KJA's Latest Kewl Music/Book Tie-Ins

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

KJA's Latest Kewl Music/Book Tie-Ins

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Well, it looks like KJA is at it again, this time with a band that people actually know...Rush...
Just check this out, and I'm sure y'all will be flooding the comments section, which is mostly unsuspecting Rush fans being like, "Dude, this novelization of the new Rush album is the coolest thing ever! It's never been done before! It's like the next The Wall/Tommy/Sgt. Pepper's!! I might have to read some of this guy Kevin J. Anderson's books now in anticipation of the new album!...."

The info is all here. It's not really like we didn't all see this coming, KJA's been talking about him and Neil's "relationship" for a while....

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/02 ... gels-album
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: KJA's Latest Kewl Music/Book Tie-Ins

Post by Nekhrun »

Rush sucks so it's only fitting.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I don't know anything about Rush, but if they're willing to work with Mr. Anderson, well, then... they must suck, right?
I bring nothing to the table.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I feel all worked up now...
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

:puke:
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

There should be an angry vomit smiley.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Just curious ... but is it really necessary to post four one sentence posts in a row?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Serkanner wrote:Just curious ... but is it really necessary to post four one sentence posts in a row?
No, they just kind of came to me. I'm a horrible person, I know.
lotek

Post by lotek »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

JustSomeGuy wrote:I'm a horrible person, I know.
Yeah, and what are going to do about it? It's not a valid excuse for horrible behaviour.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

"Damn, this rock band's got me all fired up about literature!"

:lol:
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
ErasOmnius

Post by ErasOmnius »

I am very sad for Rush, and for Neal Peart. They probably don't know what they are getting themselves into. I should probably send them a copy of Winds, so they know of the myriad of crap that Kevin Anderson has written. Then Rush will "Fly By Night" away from KJA and BH.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

ErasOmnius wrote:I am very sad for Rush, and for Neal Peart. They probably don't know what they are getting themselves into. I should probably send them a copy of Winds, so they know of the myriad of crap that Kevin Anderson has written. Then Rush will "Fly By Night" away from KJA and BH.
Don't be fooled by your feelings for that band. Peart and Anderson have been groping one another for years now. He's got to be aware of what Anderson is all about.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I'm in favour of anything that raises Kevin J. Anderson's profile. :twisted:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
lotek

Post by lotek »

DuneFishUK wrote:I'm in favour of anything that raises Kevin J. Anderson's profile. :twisted:
aren't we all ?
trang

Post by trang »

I Like Rush quite a bit, hate KJA. He blows his horn so often you would think he was a contortionist by trade. I'm sure the new Rush CD will be good, I'm also sure whatever KJA writes will suck on every level.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Oh shite...
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I wonder if the Cogiters are going to get a song written about them?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I think this announcement is utterly meaningless. The album will stand on its own, liked or hated by Rush fans, and the novel will be utterly forgotten in a year or two (except perhaps as a historical curiosity - "Hey Clockwork Angels, now that was a great album" "Yeah, but what was the deal with that crap book that came with it? Whatever.")

It's hard to think that there's *that* much overlap between the fan bases for this to be beneficial in any real way.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Omphalos wrote:I wonder if the Cogiters are going to get a song written about them?
You must have heard 2112.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I read this (over on chiggerblog) about the Roswell Six/ Terra Incognita project:

http://chiggerblog.hairyticksofdune.net/blog/?p=551
Brian Herbert says:
June 8, 2009 at 5:53 am
I listened to those sample tracks. It sounds like the kind of music that they used in movies that were knock-offs of Beastmaster. Or like 80′s teen movies when they needed something for an action montage. Like when the kids from Fame: The TV Show got all bent out of shape over been dissed by the kids from the rival dance school, so they went back and really put their noses to the grind-stone. That kind of montage.
It looks like thekja had nothing to do with the actual music on this one- he's just writing a story to go along with the album. Well, you Rush fans can be thankful for that. Unless you're also fans of Kevin. J. Anderson. Morons (not the Rush fans, necessarily, just the Anderson fans).
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

JustSomeGuy wrote:I read this (over on chiggerblog) about the Roswell Six/ Terra Incognita project:

Brian Herbert says:
I listened to those sample tracks. It sounds like the kind of music that they used in movies that were knock-offs of Beastmaster. Or like 80′s teen movies when they needed something for an action montage. Like when the kids from Fame: The TV Show got all bent out of shape over been dissed by the kids from the rival dance school, so they went back and really put their noses to the grind-stone. That kind of montage.
It looks like thekja had nothing to do with the actual music on this one- he's just writing a story to go along with the album. Well, you Rush fans can be thankful for that. Unless you're also fans of Kevin. J. Anderson. Morons (not the Rush fans, necessarily, just the Anderson fans).
That Brian Herbert. He's hysterical, ain't he? :wink:

Goodnight Golden Path!
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

:lol:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I see...two houses of orthodoxy
I see...plans within plans...
I see...us getting a lot more support from half of the Rush community soon when they read that hack's shit.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
lotek

Post by lotek »

Omphalos wrote:
JustSomeGuy wrote:I read this (over on chiggerblog) about the Roswell Six/ Terra Incognita project:

Brian Herbert says:

That Brian Herbert. He's hysterical, ain't he? :wink:
I just love how the poor sod thinks he's got such an insight in popular culture...
Sorry pal, Peter Griffin beat you to it !
Ampoliros wrote:I see...two houses of orthodoxy
I see...plans within plans...
I see...us getting a lot more support from half of the Rush community soon when they read that hack's shit.
Don't know about Rush, I just hope it's not Asia.
But anyone with half a brain and a fondness for anything would reel at the thought of that talentless fool ruining it because the twat probably thinks that if everything is shit his own stuff will look better.

Yes I believe that's his plan, insidiously waterworm his way in every cool thing in the world to dumb down culture, so then he can have the credit he deserves (which he already gets though, that's irony for you)