I was never really an anime fan. Sure I saw Speed Racer and Battle of the
Planets (loved that) but I never thought of it as anime. Then last summer a
guy at work let me borrow some movies for when my kids visited. I don't
remember the directors name, but the guy(s) that run Studio Gibli do some
amazing stuff. I'm sort of ambivalent on the technical aspects of the
graphics, but the detail and storytelling is superb. Spirited Away,
Naussica and Howl's Moving Castle are my favorites. And
Graveyard of the Fireflies is amazingly gut wrenching. I was very
surprised at the emotion depth of these movies.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

orald wrote:Only mechs I'd be rooting for would be some of the more realistic and military like Battletech ones. Those and Titans, Wolverines* and Jaugernaughts. GDI rulez. 8)

*Well, OK, more like battle armor.
In Battletech i use to run an Assault/Heavy Mercanary Regiment :D Lots of BattleMasters and Atlas. Orion's, etc.

Rob
orald

Post by orald »

My BT interest is sketchy at best. I only bumped into it in a C&C: Generals mod, and haven't persued it much since.
My ex though has several books with all those drawings and specs of the mechs.

I wouldn't know the difference between an Atlas and a Cataphract TBH(OK, these two I know, but you get the meaning). :?
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Macross Frontier begins

Post by Freakzilla »

It looks like GP's Macross site is down. :(

I wonder what happened to him. :?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No idea. I tried contacting him through the site but got no response. :(
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:It looks like GP's Macross site is down. :(

There's a site called Alexa that can list pages that link to a particular site. It's a bit shit, but... a guy from "Toronto, Ontario, Canada" who posts links to a dead site was active as of 2 days ago.

Beat that Tidwell.

50p says GP ain't dead, he just hates us :(
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Looks like they moved:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3-index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last update notice was February 24.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/updates/updates-index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

DuneFishUK wrote:

There's a site called Alexa that can list pages that link to a particular site. It's a bit shit, but... a guy from "Toronto, Ontario, Canada" who posts links to a dead site was active as of 2 days ago.

Beat that Tidwell.

Nah, he doesn't hate us. GP was just a little weird about internet sites. He thought that even if you hung out and socialized with people for years online, you still weren't really "friends," and could just disappear without any bad social karma following you around. Not hateful. Just misguided and unable to understand social mores. Plus, he was really, really touchy, and might have been put off by something somebody said to him. Who knows?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Omphalos wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:

Beat that Tidwell.

Nah, he doesn't hate us. GP was just a little weird about internet sites. He thought that even if you hung out and socialized with people for years online, you still weren't really "friends," and could just disappear without any bad social karma following you around. Not hateful. Just misguided and unable to understand social mores. Plus, he was really, really touchy, and might have been put off by something somebody said to him. Who knows?
well, I just decided to cut ties with a guy I knew for a while after he wrote me that he sits inside a wooden pyramid and drinks an argentinian miracle product to cure his neurological sickness, no thanks, I prefer orthodox medicine pal!

I think I'll watch the video of Ranka singing Seikan Hikou one more time :)
( geez, I read A.C. Clarke, F.Herbert,Asimov, JP Lovecraft and I like an anime J-idol...)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

cmsahe wrote:well, I just decided to cut ties with a guy I knew for a while after he wrote me that he sits inside a wooden pyramid and drinks an argentinian miracle product to cure his neurological sickness...
Wha....??? :?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um ... I'm failing to see the connection...

(I don't care if my friends live in PET bottle houses, believe in Santa Claus as their Galactic Redeemer and fuck yaks for fun & profit, just as long as they don't hassle me to join them in their lunacy & lifestyle. Was this guy hassling you, Carlos? If not, it seems kinda cold to drop a sick person.... :? )
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SandChigger wrote:Um ... I'm failing to see the connection...

(I don't care if my friends live in PET bottle houses, believe in Santa Claus as their Galactic Redeemer and fuck yaks for fun & profit, just as long as they don't hassle me to join them in their lunacy & lifestyle. Was this guy hassling you, Carlos? If not, it seems kinda cold to drop a sick person.... :? )

My mother has the same sickness than this young man and after knowing him we kept regular contact via email and he was always informings us of his latest miracle cure for Multiple Sclerosis, my father spent thousands of dollars on silly miracle treatments and on "witch" doctors because of him(jedi like treatments applying "the force" using the hands, etc) this past week this guy emailed me again telling me of his home built wooden pyramid and this argentinian miracle product PXP, the last time, it was a tea from Argentina too (every 1kg bag almost $500USD), I'm sure it was just dry leaves from someone's garden! I wont be telling my dad about this guy's emails anymore.

My mom has shots of Copaxone and it has kept the MS from advancing more (apparently because, MS has no cure and is progressive). She lost her ability to walk but she is fine.

I believe in Doctor Who ;) Image

----
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ah. Makes perfect sense now. All that was needed was a little more context. :)

(Sorry to hear about your mother.)
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SandChigger wrote:Ah. Makes perfect sense now. All that was needed was a little more context. :)

thanks SandChigger!

----
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

cmsahe wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Ah. Makes perfect sense now. All that was needed was a little more context. :)

thanks SandChigger!
The last thing you need in your circumstances Carlos is a misguided quack filling your mothers head full of nonsense. Good on you for protecting her from his influence, I hope your mother keeps as well as possible.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

me too, Carlos. My mom went through this wierd phase where she was all into magnetic pillows and reiki (or something) massage where somebody holds their hands over you and gives you their power. Nutty stuff.

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Omphalos wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:

Beat that Tidwell.

He was going off about everyone not "accepting the truth" that Jacurutu was essentially just an HLP hate site (in his mind). Not that he was against that, he just didn't think this place was actually about Dune. I get what he felt about websites, I certainly don't consider my fellow boardmates to be close friends, but some I do consider to be actual friends, and I would certainly try to either give an "I'm out, seeya" post or try to stop in once in a while. EDIT: Plus there are people here I'll potentially be talking to for decades, so I at least recognize the importance of that.

He had some weird reservations about people. Nice enough guy though, and I miss chatting about Iain M. Banks with him.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I certainly don't consider my fellow boardmates to be close friends, but some I do consider to be actual friends, and I would certainly try to either give an "I'm out, seeya" post or try to stop in once in a while. EDIT: Plus there are people here I'll potentially be talking to for decades, so I at least recognize the importance of that.
I'd have a drink with most of the people here, even though Omph ignores me every time I'm in the neighborhood.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I love you all... but only one at a time.

:romance-romance:
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Freakzilla wrote:I love you all... but only one at a time.

sure sure
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Eyes High wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I love you all... but only one at a time.

sure sure
You're next. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I certainly don't consider my fellow boardmates to be close friends, but some I do consider to be actual friends, and I would certainly try to either give an "I'm out, seeya" post or try to stop in once in a while. EDIT: Plus there are people here I'll potentially be talking to for decades, so I at least recognize the importance of that.
I'd have a drink with most of the people here, even though Omph ignores me every time I'm in the neighborhood.
I was pretty sure you had visited a few times since the last I knew of and not bothered calling. :oops:

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, good, I thought it was just me being snubbed. :snooty:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Nekhrun wrote:
I would too, though the one person in my city I've never contacted (they haven't posted much). Especially guys like Freak, for being the grandmaster of Dune, Chig, for being a linguist whome I admire (and will critique this sentence, at least in his own mind), You, for being a true scholar trying to use Dune to teach, and many others, especially Omph, whome I've had a few great PM discussions with and has done amazing work with SF analysis. He's really helped me expand how I look at SF as serious fiction and as a tool to forward the human experience, and to document the human experience.

If my novels ever get closer to completion there are many more people on these boards that I would entrust with helping me edit and dissect and analyse my works than there are people I know in real life (that's actually a pretty serious thing to say), and more than 5 that would certainly merit mention in the "thank yous" of the book, if not a true co-author credit. Hopefully in the next year or two I'll get some stuff up at T(A)U to be ripped apart by everyone.

Yes. I've had 1.5 bottles of wine. 1 nice Chillean Shiraz, and one really quite nice for the price bottle of Argentinian Malbec (I'm a Malbelc guy).

EDIT: Decided to leave that last typo as evidence of my drinking.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
I would too, though the one person in my city I've never contacted (they haven't posted much). Especially guys like Freak, for being the grandmaster of Dune, Chig, for being a linguist whome I admire (and will critique this sentence, at least in his own mind), You, for being a true scholar trying to use Dune to teach, and many others, especially Omph, whome I've had a few great PM discussions with and has done amazing work with SF analysis. He's really helped me expand how I look at SF as serious fiction and as a tool to forward the human experience, and to document the human experience.

If my novels ever get closer to completion there are many more people on these boards that I would entrust with helping me edit and dissect and analyse my works than there are people I know in real life (that's actually a pretty serious thing to say), and more than 5 that would certainly merit mention in the "thank yous" of the book, if not a true co-author credit. Hopefully in the next year or two I'll get some stuff up at T(A)U to be ripped apart by everyone.

Yes. I've had 1.5 bottles of wine. 1 nice Chillean Shiraz, and one really quite nice for the price bottle of Argentinian Malbec (I'm a Malbelc guy).

EDIT: Decided to leave that last typo as evidence of my drinking.
First: I agree fully on the merits of a Chillean Shiraz. The Chilean wines in general have, in my opinion, surpassed the French wines in quality for prices years ago. Especially wine from the carmenère grape is excellent.

Second: I would feel honoured to read your novel and help better it (if needed).

Third: I consider quite a few members on Jacurutu as friends and enjoy and love being part of the discussions, banter et cetera every day.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."