Canadian PSAs, kinda freaky

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

GamePlayer
70mm God

Canadian PSAs, kinda freaky

Post by GamePlayer »

These are a little old, but worth seeing. These Public Service Announcements from the Ontario workers safety group are certainly unusual and will no doubt raise a few eyebrows.

Chef PSA...with a twist of shock

They've got a bunch at the official Ontario WSIB website:

Prevent It.ca

Quite the campaign.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Yeah...we are soooo good at scaring people into safety... :twisted:
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

Does this have anything to do about the Stanley Cup playoff?
orald

Re: Canadian PSAs, kinda freaky

Post by orald »

bryanvdk wrote:i'll admit tho, the scream by that chef curdles my blood every time
Does it say something about me that I giggled at that? :oops:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
inhuien

Re: Canadian PSAs, kinda freaky

Post by inhuien »

orald wrote:
bryanvdk wrote:i'll admit tho, the scream by that chef curdles my blood every time
Does it say something about me that I giggled at that? :oops:
Yes that your reaction is that of a girl :P :) but they do get the point across. That being watch where your going when carring a gallon of hot oil!
orald

Post by orald »

It was a maniacal/diabolic giggle. :evil:

orald

Post by orald »

Speaking of accidents, I just returned from walking the dog, and I fell, again *sigh*, in this pit where some metal thieves stole the iron lid.
It's not ready yet(might be for electric cables), so it's just half a meter, but it's got an iron rim and some metal protrusion in the middle which almost twisted my leg last time.

This is the second time in about a week I fell there, dammit.
I'm gonna fill it up with stones once I can walk better.

This time only scraped both my knees and left palm, but almost broke my right toe's nail, and it's sending painful messages every now and then.

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Rakis wrote:Yeah...we are soooo good at scaring people into safety... :twisted:
You have to admit, good or bad, it's an attention grabbing PSA. I mean, ordinarily, most people would just zone out when they watch the commercial. But this one really grabs ya. And of course, scares the hell out of you :)
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

GamePlayer wrote:
Rakis wrote:Yeah...we are soooo good at scaring people into safety... :twisted:
You have to admit, good or bad, it's an attention grabbing PSA. I mean, ordinarily, most people would just zone out when they watch the commercial. But this one really grabs ya. And of course, scares the hell out of you :)
I agree that it works...from now on, i leave the cooking to my girlfriend, no way i'm putting another foot in the kitchen again... :P
orald

Post by orald »

Only just now watched all four of them, and the chef one is my favorite, because of her shrieks when it spills on her. :lol:
Also, I find it annoying when they get up after the accident and explain it, it ruins the whole suspension of disbelief- making them explain before it happens(chef, building worker) is much more effective(read: entertaining).

The one with the ladder and light reminds me of my work in the army storerooms, where I had to take out kit-bags(?) from very big shelves obviously designed for big crates and forklifts to pick them up(like the guy that has the metal rods fall on him).
Some times they were also soaking wet because of roof leaks, so they weighed alot, almost like me, while I was standing on a ricketty ladder(you'd think they could fix their ladders or buy new ones with all the money they spend on stupid pens etc, wankers).

I'm still surprised I didn't get to blow up delivering fuel to bases though. :roll:

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman