A Favor, Please

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

A Favor, Please

Post by Omphalos »

Would everyone please go here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078643 ... rd_i=typ01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And click on the link that says "I want you to make a Kindle version of this". Thanks.

Fingers crossed!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
JustSomeGuy

Re: A Favor, Please

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Done.
I bring nothing to the table.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:character-burgerking:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

As you have commanded, my master.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

The Tidwell must, and has been, obeyed.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I could not find the button I was told to press. Sorry.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I could not find the button I was told to press. Sorry.
It's right below the picture of the book cover silly!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Done!

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Omphalos wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I could not find the button I was told to press. Sorry.
Here it isn't.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

There's what I see

And here's what I would like to see.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Serkanner wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Here it isn't.
Phew! I'm not the only one.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

my finger, is on the button...

push the button...

the time has come to...

galvanize!
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
trang

Post by trang »

I have pushed the button, but fear zombies have been released somewhere.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

So, Omphalos = this Tidwell I keep hearing about? I thought maybe it was a video game character or maybe someone from over at that other site. Tidwell?
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

JustSomeGuy wrote:So, Omphalos = this Tidwell I keep hearing about? I thought maybe it was a video game character or maybe someone from over at that other site. Tidwell?
The Tidwell is THE TIDWELL!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
A Thing of Eternity

JustSomeGuy wrote:So, Omphalos = this Tidwell I keep hearing about? I thought maybe it was a video game character or maybe someone from over at that other site. Tidwell?
Yes.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SadisticCynic wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Here it isn't.
Phew! I'm not the only one.
Huh. Must be an Amazon US thing. Sorry guys, and thanks for showing me.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Actually "The Tidwell" was a conglomeration of me, Ragabash and Freak. The nut jub who came up with that was too stoopid to realilze that we were in fact different people, all doing "mysterious" things like sending self-destruct codes to his computer when he wasn't looking, changing our contact information on web registration pages, and running this place. But Ragabash (my brother) isn't around a lot, so between me and Freak I am the only one with the last name of "Tidwell."

Although by now I suppose you could say that the idea of "The Tidwell" is much bigger than I, and has evolved to have its own sentience and consciousness. So watch your fuckin' P's and Q's, mister!

Goodnight Golden Path!
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Omphalos wrote:Actually "The Tidwell" was a conglomeration of me, Ragabash and Freak. The nut jub who came up with that was too stoopid to realilze that we were in fact different people, all doing "mysterious" things like sending self-destruct codes to his computer when he wasn't looking, changing our contact information on web registration pages, and running this place. But Ragabash (my brother) isn't around a lot, so between me and Freak I am the only one with the last name of "Tidwell."

Although by now I suppose you could say that the idea of "The Tidwell" is much bigger than I, and has evolved to have its own sentience and consciousness. So watch your fuckin' P's and Q's, mister!

I see, I see...

About this other guy: I can relate to him a little bit. I'm paranoid. I mean, PARANOID. Maybe not as much as him, but I have crazy paranoid thoughts too. It's just that I try to keep them to myself.
A Thing of Eternity

JustSomeGuy wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Actually "The Tidwell" was a conglomeration of me, Ragabash and Freak. The nut jub who came up with that was too stoopid to realilze that we were in fact different people, all doing "mysterious" things like sending self-destruct codes to his computer when he wasn't looking, changing our contact information on web registration pages, and running this place. But Ragabash (my brother) isn't around a lot, so between me and Freak I am the only one with the last name of "Tidwell."

I see, I see...

About this other guy: I can relate to him a little bit. I'm paranoid. I mean, PARANOID. Maybe not as much as him, but I have crazy paranoid thoughts too. It's just that I try to keep them to myself.
This guy was completely batshit insane though. Like completely batshit insane.

Good luck dealing with your paranoia though, I've got a few issues of my own but I''ve always been glad that wasn't one of them!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:This guy was completely batshit insane though. Like completely batshit insane.
Yeah? Well you just remember that the next time you're celebrating Memorial Day.

Also, I clicked the damn link. Obeying The Tidwell and all that.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:This guy was completely batshit insane though. Like completely batshit insane.
:lol: Yeah, you really can't say that too many times about that guy.

At one point he suggested - albeit tentatively - that this whole website was a front for William Shatner to further his career by launching a web smear campaign against Kevin J. Anderson. At least, I *think* that's what he claimed. It wasn't always clear.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Hunchback Jack wrote:

At one point he suggested - albeit tentatively - that this whole website was a front for William Shatner to further his career by launching a web smear campaign against Kevin J. Anderson. At least, I *think* that's what he claimed. It wasn't always clear.
Don't forget about threatening to call the cops on people who visited his blog.

All that was before he faked his own death.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nekhrun wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:

I visited his blog, and it gave me a virus (which I got rid of without any damage to my computer). Seriously. Happy Memorial Day.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
A Thing of Eternity

Nekhrun wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:

And then rose from the dead pretending to be his cousin, and then eventually admitted it was really him (which was obvious from the start...). He also I think said he had the FBI investigating us/the Tidwell.