Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: BEER THREAD!

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:
Shaitan wrote:I like a chick with braids. They give you something to yank on :twisted:
People used to call them 'blowjob handles' in school. :) Haven't heard it since, so I don't know how common that one is.
Well, it's common when you're in school, then once you're an adult it stops being funny to chicks pretty fast and so the term falls out of usage. :lol:
Also, you stop getting blow jobs.
No no, dude. That's marriage. Not graduation.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:
Shaitan wrote:I like a chick with braids. They give you something to yank on :twisted:
People used to call them 'blowjob handles' in school. :) Haven't heard it since, so I don't know how common that one is.
Well, it's common when you're in school, then once you're an adult it stops being funny to chicks pretty fast and so the term falls out of usage. :lol:
Which is why my master plan to simply not get married is so awesome. :wink:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:
You still get them when you're married, there's just a lot more politics involved.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:
You still get them when you're married, there's just a lot more politics involved.
And they involve someone other than your wife.

Just kidding.

Goodnight Golden Path!
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:

Just kidding.
What about ass-play?
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

merkin muffley wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:

Just kidding.
What about ass-play?
That's right out. You only really get that when you're about to break up with someone.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nekhrun wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:

Just kidding.
What about ass-play?
That's right out. You only really get that when you're about to break up with someone.
Yes, that's what I've found. Like, when they read "Nights In Rodanthe" cover to cover despite the fact they've been borrowing your copy of Dune the entire time you've been dating.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

"Yeah, sure, I'll tell you when I'm about to..."

:twisted:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It's Crown Royal and Sam Adams Light Boilermaker Thursday.

~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and- ... aukee/?cid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

After pancakes, bacon and sausage links it was Heineken light and Jim Beam boilermakers until the Heine ran out, then Muscato with country fried pork chops and shrimp and sausage jambalaya...

:drool:
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:After pancakes, bacon and sausage links it was Heineken light and Jim Beam boilermakers until the Heine ran out, then Muscato with country fried pork chops and shrimp and sausage jambalaya...

Heineken light? Ewwww ... regular Heineken is already a very plain lager, so I can not even start to imagine what the light version tastes like. Next time try some Hertog Jan when you want a lager, that is way better!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:so glad this thread is still alive! I've recently been getting into a bunch of micro-brews. mainly espresso and coffee porters. so good.

anyone drink Innis&Gunn?
I have Innis&Gunn sometimes, it's a bit sweet for me but a nice ale none the less. I wish it had more oak character though, I've been oaking some homebrews and it comes out excellent, especially in beers that don't have enough hops bitterness.

I'm with you on the porters with coffee, chocolate is also great in dark beer.

I hadn't realized you were a craft-brew nut! If I'm ever out your way we'll have to grab some brews for sure.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Serkanner wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:After pancakes, bacon and sausage links it was Heineken light and Jim Beam boilermakers until the Heine ran out, then Muscato with country fried pork chops and shrimp and sausage jambalaya...

Heineken light? Ewwww ... regular Heineken is already a very plain lager, so I can not even start to imagine what the light version tastes like. Next time try some Hertog Jan when you want a lager, that is way better!
Off my back, MF! Tonight it's BUD ICE.

Ice, ice, baby...

(and JB)

and straight pimpin'.

I counted up the change in my arm rest console to grab a beer one night and came up with enough to buy a six-pack of Bud Ice tall boys.

5.5%

:puke:

:obscene-smokingpimp:
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:
Serkanner wrote:

Off my back, MF! Tonight it's BUD ICE.
You have no shame :snooty:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

There is no bad beer, some beer is just better than others. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:hand: No, there IS bad beer. :snooty:
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:There is no bad beer, some beer is just better than others. :wink:
We had this discussion already - that's a German saying, where there is indeed no such thing as a bad beer. BUT - some of the shite sold on this continent wouldn't even legally be allowed to call itself beer over there, so I don't think it applies to us!
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:so glad this thread is still alive! I've recently been getting into a bunch of micro-brews. mainly espresso and coffee porters. so good.

anyone drink Innis&Gunn?
I have Innis&Gunn sometimes, it's a bit sweet for me but a nice ale none the less. I wish it had more oak character though, I've been oaking some homebrews and it comes out excellent, especially in beers that don't have enough hops bitterness.

I'm with you on the porters with coffee, chocolate is also great in dark beer.

I hadn't realized you were a craft-brew nut! If I'm ever out your way we'll have to grab some brews for sure.
yeah I've really only started getting into the craft beers in the past year or 2. I'll go to the liquor store and just pick out random brews I haven't yet tried :) I've enjoyed a few chocolate stouts before but definitely prefer the coffee varieties.

check out I&G's Canadian edition, if any are left out your way. aged in Cdn whiskey casks, it's a deep red ale with tons of subtle fruit undertones.
I bought a bottle back around Canada day, pretty good beer for sure (I'm a big fan of a nice red ale). I can't say much negative about the beer, but it was over-valued for sure.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:There is no bad beer, some beer is just better than others. :wink:
We had this discussion already - that's a German saying, where there is indeed no such thing as a bad beer. BUT - some of the shite sold on this continent wouldn't even legally be allowed to call itself beer over there, so I don't think it applies to us!
Hey, I'll admit the Bud Ice was swill. I still think it's not that far off from what the Germans call kristallweizen.

I saw Jim Koch actually giving the North American macrobreweries credit for their consistancy across such enormous output.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Got one of those "Beers of the World" packs for Christmas. Apparently my sister in law was tired of getting me Border's Books gift cards, so she figured out what another of my loves is. Not bad. Id had most of it before, and most of was lager beer, but there was a Mexican red in there too.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:I saw Jim Koch actually giving the North American macrobreweries credit for their consistancy across such enormous output.
Kevin J. Anderson has achieved consistency across an enormous output, too. Wanna give him credit? ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
A Thing of Eternity

I guess it's easier to consistantly maintain minimum quality. :wink: No, some of those beers could be worse, not a whole shit load worse, but worse I suppose.

There's a place for that macro plain lager stuff though, I drink it myself sometimes. It's nice for after playing hockey, or working on the lawn when you just want something you can chug back and be refreshed by.
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
I bought a bottle back around Canada day, pretty good beer for sure (I'm a big fan of a nice red ale). I can't say much negative about the beer, but it was over-valued for sure.
definitely overpriced. $5 a bottle out here... but it was a good brew. damn I&G, capitalizing on my patriotism :P
I think it was even higher priced here. Oh well, not much more (or the same as) buying a crap beer at a bar, so still not as much of a rip-off as that!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Got a handle of Stoli for the old lady, a handle of JB and a twelve pack of Sam Adams lager.
~Pink Snowman