KJA's Latest Kewl Music/Book Tie-Ins

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

TheDukester

Re: KJA's Latest Kewl Music/Book Tie-Ins

Post by TheDukester »

"For more than twenty years, Neil and I have wanted to collaborate on something MAJOR, a way we could tie together our imaginations, and at last that's happening."

Okay, so you're saying it took you two geniuses 20 years to come up with ... that?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

TheDukester wrote:"For more than twenty years, Neil and I have wanted to collaborate on something MAJOR, a way we could tie together our imaginations, and at last that's happening."

Okay, so you're saying it took you two geniuses 20 years to come up with ... that?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well Clockwork Angels was released yesterday. The publishing date for the novelization is in September.

Who the fuck's brilliant idea was that, especially with Kevin "On Time " Anderson?

And on a minor note...does anyone even care?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

DuneFishUK wrote:I'm in favour of anything that raises Kevin J. Anderson's profile. :twisted:
Isn't that what Brian said?

CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
lotek

Post by lotek »

Mr. Teg wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:I'm in favour of anything that raises Kevin J. Anderson's profile. :twisted:

that's definitely not what she said.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Mr. Teg wrote:

that's definitely not what she said.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

14evin wrote:And my reaction initially was “No, I don’t want to write a whole new chapter and a whole new character,” and I whined a little bit, but then I realized that really was a good addition, and I wrote all that stuff in like half a day and sent it back to him. And he was amazed, having read it before and after, how easily it fit right in. But to me, the best little suggestion, and this shows you how we worked back and forth, is we had finished the second draft, Owen was off doing his stuff, and Neil raised a question. He said, “So Owen’s imagining that his mother didn’t really die in the fever, that she’s off exploring things, but he really knows that she died.” And Neil wondered if we should do a little more with that, resolve it somehow. And I wrote back, “Well, she really is dead; I don’t want to make her magically appear somewhere.” But then I thought, Wait, we’re talking about multiple parallel universes and what’s to say she doesn’t exist and didn’t do that stuff in another universe. And then I had the idea that he finds the story of her adventures in Pangloss’s little library, where he buys books from other dimensions. And I think that’s one of the coolest little jabs in the heart in the book, when he finds the book that his “other mother” wrote.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/r ... n-20120904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The grandmaster of ultra-universes doesn't take suggestions easily.
I think there's a lesson for Brian in here, don't forget who's writing the checks and who's the hack for hire.
Beneath all that conceit is the admission that the best idea he wrote wasn't his.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Now that its out, has anybody actually read the piece o' shit here?

( Also the title Grandmaster of Ultra-Universes= :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Sandwurm88 wrote:Now that its out, has anybody actually read the piece o' shit here?

( Also the title Grandmaster of Ultra-Universes= :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
I can't even make it through the description on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Clockwork-Angels- ... 1770411216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

List Price: $24.95
Price: $16.47
release Date: September 3, 2012

A remarkable collaboration that is unprecedented in its scope and realization, this exquisitely wrought novel represents an artistic project between the bestselling science fiction author Kevin J. Anderson and the multiplatinum rock band Rush. The newest album by Rush, Clockwork Angels, sets forth a story in Neil Peart’s lyrics that has been expanded by him and Anderson into this epic novel. In a young man’s quest to follow his dreams, he is caught between the grandiose forces of order and chaos. He travels across a lavish and colorful world of steampunk and alchemy with lost cities, pirates, anarchists, exotic carnivals, and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life. The mind-bending story is complemented with rich paintings by the five-time Juno Award winner for Best Album Design, Hugh Syme.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I read the reviews there and posted a couple comments. Someone took the time to give it a 1-star based solely on the fact that it was KJA who wrote it, and I don't recognize the name.

There was a good one where I commented that they should go read the reviews of other KJA novels, because they were astounded that Neil Peart was such an atrocious author.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Felt I had to share this tidbit;

14evin; I think if I only wrote one specific type of novel, I'd be easier to label and the publishers and booksellers might feel more comfortable, but fortunately I have a diverse and dedicated fan base that follows whatever I write.

...wouldn't it be more truthful to say that why any one buys this shit is a mystery beyond comprehension?
:think:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/phil-simo ... 08594.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Or, all the publishers know that I'm a hack and don't want to publish my shit.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Freakzilla wrote:Or, all the publishers know that I'm a hack and don't want to publish my shit.
My thoughts exactly
-Omphalos
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

Freakzilla wrote:Or, all the publishers know that I'm a hack and don't want to publish my shit.
Of course, they do publish his shit; quite a lot of it actually. They just think that the name 'Kevin J. Anderson' does not sell a novel on its own.

Whether that's fair or not, I can't say. I just suspect that Mr. Anderson has had plenty of opportunity to prove his ability as an author to his publishers--and hasn't been able to convince them otherwise.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

If kevie hadn't defiled Dune, I'd probably never have known how pissed I could get at a fellow I've never met.
-Omphalos
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

D Pope wrote:If kevie hadn't defiled Dune, I'd probably never have known how pissed I could get at a fellow I've never met.
My thoughts exactly.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."