winning ticket.

Get the old farts outa there already.
I was just thinking about that yesterday, and Im not sure it would be a good idea. That's two people with strong southern draws, one of whom cant take his own state. Not that Id be idealogically opposed to it, I just think that there may be better candidates out there for the VP slot. As a matter of fact, may I say that this next choice of VP has got to be more important and potentially meaningful than Bush's choice of Cheney, which was probably the most important one to date.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

Freakzilla wrote: He's a lame duck, what he does now doesn't really matter. He'll start handing out pardons to criminals soon.
Ah, you remembered Bill and Hillary's farewell gift at the end of their last term.

Bill Clinton was actually in my home town just before the state primary, and my wife and daughter went to listen to him speak. I told my wife if someone offered to bring him over to my house, I would have politely refused.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Freakzilla wrote:I saw a video clip today where Obama said he's campaigned in 57 states and hopes to make it to a few more.

:lol:
But I bet he can name (and spell the names of) more of them than the jerk currently in office. :wink:

"Ah'm gonna give up gawlf in memoriamumlum of all the Mercan peopul have give up in my Second Gawlf War." :roll:
(Why doesn't this forum have a multi-quote function?)

Messing up a number in a speech isn't that bad in comparison to some things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0QPswkICg
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

OFF TOPIC

Post by SandChigger »

Phaedrus wrote:(Why doesn't this forum have a multi-quote function?)
:?:

I just right-click Quote to open in a new window, copy the text and then hit Quote again off the second post and paste the text from the first in. (Throwing away the first window, of course.)

(What's a forum that has multiple quoting? I'd like to see that.)
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Obama already has my vote, and a little of my cash. Edwards on the ticket would would get me to sign some hefty checks.....love that guy! And his wife is brilliant.
Irulan Corrino

Post by Irulan Corrino »

(What's a forum that has multiple quoting? I'd like to see that.)
IPB has it, not sure about vBulletin. :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Irulan Corrino wrote:IPB has it, not sure about vBulletin. :)
Ah, IPB. The ole ArridQueen's favorite board.
orald

Post by orald »

Crysknife wrote:Obama already has my vote, and a little of my cash.
You know, my wa...security fund could do with some contributions as well, it's very costly getting to be God Emperor of Earth. :wink:

Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

Tyrant wrote:have u ever seen an up close interview...try to find one...the way she bugs her eyes ten feet out of her head when she talks would scare freddy krueger..just watch her..when she gets excited or starts to really emphasize something...those things shoot out...she does it at least once a minute
:laughing:

Besides the eyes, why are you scared of Clitnon.

She's old establishment, so are the people backing Barak.

I, along with my wife, were hoping that Clinton would try to fix the medical insurance issues. :tissue2:
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

fantomas wrote: Besides the eyes, why are you scared of Clitnon.

She's old establishment, so are the people backing Barak.

I, along with my wife, were hoping that Clinton would try to fix the medical insurance issues. :tissue2:
She (and Bill) had 8 years to implement some kind of socialized medicine. I doubt another 4 years will do the trick. I did hear that if she is elected president, she will allow Bill to start dating again.

:hidethecigars
orald

Post by orald »

Familier witht the proverb(if that's the word for it) "there's no fury in hell to match a woman scorned" or something similar?
Risking sounding sexist and all, there's also no hunger like a woman's for power in a patriarchial(sp?) society.

Besides, who the hell is she? Wasn't she some blond+legs stewardess or something when Bill "Cigar" Clitnon found her? She's been his bitch all this time, doing nothing and ignoring his repeated cheats in order to stay rich and in high society, like a common whore. The woman is clearly hungry for power and status.

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

lol.. I hate to defend her because I'm not a fan, but she met Bill while she was attending Yale Law School. I don't know where you got that idea Orald.

She's no more hungry for power than any other politician in the world, male or female. She is wealthy in her own right, she didn't have to stay married to stay in high society... Like a common whore? That doesn't even make sense.

Oh.. and she already has power and status :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Don't bother him with facts and details! :roll:

:P
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

fantomas wrote:
Tyrant wrote:have u ever seen an up close interview...try to find one...the way she bugs her eyes ten feet out of her head when she talks would scare freddy krueger..just watch her..when she gets excited or starts to really emphasize something...those things shoot out...she does it at least once a minute

lol....try to fix medical insurance issues?..thats a laugh ...any thing short of a civil war will not do that... theres too much money in insurance and medicine these days ... why do you think weed is illegal...cause they want you to pay for their overpriced pills .... its a nice thought...but she could be in office 30 years and medical insurance isnt getting fixed
orald

Post by orald »

I've probably mixed her up some other wannabe bitch. You mortals all look the same to me. :oops:
Mandy wrote:She's no more hungry for power than any other politician in the world, male or female.
Oh, I do beg to differ, she's one bitch hell-bent on getting more and more.
Mandy wrote:Oh.. and she already has power and status :roll:
Appearantly it's not enough!
Mandy wrote:Like a common whore? That doesn't even make sense.
Refering to the phenomanon(sp?) of pretty bodies attached to powerful elderly men for their money. Or is this not whoring oneself?
But yes, I admit I was confusing her for someone else, dunno who. :oops:

I hope if she becomes president(not in this round, baby, hehe :lol: ) she pulls an "Oslo 2" on us and gives the Arabs Haifa too. :roll:

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

fantomas wrote:

Besides the eyes, why are you scared of Clitnon.
umm..shes insane?