Tooth Fairy

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Crysknife

Tooth Fairy

Post by Crysknife »

Damn, I have to do the tooth fairy thing tonight for my 6 year old. She lost her second tooth. I always think she's going to wake up. I just want her to have a magical childhood, but she's already a skeptical little thing and smart as hell....her IQ has to be higher than mine. She suspects it's me putting money under her pillow, but I can eventually get her to believe me that the tooth fairy is real. She's already said that Santa probably isn't real no matter what I say or do.

It is rather fun that I get to do these things like my parents did. Well, I hope this goes well. She has a little pillow with a pocket that she tucks her tooth into and then puts that under her big pillow. Problem is, she sticks it right under her head just so she can catch the tooth fairy(or me) in the act. This isn’t going to be easy. I told her she only comes when she knows the child is asleep. :)
Last edited by Crysknife on 10 Apr 2008 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Use the force, young Jedi.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

The key is to do when they're out cold...so if you get caught doing it you can play it off like your re-tucking them in...and since they're mostly asleep odds are they wont even remember in the morning...im a professional tooth fairy
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:D

Youse guys.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

What's with your culture and making up fairies and cookie-eating red elf-molesters? :roll:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:What's with your culture and making up fairies and cookie-eating red elf-molesters? :roll:
In Cuba children do not get Christmas presents on the 25th of December.
Cuban children get their Christmas presents, which are left under the Christmas tree, on the 6th of January. We have to wait for the magi or
(Los Reyes Magos). Supposedly the 6th is the day the Magi presented the "gifts" to the baby Jesus.

I believe in these guys until I was like 10 years old. :oops:

I am happy to see parents that perpetuate a fantasy for their kids to believe in. The innocence of kids is a wonderful thing.

Of course, Cuba in the now is a Marxist/Lennist state and Atheism is fundamental. 49 years of this crap man, Oh how I longed for my birth place (eyes watering).
Last edited by Fantômas on 10 Apr 2008 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Tell her that if she doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy she'll go to hell.

:P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:Tell her that if she doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy she'll go to hell.
And die! She'll go to hell and she'll die! :twisted:

*I love you Mr Gerrison*

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

My parents let us figure things out as we did. I can't remember when my sister and I figured out Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy weren't real, but I remember it was when we were very young. It's actually a time to celebrate. When I realized it was my parents all along, it made me even more emotionally attached to them. It wasn't because of the presents, it was because I realized how much they cared even at that young an age. It's probably the first time a child realizes how much their parents love them.

Course, I remember the odd kid who still believed in the imaginaries well past the age when they should have. Naturally, their bubbles were broken by school mates and it became quite an ordeal. So I think your girl figuring it all out now is a healthy age to discover it :)
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

GamePlayer, Yeah she'll figure it out soon. But it'll be hard because I keep leaving muddy footprints of the easter bunny by the front door with thier easter baskets. :twisted:

I would, but she doesn't believe in hell.....Thank God!(or her daddy)

I am happy to report that everything went well.....it just took me an hour. :? I think daddy is going to get a card from the Tooth Fairy saying that from now on the little pillow has to be left on the night stand!!!!!
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

GamePlayer wrote:My parents let us figure things out as we did. It's probably the first time a child realizes how much their parents love them.

Course, I remember the odd kid who still believed in the imaginaries well past the age when they should have. Naturally, their bubbles were broken by school mates and it became quite an ordeal.
I always been kind of "odd".

I turned out just fine. :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

^^^ Still believes in "Big Sky Daddy".

(snicker)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

SandChigger wrote:^^^ Still believes in "Big Sky Daddy".

(snicker)
Yes, yes, Yes, I do. :)
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Crysknife wrote:GamePlayer, Yeah she'll figure it out soon. But it'll be hard because I keep leaving muddy footprints of the easter bunny by the front door with thier easter baskets. :twisted:

I am happy to report that everything went well.....it just took me an hour. :? I think daddy is going to get a card from the Tooth Fairy saying that from now on the little pillow has to be left on the night stand!!!!!
Hehe, I love that kind of daddy stuff. My daugher has a little tooth box that she puts the tooth in. I love that thing because its a reall pain in the ass digging around under the pillow trying to find a tiny little tooth. But that little box is easy to snag :wink:

Glad it all went well Crys! My 6 year old is about to lose her third, so I'll be doing the same any day now!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Crysknife wrote:GamePlayer, Yeah she'll figure it out soon. But it'll be hard because I keep leaving muddy footprints of the easter bunny by the front door with thier easter baskets. :twisted:

Hehe, I love that kind of daddy stuff. My daugher has a little tooth box that she puts the tooth in. I love that thing because its a reall pain in the ass digging around under the pillow trying to find a tiny little tooth. But that little box is easy to snag :wink:

Glad it all went well Crys! My 6 year old is about to lose her third, so I'll be doing the same any day now!
OK, so my boy is due to start this soon. How much money do you other dads leave the kids under their pillows? And what is a good amount for allowance, and how much should it be?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

We've got the pillowcase with the pocket in it too.

My wife handles the allowances (along with the rest of my money).

:cry:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

I think you have to start small. I did the golden dollar coin the first time which was cool because it's something the kids don't usually see and they think it's special. I go up a little from each tooth. I gave three this time. I tell my daughter it's like a lottery; the more kids that lose teeth, the less the TF has to give. That way I can change it up if in a pinch. Of course, she hopes that no kid lost any teeth that day. :)
orald

Post by orald »

Of course, she'll end up systematically eliminating every kid in the block so they won't be losing any teeth. Way to go, Crys. :shock:
Omphalos wrote:How much money do you other dads leave the kids under their pillows? And what is a good amount for allowance, and how much should it be?

Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Omphalos wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:

OK, so my boy is due to start this soon. How much money do you other dads leave the kids under their pillows? And what is a good amount for allowance, and how much should it be?
Well I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old, and neither one really gets an allowance yet. I will "pay as you go" with the 6 year old. She likes to clean out my car and I'll give her 4 or 5 bucks each time.

For teeth, I've been doing the one dollar per tooth thing. At first I did four quarters so there was more shiney money, but the last time my daughter said she hoped the tooth fairy gave her a dollar bill, cuz keeping track of the quarters was a hassle :D So its been a crisp dollar per tooth thus far in my household.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

We got my (almost) 4-year-old a toy cash register last Christmass, he puts anything that even remotely looks like money in it.

That's my retirement plan. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Next thing she'll say it's a hassle to keep the bills from flying in the wind, so she wants payment in gold bars. :roll:

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

when i was a kid i got 1 dollar per tooth...at one point i ended up getting 3 teeth capped in silver (no im not black) ...when i lost those i got 2 bucks per tooth
(moral of the story is have fucked up teeth so u can get them capped and make more cash) ...

anyway i figure with inflation and the fact i pride myself on being a cool dad..i give 5 bucks a tooth
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Tyrant wrote:anyway i figure with inflation and the fact i pride myself on being a cool dad..i give 5 bucks a tooth
:shock:

$5 a tooth? Shit. I used to get a dime, then it went up to a quarter when my dad realized what a cheap-ass he was being. I think Ill go with a silver dollar.
~Pink Snowman
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

I've always felt like, if I ever have kids, I'm not going to lie to them about tooth fairies and magical beings that invade the house on certain holidays. Maybe it's just me, but I always found it hard enough to believe that stuff, and when I realized that it just wasn't true, I was disappointed in my parents for maintaining a ridiculous illusion for apparently no reason.

Of course, my mom still likes to claim that "santa" brings all the presents, just for fun. Man, my family is fucked up...
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Phaedrus wrote:I've always felt like, if I ever have kids, I'm not going to lie to them about tooth fairies and magical beings that invade the house on certain holidays. Maybe it's just me, but I always found it hard enough to believe that stuff, and when I realized that it just wasn't true, I was disappointed in my parents for maintaining a ridiculous illusion for apparently no reason.

Of course, my mom still likes to claim that "santa" brings all the presents, just for fun. Man, my family is fucked up...
not judging you or anything..but everytime someone i know says they dont lie to their kids about the holidays, it makes me sad .... when i was a kid that stuff was so fun ... i remember the pre-xmas hope that santa would show up ... and their is no better feeling for a kid than when they wake up easter, xmas than to get up and run to see if "they" came ... my oldest kid is now 11 .. we can tell she no longer believes in santa, tooth fairy, easter bunny, ect. ...but u know what...she has never told us she doesnt believe..and she completely plays along.. but we know she knows its not true... but she still has fun with it..and she makes it a point not to ruin it for the other kids...rethink it man... kids are a beautiful thing.. and nothing is better than making them happy and letting them have fun