My humble return.

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

E. LeGuille

My humble return.

Post by E. LeGuille »

I don't want to sound tongue-in-cheek, but I I was wrong a long while ago. I never posted a "goodbye" post, because I did intend on leaving. But I think it is time I came clean on a few points.

I created a sock puppet account known as Orthodox. Now, some of you already figured out who I was. Others, did not. I will explain the original intention of the account. My name was directly affiliated with the KJASF. Which is about as exciting as watching someone take a dump in the desert. I gave this access to a member of this board, so that they could truly see what goes on there. Whether or not they still use this access, is beyond me. I created the account "Orthodox" to protect that during the initial process of allowing them access to sort of data mine, and gather what they needed. I doubt that this person has use of it anymore.

It's not all that exciting... but it was what I did to sort of redeem myself, silently. I can positively say that Hackelsly & Friends is mostly one guy using the forum to advertise his bookstore, and the rest of them to sing undeserving praises of tehKJA. Now, what I do not understand is that during my time there, this Special Forces unit had no one interested in defending him. There is 1, I repeat ONE person aside from myself that ever tried. And we all know who that is. Now, as I have learned more about the Hackbot himself, the more I started to understand the complete cliche 1960s sci-fi references. The books started coming off like Plan 9 From Outer Space and Godzilla, rolled into a pile of 4chan technophile sausage. And each one of those KJASF members suckle from it, daily.

This new novel with Brian is, as Amp pointed out -- Atrocious.
So I did the only thing I knew was right to do. I have burned (literally), the books of his that I had. I don't need anyone else to read it. I don't think it would be right to sentence someone to that sort of debauchery.

But I digress. I acted ignorantly, and selfishly at times in name of argument's sake. During my accident last year, I also had to struggle to overcome an addiction to narcotics, and have since cleaned myself up from that. And it was, in a way, because of this board that I saw my ego, my character -- who I was, as a person, questionable and sick.

I am better. And I feel home again.
Long Live the Fighters.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: My humble return.

Post by Freakzilla »

WB! :clap:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Welcome back. Glad you cleaned yourself up. Stay safe. Stay well.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Welcome Welcome!

I'd hardly call Hellhole atrocious: Its just more of Kevin's utter hatred for trees, plot, and rationality.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan! ;)
Aquila ka-Hecate

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

As a fellow narc, I can also say welcome back. Twelve years clean and sober, no thanks to any 12-step programs, btw.
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Thank you. To clarify, the addiction wasn't extremely bad, but it did prevent me from functioning normally. I'd have withdrawls, and I had to get over it. I've never been one to have addictions to be honest. I've tried to get addicted to smoking, never worked. I've smoked maybe 2 entire packs since I was 19. I do drink, but only on occassion to get drunk. I prefer 88 Double Aged Jim Beam, btw.

About the Abomination Zone.... What I can say is that I did not make a goodbye post over there yet. There's a reason for it. Sausage Suckers United has one person, whose passion I respect but cannot endorse. I honestly thought Kevin was a good writer. But I was wrong... I was young. After Reading now, Heinlein's book, "A Stranger in a Strange Land" and Pournelle's "A Mote In God's Eye"... I seriously shed a tear. Now, I'm young. Granted, I really did not know! But some of these people... they are older than Kev is, and they really, REALLY don't show much more "love" for Kevin than two lines of posting. I could verbatim some of the conversations I've had with the members in about the sum of 1 line. Because that's the limit of their perspective.

Just like Kev, they read it... line by line, as he "writes" it... line by line. And after he's written all the lines, he submits it. I just... it's hard for me to admit it, but I would compare Kev's writing skill to SyFy's executive decision making: It doesn't sense, it's rushed, and something better is on another channel/book.
Long Live the Fighters.
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Aquila ka-Hecate wrote:As a fellow narc, I can also say welcome back. Twelve years clean and sober, no thanks to any 12-step programs, btw.
You know, I've been on medication for anti-anxiety before, and honestly... they are so bad for you, it's crazy. It's like the epitomal essence of who I was, was packaged up into a neat box, and stored away because it was unnecessary. Like being an emotionless dick was much more important. Yeah, I hated those things, too. Quit that hard. I've basically given up on relying on drugs for solutions now. I think that time's passed.
Long Live the Fighters.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Welcome home.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nice to meet you. :D
Last edited by merkin muffley on 14 Apr 2011 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

See, now that's disheartening. You would want one's opponents to be of an equal caliber. Now it sounds like we're just pushing around children. I'd love to see the bleakness for myself...but then again I think that if there was something there worthy of our attention we'd know about it already.

Just one question: Are there more than 2 threads about the Superstars Writing Seminars? The answer would sum up the entire site rather nicely.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Welcome back. Don't take this whole KJA and BH thing too seriously. I mean, the books suck. That's all there is to it. No use getting yourself all worked up about it any more than necessary! I prefer not to really discuss them at all...although if KJA ever comes around my neck of the woods, I swear that I will go to a book signing with a camcorder and make KJA look like an idiot only like a teenage dude can. Until that day...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ampoliros wrote:You would want one's opponents to be of an equal caliber. Now it sounds like we're just pushing around children.
I think it's been obvious from the start that they're not of "equal caliber". (Making exceptions for youth in certain cases, of course.) Look at who they follow! Neither Kevin J. Anderson nor Brian Herbert is half the writer or even man that Frank Herbert was.
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

Very humble indeed! I'm glad to hear that you have evaded all that drug and crap. Wish more people were as strong as you..

Yeah, I agree, don't take that KJA stuff seriously. Although I would have loved to see a video of that book burning! All I did to my copies was throwing them into the trashcan.
Aquila ka-Hecate

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

ULFsurfer wrote:Yeah, I agree, don't take that KJA stuff seriously. Although I would have loved to see a video of that book burning! All I did to my copies was throwing them into the trashcan.
I couldn't bring myself to either burn or throw away the sole representative of teh Keith's work I own.

It's...a book, dammit, and therefore almost holy. :D Even if the contents are absolute shit, as they are, I still can't bring myself to murder an innocent book.

So Hunters of Dune sits on one of the shelves in my library, suitably chastised and uncomfortable by being in the august company of Frank Herbert, Robert Heinlein and Terry Pratchett.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Ampoliros wrote:See, now that's disheartening. You would want one's opponents to be of an equal caliber. Now it sounds like we're just pushing around children. I'd love to see the bleakness for myself...but then again I think that if there was something there worthy of our attention we'd know about it already.

Just one question: Are there more than 2 threads about the Superstars Writing Seminars? The answer would sum up the entire site rather nicely.
More than 2? I don't remember. All I know is that when that whole thing started, the mental gymnastics that took place would have shamed the Olympic Qualifiers, world wide. First, they all boasted the "I want to attend line", but most of them hesitated when the price tag was listed. I saw sparks in some members -- and I won't name name -- that a moment of clairty was hitting them. Momentarily. The hardcore 1-liner fanboys still raved "OH YEAH! BE THERE!"... but learning to write from KJA is like learning to write in the form of a Madlib.

Yeah... it was sad state of things, because even the 1-liner fanbase was like "oh... that's...expensive."
Long Live the Fighters.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Of course, those seminars aren't really writer workshops; they're more about what KJA obviously IS good at: selling himself and his "creative outpourings" (visualize exploding bovine colons) like the cheapest whore in Arrakeen. ;)

Speaking of which... when is the next one?
NEW! Next Superstars in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 30–May 2, 2012!

The Superstars Writing Seminars are practical, no-nonsense courses on business topics for the professional writer, taught by six prolific bestselling authors. These three days will teach you how to be a writer, not just how to write!

$699 Early Bird Special
$599 Student Rate
$399 Alumni Rate

(prices go up 5/1/11)
Oh my! What a bargain! (And look, it pays to be a repeat suck-up. :P )
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Forget learning how to write, ACTING like a writer is more important!

Fucking posers.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"