Fictional Drugs

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:Doctors shouldn't be drug dealers.
Doctors are drug dealers.

Cannabis Sativa, a most "Cerebral High".
Cannabis Indica, a most "Bodily High"

Uses: certain type of Glaucoma which there is no cure for it. Only substance on Earth that releives pressure on or in (which is it Chigger) the Optic Nerve.
Cancer patients use it to avoid vomiting & to maybe avoid dying of asphixiation or pneumonia because of vomit aspiration.
Depression is arrested @ its source, the brain.
A.I.D.S. patients use it to relieve stomach problems due to the toxic cocktail the ingest everyday.

@ 17 years old I already was leaving the medical field because of over exposure to tragedy. But I am proud to say that I have saved 3-4 human lives @ that tender age, and I was High on Cannabis.
I worked @ Jackson Memorial Hospital in the Respiratory Dept.
I have seen Trauma of all kinds, shapes, & forms. I have walked in the patients room to install Oxigen & the patient would already be arresting.
When I challenged the Doctor & asked, Why is this patient getting oxygen now & not a week ago, the answer was "he was going to die anyway & he is indigent. So we are ordering oxygen now to cover our asses.

Nice, don't you think. So do not tell me about abuse or any of the nonsense & paranoia about Cannabis. Alcohol is the worst drug of them all. Yet, it is Legal. Reason is, it represents the establishment.

That's why "True Tree Hugging Hippies" never drank alcohol. They only dropped acid (L.S.D.) & smoked evil weed.

When the music died (1969) the "New Mother Nature" was taking hold & destroyed the "Movement".

There is never, never, A Cannabis user robbing or killing anyone to get more joints to smoke.

Can you say the same thing about Drunks, sorry, Alcoholics.

Truth. Some people refuse to see it because it is convenient to not see it.
And because they sold themselves to the "Establishment"
and sometimes they were raised that way, but now you are adults & can discern. But only if you choose to find the truth, no matter what that might be.

Peace & Love.
Last edited by Fantômas on 03 Apr 2008 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

SandChigger wrote:So Fantomas, why the surprise? Too hard to imagine a world where people take responsibility for themselves without some Big Daddy in the capital or the heavens threatening them?

:roll:
Why must you equate Cannabis & Irresponsibility?

By this analogy of yours all drinkers are irresponsible also.

The only thing that is wrong with the use of Cannabis is that it is illegal & therefore everytime I smoke a good, wonderful, philosophical thoughts inducing marihuana "joint", (items in a series) :wink: I am not doing the right thing by my faith (we are not perfect) because i am to obey the laws of "Ceasar". :)
Last edited by Fantômas on 03 Apr 2008 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Like I said, there is a difference between use and abuse. I have a job, cars, mortgage, kids, etc... but I don't spend my bill money on pot or rob liquor stores.

It doesn't matter what someone uses it for if they do it responsibly.

I make no excuses, I like to get high and I think that's a good reason. You don't have to like it but I'm not hurting you.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:Like I said, there is a difference between use and abuse. I have a job, cars, mortgage, kids, etc... but I don't spend my bill money on pot or rob liquor stores.

It doesn't matter what someone uses it for if they do it responsibly.

I make no excuses, I like to get high and I think that's a good reason. You don't have to like it but I'm not hurting you.
Like he said...

But i don't know why Orald doesn't get that :| ...or maybe the shear joy of shooting a drug user is just too strong for him,like a drug... :wink:
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

SandChigger wrote:So Fantomas, why the surprise? Too hard to imagine a world where people take responsibility for themselves without some Big Daddy in the capital or the heavens threatening them?

:roll:
Define: "Big Daddy in the capital" please?

P.S. not bad for a befuddled Child/Man/
and well I am simply not, i say not Latin American!

So much to teach you,
So little time.
:roll: :) I am also aware that i can, and i have, Learned from You. :D
Last edited by Fantômas on 04 Apr 2008 00:37, edited 3 times in total.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I see Pot as no different than alcohol another type of drug, as long as one uses it responsibly what is the difference other than social acceptance?

We live in drug using society. Parents wonder why kids experiment but when every little ache, pain, or malady of the week are treated all the same way, here take a drug you will feel better, it is no surprise that kids turn to other substances.

Rob
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

Robspierre wrote:I see Pot as no different than alcohol another type of drug, as long as one uses it responsibly what is the difference other than social acceptance?

We live in drug using society. Parents wonder why kids experiment but when every little ache, pain, or malady of the week are treated all the same way, here take a drug you will feel better, it is no surprise that kids turn to other substances.

Rob
The kids see their mothers using "Mother's Little Helpers" = Valium
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

fantomas wrote:Define: "Big Daddy in the capital" please?
A paternalistic government.

Was that really so hard?
Freakzilla wrote:I make no excuses, I like to get high and I think that's a good reason. You don't have to like it but I'm not hurting you.
Exactly. You don't hurt me at all.

More importantly, you have a fulltime job, keep your family fed, clothed and under a roof and, from what I can gather, are a devoted and loving husband and father. You may use, but it doesn't appear you abuse, so you're not hurting yourself or anyone in your life.

So I don't think less of you one iota because you use.

It's the spelling that makes me sometimes want to shoot you! :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

You folks seem to ignore the fact that I said, quite clearly, on at least two occassions now, that I don't actually want to shoot drug addicts and that I don't really care as long as it doesn't affect me.
Unfortunately, it doesn't take a genius to see how many, say, car accidents, are caused by drunks/under drugs/combination of both.

Also, the usual pot-using mantra of "but alcohol is even worse!" is not only untrue(as it is less potent- you need larger amounts of it to kick in enough for you to lose control), but I already stated more than once that I see alcohol as a bad thing.

I had an uncle who was an alcoholic and he died from complications as a result from drinking, or being too drunk to care, not sure what.
I've seen drunk people and how they behave.

That being said, a glass of beer won't reduce you to seeing "pretty colors" whereas a joint or LSD pill would.

Valium and the like(unlike cold medicines, unless you guys have some serious ass-kicking, mind-bending ones for some reason :roll: ) are drugs, no different than most others.
I can approve it for real depression, but people seem to be using it for no reason than to get high, or rather mellow(?), or whatever.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:You folks seem to ignore the fact that I said, quite clearly, on at least two occassions now, that I don't actually want to shoot drug addicts and that I don't really care as long as it doesn't affect me.
Unfortunately, it doesn't take a genius to see how many, say, car accidents, are caused by drunks/under drugs/combination of both.

No one has condoned driving under the influence. However, I tend to speed when sober, but not while stoned.
Also, the usual pot-using mantra of "but alcohol is even worse!" is not only untrue(as it is less potent- you need larger amounts of it to kick in enough for you to lose control), but I already stated more than once that I see alcohol as a bad thing.
I had an uncle who was an alcoholic and he died from complications as a result from drinking, or being too drunk to care, not sure what.
I've seen drunk people and how they behave.

That being said, a glass of beer won't reduce you to seeing "pretty colors" whereas a joint or LSD pill would.
The effects on you body are worse. As far as effects go, you have to consider quantity and quality. Sure, I'd have to drink a lot of beer to be intoxicated but it doesn't take much bourbon. I could smoke several joints and still pas a sobriety test. But then, there's full blow alcoholics that probably could too.

I've never hallucinated from smoking marijuana, I want to smoke one out of your bag!
Valium and the like(unlike cold medicines, unless you guys have some serious ass-kicking, mind-bending ones for some reason :roll: ) are drugs, no different than most others.
I can approve it for real depression, but people seem to be using it for no reason than to get high, or rather mellow(?), or whatever.
So? What's wrong with that if it's not hurting anyone, even themselves?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:That being said, a glass of beer won't reduce you to seeing "pretty colors" whereas a joint or LSD pill would.
Please Man be better informed before you comment.

Facts dude. Is not that what makes a good argument?

I do not want to change your opinion or anyone elses with opinions. All I have written in Jacurutu its been documented. All of it, medically, historically, geographically, politically, & Dunically, except about my faith, that is why is called faith.
I have gotten upset @ times because i am not offered a different opinion backed by facts. When someone here did not like what I had to say, she called it "Propaganda". It is not personal by any means, You guys know things I do not, and by all means, I may know something you guys do not know. Just the facts Man. Let us learn from each other with kindness and pursuit the Duniverse & other worthwhile endeavors.
I am also using you guys to better my English & if I do not express my self with tact, I am truly sorry for it.

Peace & Love.
Last edited by Fantômas on 04 Apr 2008 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

SandChigger wrote:
fantomas wrote:Define: "Big Daddy in the capital" please?
A paternalistic government.
Us (Cubans) that are residing in the U. S. are known for our Republican Votes throughout our history.
It is a fact, not fiction, that we believe in progress thru our own efforts.

We provide for our families without the help of any government.
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:However, I tend to speed when sober, but not while stoned.
Yu are a rare man then, or it's just doppie drivers in Israel that seem to go crazy.
The effects on you body are worse. As far as effects go, you have to consider quantity and quality. Sure, I'd have to drink a lot of beer to be intoxicated but it doesn't take much bourbon. I could smoke several joints and still pas a sobriety test. But then, there's full blow alcoholics that probably could too.
You can smoke several joints and still pass a sobriety test? Get real.
I think someone's dilluting your dope too much, I suspect the dealer.
Cap that punk!
I've never hallucinated from smoking marijuana, I want to smoke one out of your bag!
I seem to remember on another thread, you mentioned just sitting and staring at things, in Germany during your military service I believe.
Hallucination, sitting and starring empty-headedly, you know what I mean.
Incapacitation, I don't really care what passes through your head while it on.
They hurt themselve I bet, but I said I won't go and arrest them. Let them rot I say.
When I say "it's bad" I don't mean to go and do something, I just mean I think it's not good and I won't do the same.
fantomas wrote:Please Man be better informed before you comment.
Wasn't the whole point of LSD, a "psychodelic" drug, seeing pretty colors?
Then what do you see? Or hear? The voices? Telling you to kill us all? :shock:

:lol: :wink:

When I compare a glass of beer to a joint/pill/line(or what you call powders) I mean to show that unless you drink for a long while, beer after beer after beer, or shot after shot after shot(sooner in the later case of course), you won't get similar incapacitation effects.
A pill usually is a sufficient dose for a "trip", no? Or are they now dilluted so badly that you need several(actually, this is a good idea, lets you take it in moderation. discuss this with your local drug-dealer. :lol: )?
A joint is weaker I guess(pot is weaker than LSD and the likes, no? I mean the active stuff is less potent), and you take in less of the substance than with a pill, so you need several puffs to get the effect, I presume.
But several puffs are easier to take than even several wiskey shots, no?
Or a few pints of beer.

Then again, you lot do seem to be a bunch of drunkards, so I can't say that for sure. Doesn't anyone around here drink less than to total oblivion?
I also guess if they didn't have the alcohol they'd do something else to get high. It's not really about the substance that I'm about, it's about the effects.

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Well, this certainly sparked off a debate :)

Personally, I'm done with the whole marijuana debate. It's well on it's way to legalization in my country and I don't care. I'm tired of all the bullshit nonsense arguments that try to assign degrees of danger and charges of morality to the drugs humans use. A drug is a drug is a drug and if some want to justify it with one ridiculously flawed piece of logic after another, that's their problem. People will use and abuse drugs whether legal or not, the only difference is general acceptance. And the people in my country have spoken: pot should be legal.

I don't use pot and I don't drink excessively, but if I or others choose to do so, so be it. I wouldn't hang around with drug addicts anyway. I have nothing against recreational drug use; it's simply a reality of society, IMO.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:
Yu are a rare man then, or it's just doppie drivers in Israel that seem to go crazy.
No,he is not.

I suspect you are in Law Enforcement, anyways, so am I :wink: , and you know little about Cannabis. All you know is that is Bad, Bad, Bad.

Well, it is not. It does not even gives cancer. Did you know that?

But no matter how much scientific data is out, you will simply refuse to change your mind/way of thinking. I have observed the disease closely; there is no cure.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:
The effects on you body are worse. As far as effects go, you have to consider quantity and quality. Sure, I'd have to drink a lot of beer to be intoxicated but it doesn't take much bourbon. I could smoke several joints and still pas a sobriety test.
Cap that punk!
Hence, the problem...
lack of proper Societal Awareness, in my youth I have passed a sobriety test, drunk (no breathalyzer). I do not drink frequently, bottle of Rum has lasted me over a year.
The people your dept. are supposed to serve & protect deserve better trained Officers. It is great busting kids & ruining their lives for a joint. You feel very good about that & your saving Society.
It is easier to "score" crack on the streets, than it is to find Cannabis.

It tells me a lot about where the government's priority is.
We are inundated with commercials about Cannabis, th evil weed.
no one dies etc.
Beer commercials everywhere, hard liquor, pharmaceutical drugs that do not work & hurt people's bodies, that is OK for the "Establishment"
Remember Charlie, Starkist does not want tuna with good taste, Starkist wants tuna that "taste good".
Last edited by Fantômas on 04 Apr 2008 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:
I think they're lacing the weed with something over there. Marijuana is a euphoric.
Cap that punk!
Actually, the pot that I get now is stronger than I've ever had. But the effects are nearly instant and one of the benifits of smoking a substance is that you have fingertip control of the dosage by how much you inhale, how long you hold it in and how much you smoke. Rarely do I smoke more than two or three "tokes". I don't need to, that gives me the desired effect. If I did smoke several joints, I would probably eat a whole bag of chips and pass out. But I garantee you, I could do better in a sobriety test than if I drank a pint of bourbon. Marijuana does not impare your perceptual awareness and judgement the same way as alcohol, it's not even close.
I seem to remember on another thread, you mentioned just sitting and staring at things, in Germany during your military service I believe.
Hallucination, sitting and starring empty-headedly, you know what I mean.
Incapacitation, I don't really care what passes through your head while it on.
That was hashish and I was on vacation. I wasn't familiar with the effects and that's not something I do every day or even often. It was in Denmark, BTW. I smoked opium once while in the military and that is a whole different story as well.
They hurt themselve I bet, but I said I won't go and arrest them. Let them rot I say.
When I say "it's bad" I don't mean to go and do something, I just mean I think it's not good and I won't do the same.
You don't have to but you should be less judgemental towards other people.
fantomas wrote:Please Man be better informed before you comment.
Wasn't the whole point of LSD, a "psychodelic" drug, seeing pretty colors?
Then what do you see? Or hear? The voices? Telling you to kill us all? :shock:

:lol: :wink:
LSD is a whole different ball game. I would never take it unless in a secure mind set and setting. They call it a trip for a reason. It is not for amatures. I have't taken LSD in years and doubt I ever will again.
When I compare a glass of beer to a joint/pill/line(or what you call powders) I mean to show that unless you drink for a long while, beer after beer after beer, or shot after shot after shot(sooner in the later case of course), you won't get similar incapacitation effects.
A pill usually is a sufficient dose for a "trip", no? Or are they now dilluted so badly that you need several(actually, this is a good idea, lets you take it in moderation. discuss this with your local drug-dealer. :lol: )?
A joint is weaker I guess(pot is weaker than LSD and the likes, no? I mean the active stuff is less potent), and you take in less of the substance than with a pill, so you need several puffs to get the effect, I presume.
But several puffs are easier to take than even several wiskey shots, no?
Or a few pints of beer.

Then again, you lot do seem to be a bunch of drunkards, so I can't say that for sure. Doesn't anyone around here drink less than to total oblivion?
I also guess if they didn't have the alcohol they'd do something else to get high. It's not really about the substance that I'm about, it's about the effects.
You're compairing apples, oranges and pares, and they're just not the same.

I drink, but I don't get drunk. At least I try not to and it took me a long time to learn to use alcohol in moderation. Like I said, marijuana is not even in the same ballpark as LSD. Cocaine is stronger than marijuana but not as strong as LSD but the effects of all three are different. Pot and LSD are not physically addictive, alcohol is. Long time alcoholics will DIE if they stop drinking. I would equate one puff from a joint to be roughly equivalent to one shot or one beer, maybe two, as far as the level of intoxication goes, but the
Last edited by Freakzilla on 04 Apr 2008 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
~Pink Snowman
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

Orald, with all due respect, you should inform your self better. Only if it is just to protect your life. You are out there & you need to know where "it" is going to come from. "It" is not going to come from cannabis smokers; I assure you. Then again you all think I am an idiot. Fine, I know no matter what i say or do , is never going to be good enough for some of you. Just take care out there & protect the next generation. To hell with us old farts. Learn & be fair out there. Kids now days have more on their plate than @ any other time.
:)
orald

Post by orald »

fantomas wrote:I suspect you are in Law Enforcement
:lol:

Freak, I didn't mean get crazy as in attacking etc, young psople go out to clubs, get high with probably 2-3 substances(one of which is alcohol) and then crash their cars- hopefully to a ditch or a street lamp, or even more hopefully into another stoned driver, but usually into an innocent driver.

Maybe people should be using more drugs, like on Dosadi, that way I could control them by their addictions! Muahahahaha!

And uh, edit your post, it's cut in the middle or something.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:
fantomas wrote:I suspect you are in Law Enforcement
:lol:

Freak, I didn't mean get crazy as in attacking etc, young psople go out to clubs, get high with probably 2-3 substances(one of which is alcohol) and then crash their cars- hopefully to a ditch or a street lamp, or even more hopefully into another stoned driver, but usually into an innocent driver.
Nobody is condoning that kind of behaivior, it is irresponsible. All I am trying to say is that some people can responsibly use recreational drugs and they shouldn't be judged based on what teenagers do in a club. I'm not saying all people should do drugs either, some people can't even handle reality. Some people have their lives ruined by drugs, some have it enhanced, some it just makes it tollerable.

As I've said before, moderation is the key to using anythign responsibly.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Moderation is for sissies! The only moderation I like is pushing ban buttons! :twisted:

Hmm, is there a point to continue this debate anymore? I surrender, I can't make you stop doing drugs. And like I agreed, as long as it doesn't hurt the board it's OK enough for me not to crucify you. :roll:

Regarding the original article, I got carried away in this debate and forgot to mention my disappointment by the Spice Melange being about 5-6th at best on the list. Should've been on the top 3 at least, it's one of the best known examples I think.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I was dissappointed that the spice cycle survived the last two books. I think the Duniverse would be a better place without it.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

You mean without the sandworms(or spice producing ones) on Rakis in HoD, and later on Chapterhouse?

IDK, you'd have the BG at the total mercy of the Tleilaxu as the sole producers of spice.
We can't say much for space travel- ships seem to be using more and more Ixian navigation machines, especially smugglers and the BG.
Only the Guild seems to use navigators for it, and even they use machines(the nav' is just in case of trouble, and mostly for show of independence).

Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

Freakzilla wrote:Actually, the pot that I get now is stronger than I've ever had.
As quoted above, this is the result of Prohibition. I talk to kids and ask them to explain to me what is going on within their click compared to what was going on in my youthful days. Sometimes they confide and they tell me about the pot being grown with "growing" chemicals, a different one depending on how old the plant is. These kids are full blown chemists. They have adulterated the product to an extent that, IMHO, it's Crazy. So much stronger & different High than in my days.I compare it with the best I have ever had, Colombian Gold. The Thai, Hawaian, I've heard was very nice, but I do not know. Colombian Gold was ranked among the best in the world though. The point is It Used to be [/b]Natural. Not any more thanks to prudes & their [/b]Silly laws bordering very close on the precipice of Corruption & Prejudice. The two last sentences describes the Real Crime.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Ignorodrin

A pill with reality-altering qualities that renders anything that harshes your mellow transparent. Replaces unseemly noise from nagging wives, girlfriends, message board n'er-do-wells and authority figures with suggestive imagery of the preferred gender. Clears the mind of useless clutter so that you can concentrate on more important things, like Battlestar Galactica.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.