Tooth Fairy

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Got to agree with Tyrant on this. My childhood was better because of things like the tooth fairy and the easter bunny. I swear I saw that damn rabbit......even to this day that memory seems so real. Life is magical when you're a kid and parents should let them keep that for as long a possible, because the real world is a big let down sometimes.

Plus, I feel it helps to shape critical thinking as they get older. It makes them question other things they've been told....at least that's how it was for me. I know my kids will be the same.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Don't worry guys. He doesn't know how kids transform adults yet. He may have had cousins and younger siblings, but he doesn't really get it yet. He will. :D

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

Crysknife wrote:Plus, I feel it helps to shape critical thinking as they get older. It makes them question other things they've been told....at least that's how it was for me.
Oh yes, once you realize Santa isn't there the major paranoia kicks in.
Trust no one! :shock:
Tyrant wrote:kids are a beautiful thing.. and nothing is better than making them happy and letting them have fun
Eating them.

Oops, wrong place to say it. >_>

And I never got anything for my fallen teeth. They have fallen in vain! :cry:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I have an unhealthy obsession with my happy childhood. I can definitely see myself turning lame once I have kids, like many of my other friends :) I just worry that I'd produced spoiled rotten kids that are useless as adults. But not too much. I have to worry first about keeping a woman for more than a few months :)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:I have an unhealthy obsession with my happy childhood. I can definitely see myself turning lame once I have kids, like many of my other friends :) I just worry that I'd produced spoiled rotten kids that are useless as adults. But not too much. I have to worry first about keeping a woman for more than a few months :)
I just hope to keep my kids alive until they're 18.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

GamePlayer wrote:I have an unhealthy obsession with my happy childhood. I can definitely see myself turning lame once I have kids, like many of my other friends :) I just worry that I'd produced spoiled rotten kids that are useless as adults. But not too much. I have to worry first about keeping a woman for more than a few months :)
Don't worry...It is mandatory for any parent to mess with the life of their kids... :P
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Tyrant wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:I've always felt like, if I ever have kids, I'm not going to lie to them about tooth fairies and magical beings that invade the house on certain holidays. Maybe it's just me, but I always found it hard enough to believe that stuff, and when I realized that it just wasn't true, I was disappointed in my parents for maintaining a ridiculous illusion for apparently no reason.

Of course, my mom still likes to claim that "santa" brings all the presents, just for fun. Man, my family is fucked up...
not judging you or anything..but everytime someone i know says they dont lie to their kids about the holidays, it makes me sad .... when i was a kid that stuff was so fun ... i remember the pre-xmas hope that santa would show up ... and their is no better feeling for a kid than when they wake up easter, xmas than to get up and run to see if "they" came ... my oldest kid is now 11 .. we can tell she no longer believes in santa, tooth fairy, easter bunny, ect. ...but u know what...she has never told us she doesnt believe..and she completely plays along.. but we know she knows its not true... but she still has fun with it..and she makes it a point not to ruin it for the other kids...rethink it man... kids are a beautiful thing.. and nothing is better than making them happy and letting them have fun
+1
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Rakis wrote:
Tyrant wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:I've always felt like, if I ever have kids, I'm not going to lie to them about tooth fairies and magical beings that invade the house on certain holidays. Maybe it's just me, but I always found it hard enough to believe that stuff, and when I realized that it just wasn't true, I was disappointed in my parents for maintaining a ridiculous illusion for apparently no reason.

Of course, my mom still likes to claim that "santa" brings all the presents, just for fun. Man, my family is fucked up...
not judging you or anything..but everytime someone i know says they dont lie to their kids about the holidays, it makes me sad .... when i was a kid that stuff was so fun ... i remember the pre-xmas hope that santa would show up ... and their is no better feeling for a kid than when they wake up easter, xmas than to get up and run to see if "they" came ... my oldest kid is now 11 .. we can tell she no longer believes in santa, tooth fairy, easter bunny, ect. ...but u know what...she has never told us she doesnt believe..and she completely plays along.. but we know she knows its not true... but she still has fun with it..and she makes it a point not to ruin it for the other kids...rethink it man... kids are a beautiful thing.. and nothing is better than making them happy and letting them have fun
+1
I have an 11-y-o that's the same way. Nothing is better than the laughter of your children... unless it at putting holes in the walls, breaking furniture or killing kittens.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Killing kittens?! :shock: For shame, Freak, wasting kittens for nothing ought to be a crime! You should BBQ them instead! :D

http://bbqcats.mine.nu/

*Just noticed there might be some, uh, adult ads on some of the pages :? *
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.