Apple, the Great Rip-Off

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Apple, the Great Rip-Off

Post by Omphalos »

inhuien wrote:this Apple vs non-Apple bs is unimportant. Moving on, when yer having mince and tatties, do you mash the tatties in the pot or the proper way on the plate with the mince and gravy served. And if some heathen mentions butter or milk there's gonna be a murder
How about buttermilk? That stuff makes all the difference in the world!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
inhuien wrote:this Apple vs non-Apple bs is unimportant. Moving on, when yer having mince and tatties, do you mash the tatties in the pot or the proper way on the plate with the mince and gravy served. And if some heathen mentions butter or milk there's gonna be a murder
Sour cream.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I like to mash some neeps with my tatties, and the gravy needs to be a proper onion gravy.

Rob
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

And a version of sanity returned.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Sour cream.
sour apples ?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

lotek wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Sour cream.
sour apples ?
I like granny Smith apples. Yum.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Now we're talking :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
trang

Post by trang »

In general, fuck Apple, steve jobs, the iphone and ipad, Mac OS X and the horse they road in on. Open source is the future.
FYI ( I feel the same way about Microsoft, bill gates, IE, the windows phone etc, double fuck the horse they road in on)

I use fedora 16 64 bit, Google(Gmail, Chrome, docs,etc), Blackberry Torch, no use for a pad at the moment but with playbooks coming down under a 100 bucks and still having equal or better specs than most the pads on the market, its tempting. Kindle fire are around 100 bucks used too. I like Android as a whole, just haven't taken the plunge. Im holding on to see if RIM gets there headout of there collective ass's in 1st quarter of 2013 with new phones and playbook, otherwise will wave goodbye and say thanks for 10 years of service and great products, and go full android.

I have one windows 7 desktop for gaming, until gaming publishers and MMO publishers go deeper on linux side, then dumping windows.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

funny, but I am pretty sure this jury verdict has not been reduced to judgment yet. I doubt it's been paid, either in nickles or otherwise.

I wonder if $1B in nickles would even fit in 30 trucks?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That would take all the nickles minted in the past decade. Samsung still has an appeal.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

lotek wrote:But iPods ? No external memory now that's a rip-off.
Apple and me is an alliance of convenience... but I will properly defend the iPod CLASSIC - there are no alternatives, and wheels are still cool :)

(Unfortunately, I think they're trying to kill it :( )
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
trang

Post by trang »

http://crackberry.com/ipad-2-vs-playboo ... -smackdown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it shows IPad2 as winner but price vs performance? playbook clearly, used 100 bucks.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The consumers have spoken:

iPhone knocked off its perch as number one smartphone
What's the most popular smartphone in all the land? Given that we're mere days away from the introduction of the iPhone 5, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's Apple's flagship iPhone 4S that takes top honors. But for the first time ever, the iPhone 4S has been knocked off its perch by rival Samsung.

Though Apple may have beaten Samsung in court, it appears that Samsung is beating Apple in the marketplace. According to an August marketing survey, customers at Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint all prefer the Samsung Galaxy S III to the iPhone 4S. Apple's smartphone still has some cachet with AT&T customers, but its not enough to knock the Galaxy S III out of the number one position nationwide.

Why is the Samsung Galaxy S III making waves on the top smartphone charts? Well, simply put, it's a great phone — Tecca recently rated the Samsung Galaxy S III a 4 out of 5. But more to the point, the Galaxy S III is a newer phone, released earlier this summer, and capable of taking advantage of 4G networks. By comparison, the iPhone 4S has been out nearly a year and is only able to attain 3G speeds — it's slow enough that reps at Verizon are actively steering customers away from it. Once the new 4G iPhone 5 comes out later this month, you can expect to see it topping the sales charts all across the board.
My company is offering employees two Samsung Galaxies for $99 with 12% of your T-Mobile bill every month. :dance:
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:The consumers have spoken:

iPhone knocked off its perch as number one smartphone
What's the most popular smartphone in all the land? Given that we're mere days away from the introduction of the iPhone 5, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's Apple's flagship iPhone 4S that takes top honors. But for the first time ever, the iPhone 4S has been knocked off its perch by rival Samsung.

Though Apple may have beaten Samsung in court, it appears that Samsung is beating Apple in the marketplace. According to an August marketing survey, customers at Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint all prefer the Samsung Galaxy S III to the iPhone 4S. Apple's smartphone still has some cachet with AT&T customers, but its not enough to knock the Galaxy S III out of the number one position nationwide.

Why is the Samsung Galaxy S III making waves on the top smartphone charts? Well, simply put, it's a great phone — Tecca recently rated the Samsung Galaxy S III a 4 out of 5. But more to the point, the Galaxy S III is a newer phone, released earlier this summer, and capable of taking advantage of 4G networks. By comparison, the iPhone 4S has been out nearly a year and is only able to attain 3G speeds — it's slow enough that reps at Verizon are actively steering customers away from it. Once the new 4G iPhone 5 comes out later this month, you can expect to see it topping the sales charts all across the board.
My company is offering employees two Samsung Galaxies for $99 with 12% of your T-Mobile bill every month. :dance:
Just wait until Apple sues them. That'll show those poseurs.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'd bet the case will get thrown out or Samsung will win their appeal.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I'm not so sure in this case.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Me neither.

Goodnight Golden Path!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Apple = USA FUCK YEAH

Samsung = Which Koreans are the ones we hate?

Home team wins.

:?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -