Pulled the trigger on a Kindle 3G

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Spicelon

Pulled the trigger on a Kindle 3G

Post by Spicelon »

I did a quick search and learned a few of you in here own this dedicated e-reader (or a version of it at least). I did a lot of review reading and such before ordering it, and decided on the Kindle over the Nook and Sony products. What sold me is that nearly every review I read rated the Kindle as the best "dedicated" e-reader, which is really what I wanted. So now that I pulled the trigger, what are you guys finding as the major cons? I know file support is sore point, at least with me, but it's not like I'm sitting on a trove of pirated e-texts anyway. Things you like? Anybody regret buying one?
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Pulled the trigger on a Kindle 3G

Post by Omphalos »

Spicelon wrote:I did a quick search and learned a few of you in here own this dedicated e-reader (or a version of it at least). I did a lot of review reading and such before ordering it, and decided on the Kindle over the Nook and Sony products. What sold me is that nearly every review I read rated the Kindle as the best "dedicated" e-reader, which is really what I wanted. So now that I pulled the trigger, what are you guys finding as the major cons? I know file support is sore point, at least with me, but it's not like I'm sitting on a trove of pirated e-texts anyway. Things you like? Anybody regret buying one?
The web browser built into it is crap, but that's because they don't want you surfing since it's basically free.

I use it still, even though I have an iPad. I use it more for audible books because its a PITA getting those things onto an iPad. It's a great little device and the price is definitely right. Raggy is thinking about buying the large format version.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The (8x11/A4-size?) DX one? I was thinking about getting one of those, too. But then I got the iPad and the Kindle app for it is sufficient for what I'm doing right now (just reading book samples).

I really like the idea of the e-ink. :)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

That's the one.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!