Worm's Sci-Fi Haven

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(That one's going to get a lot of hate letters from the audience, wait and see.)
Mahnmut

Post by Mahnmut »

SandChigger wrote:(That one's going to get a lot of hate letters from the audience, wait and see.)
Before I decide whether I should be offended. Someone is going to have to explain that one to me, in some other form of communication than geek speak. I'm just an old SF fan, and am and not up on the latest subtle digs.
"Selcouth"
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Mahnmut wrote:
SandChigger wrote:(That one's going to get a lot of hate letters from the audience, wait and see.)
Before I decide whether I should be offended. Someone is going to have to explain that one to me, in some other form of communication than geek speak. I'm just an old SF fan, and am and not up on the latest subtle digs.
:lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I was just commenting on inhuien's comment. I hadn't actually clicked the link. But now that I have, that's hilarious.

Sorry, Mahnmut. Don't be offended. But you need to add an extension to the file: .htm or .html

;)
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Is that on the portal page? lol.. I should know that, but I rarely look on that page.

Aha.. OK that's the same problem we've been having since Worm put up the home page. I don't know how to fix it, but I seem to recall it might have something to do with Firefox (I could be wrong). Anyway, the reviews written by our members are here http://www.wormsscifi.com/haven/viewforum.php?f=66
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Seriously (as in, trust me), all that has to be done is add .htm or .html to the filenames.

Without either of those extensions, browsers interpret them as txt files (which is what they all are, after all) and simply display the file contents. (Try this: download one onto your harddisk and add the extension and reopen the file in your browser. The images linked to on the server won't display (unless you download them all, too), but the CSS style works and all the HTML code disappears.)

Tell whoever uploaded the files to log in and rename them. :)
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I'll tell Worm, I don't mess with the home page.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Mahnmut

Post by Mahnmut »

Yeah, after I checked it out a little more, I see that its the portal page Spotlight Reviews. No biggie.

I wasn't meaning to single you out Chig. You were just the one who posted the message about angry letters from the audience, so I used that as a stepping stone. :)
"Selcouth"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No harm, no fowl.

:D