Diablo 2

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

orald

Post by orald »

No, Big D is my bowazon's problem, soon enough. It's Big M and his white balls that I'm concerned of with my barbi.

I wonder if those knights are supposed to be a rendition of the steel/etc knights in ol' Diablo. Those were so fun and easy to kill. :D

Oh, and I love my barbi's Find Item skill, even with 1 point invested.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Shadout

Post by Shadout »

Barb should be able to survive in melee, both against Meph and Diablo (very good idea to find lots of fire and electric resist gear/gems for Diablo though, so you dont get killed instantly :D)

About bowazon and Iron maiden curse, im not sure if Guided arrow is physical dmg or not?
Only real solution for most classes is stacking life steal (which is true for all classes, best stat by far) or just not attacking when you have that curse (not a very viable solution ^^).
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

I don't know how this works out for a Barbie, but with some classes it's good to have an alternate or "plan b" setup on the switch, maybe something with high resists or a high life leach weapon.

What levels are your charcters now? Care to give us a listing?

EDIT: I am highly tempted to reinstall this game. maybe we could do a LAN game? Does your install allow that? (I know you mentioned different language stuff)
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

lol..alot of stuff sounds like WoW...but i guess that makes sense..since they are both made by blizzard
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Shadout

Post by Shadout »

Ye, Warriors are even rumored to get the barbarian Leap skill in the next WoW expansion :D
orald

Post by orald »

Barb is 26, using Frenzy as main attack for both weapon sets, Leap attack or Find Item as right click attack. Main weapons are a nice war axe(15-32 dmg I believe) and Griswold's Edge sword(geez it got an upgrade since the first Diablo :shock: ) and with its elemental dmg is 26-45(about 2/3 of that pure physical).
Secondary weapons are 2 balanced axes, 17-27 and 17-25 with no additional stats. Of course I use Double Throw on that set as right click.

Got a few charms for lightning(about 1-12 or something in total, not much) and a 50 poison over 4 sec one.
Damage shown on my char' window is about 120-150/70 for my melee set(but I don't consider the poison much, so I deduct 50 when I really want to know my damage), and about 30 less in average for the B' axes in melee, and a bit higher when thrown.

Got about 350-60 HP with my charms and gear(about 300 natural I think), and 500+ when using my level 1 Battle Command(?).
Def' is +300.

Got some ressistances, about 20-30 for all, but light' maybe 0-10, can't remember(need to fix that, I hate light' damage). Some mana leech(no life, but I have gloves with lower attributes that give 3% leech to each), about 6% total.

The bowazon(or the sorc', but that one's OK for now,still far from bosses) I don't remember right now, but I know I'll try to upgrade her.

orald

Post by orald »

Lol, a month and I've barely made any progress...that's what a damn job does to you. :cry:
Also been making new char's, abandoning them etc.

Recently I got the "players 8" thing to work, and been leveling some of the char's a bit.
The sorc' is now 30, just defeated Diablo by spamming frozen orb( :D ), was kinda easy really, good fire&lightning ressistences helped too, but I still mostly ran in circles after he killed my poor spear-merc'(didn't use my level 1 static because then I'd be close and getting a pounding).

I love it that my merc is level 28 now. I bet when I get high enough with my paladin the bow merc' will rock too.

Going to try the Barb'(28 ) next in a few days I guess.

Should I try and spam whirlwind(?) when I get it? IDK how it'll work seeing that Big D likes running around alot.

Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

orald wrote:Lol, a month and I've barely made any progress...that's what a damn job does to you. :cry:
The sorc' is now 30, just defeated Diablo by spamming frozen orb( :D ), was kinda easy really, good fire&lightning ressistences helped too, but I still mostly ran in circles after he killed my poor spear-merc'(didn't use my level 1 static because then I'd be close and getting a pounding).
Stupid responsibility.

I told you the sorc formula was top notch.
orald

Post by orald »

I'll be leveling the Barb', new-Bowazon and Paladin now that I've finished with Diablo.

My thoughts on the Bow' are to get very high critical shot thingy(y'know what I mean, can't remember the name), got me 5 multi, puting one to cold arrow skill-line until level 30, and not using any of the lame fire skills.
I still wonder if getting guided arrow up is worth it- it was really useless last time I tried.

Now that I have level 30 on the sorc', should I use my imbue from Charcy? On an armor piece? I've got a nice socketed(like +69 life and waiting for another perfect ruby soon) breastplate...I wouldn't want to abandon it for whatever dubious benefits I might get.

Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

I would imbue something that is socketed but dont put a gem in it until it is a perfect. You could probably wait unless you are in dire need of something.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

I belive there's a cube recipe that removes items from the socket, so if Orald
absolutely HAD to socket it with something less than optimal, it wouldn't
necessarily be a lost cause.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
orald

Post by orald »

Yea, it's "pricey" though, and I still need to complete some 5th Act quest for it I think.

Also, I don't think you can imbue a socketed item...it quite clearly says you can't, or I'd have done that. No socketed, ethereal(?) and something else I think.

sparafucile

Post by sparafucile »

Diablo 3 announced today :D www.blizzard.com
orald

Post by orald »

Ah, those motherfuckers...now I'll definately have to get a new computer. :o

Oh, and...

ZOMGDIABLO3?!!?! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D

Oh, and I can't even watch their cinematic trailer without it halting, and the sound is choppy. Had to resort to YouTube to make sense of it.
Is that woman supposed to be the Amazon from D2? :D
She was blond there though.

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

World of Warcraft told me about Diablo 3 today.

I was confused. I've never played any Diablo games, but I do play me some WoW.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Phaedrus wrote:World of Warcraft told me about Diablo 3 today.

Basically they're they same shite, mob bashing grinds.
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

Holy shit!!

That is the most exciting gaming news I have heard in a long time. WoW sucks Diablo is where it's at.

Did anyone hear a release date?
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

inhuien wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:World of Warcraft told me about Diablo 3 today.

Basically they're they same shite, mob bashing grinds.
(It's actually because they're both made by Blizzard, but that's not really the point...)

Actually, the real content in WoW has little to do with grinding. You just have to grind to get to the real content.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

OK Phaedrus.
orald

Post by orald »

inhuien wrote:Basically they're they same shite, mob bashing grinds.
There's naught wrong with mob-grinds, lad!

I've had more mob-grinds than you've had roleplaying!

Bastards got the coal mining sketch off YouTube. :x

trang

Post by trang »

I havent played D2 in long time, so fired it up again on main computer, graphics are terrible as remember but still fun. Level10 Barb, duel weilding, in the catacombs level 1 chasing after some evil doer, female type who is doing delaying action so possesed Hero can keep running amok.

I went to Blizzards site yesterday and hit the D3 faq, it said no release date as of yet, didnt even have system requirements. Looked at Starcraft 2 stuff also, didnt have release date.

If anything nice to know they are working on it.
Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

That's Blizzard for you. They announced Starcraft II about a year ago, and Wrath of the Lich King a little under a year ago. Neither have definite release dates, but I imagine WotLK will be out later this year or first quarter next year, and SCII is probably a year after that.

Expect Diablo III a year after SCII. Roughly. Though, honestly, you never know with Blizzard.
trang

Post by trang »

oh my apologie's I forgot the apostrophe:

I went to Blizzard's web site today.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

orald wrote:
inhuien wrote:Basically they're they same shite, mob bashing grinds.
There's naught wrong with mob-grinds, lad!

I've had more mob-grinds than you've had roleplaying!

Bastards got the coal mining sketch off YouTube. :x
Oh for the Love of Leto.

Aye I ken there's not nothing wrong with a good grind boyo. :P
orald

Post by orald »

trang wrote:oh my apologie's I forgot the apostrophe:

I went to Blizzard's web site today.
No, I think Phaedrus just meant to point out Blizzard's typical business plan of working on something for years upon years after announcing it.