Happy Memorial Day

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: Happy Memorial Day

Post by SandRider »

http://househarwood.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... troll.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Review of HEREafter by an Internet Troll

I've not bothered to check my Amazon.com listing in a very long time, at least 3 years. I'm not surprised to see it still listed, since Amazon refused to remove the listing when I ordered them to do so back early in 2004 after HEREafter was published in May 2003.

I am somewhat surprised to discover today that someone reviewed it recently back on 14 March 2010. Guess who? SandRider!!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1 ... _cr_pr_pdp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SandRider
"Location: In the back of your mind. Always."
"E-mail: theSandRider@live.com"
"Web Page: http://www.jacurutu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
"In My Own Words: Old & Angry"
"Interests: Defending Frank Herbert's Legacy"

The only reason why SandRider went looking for the listing of my novel, in order to review it and attack me in this way, is because I am a fan of the DUNE prequels written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. SandRider, and other Internet trolls, are strongly opposed to any DUNE novels not written by original author Frank Herbert. After I posted at Twitter my desire to see the DUNE prequels turned into a TV series on SyFy, SandRider and other trolls began to attack me in ways that crossed the legal line of libel, and then pursued me in ways that amount to the legal definition of cyber stalking. One of them threatened to destroy my computer with a virus. I threatened to report all of them to the FBI Cyber Crimes Task Force by end of 29 March 2010 if they did not end the attacks on me and remove the libel against me posted at their forum website. On 29 March 2010, before I could make the report to the FBI, my computer was hacked into and Windows was destroyed. Some of the evidence I had against the trolls, which was stored on my computer, was destroyed in the process. I was knocked offline for nearly two weeks, except for accessing a computer terminal at the Norman Public Library, and at a nearby store where I ordered my new computer. My former computer was very old, had many problems, and was due to be replaced anyway - I simply had to buy the new one sooner than originally planned. And the new one, I'm now using, is significantly better than the old one. I am better off now than I was before the attack that destroyed my old computer. Also, I noticed that the posting by the trolls against me at their forum, spanning 9 pages there, abruptly stopped the day after my old computer was destroyed, as if they all knew.

SandRider's review of my novel, was posted at Amazon.com back on 14 March 2010...

I didn't get an opportunity to read this book, because it's been "out of print" since the author's original self-published run, but the description seemed familiar - like maybe, IDK, the entire basis of L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology ? So I was wondering if Mr. Harwood is a Scientologist with very limited imagination, or just lifted the entire idea for his novel, and then got a cease&desist order from Tom Cruise, and that's why the series stopped at Book One of 12,301 ? And the ship on the cover kinda looks like a Viper ....

I don't understand how anyone can reach such a bizarre conclusion - to include Scientology, as result of reading the short introduction for the first book and series, posted at Amazon, which I wrote:

HEREafter is about an expedition to Earth, long ago, which fails. A violent mutiny results in the ship falling from orbit and being destroyed. Eventually, the souls of the dead aliens are reincarnated--born into Earth human life. As they grow up on present day Earth, they begin to remember their past in dreams and nightmares. Slowly, by various methods, they become reunited and recover their star ship technology. Then, by other methods, they raise the money needed to construct a new ship. The aliens intend to return home, in human form, aboard Earth's first star ship. 12,301 alien souls were on the expedition to Earth. Each of them, from different perspectives, has at least one story to tell--about their home planets, the long voyage and failed expedition, their many human reincarnations, and now their present day quest to find a way back to the home and way of life they remember. These are their stories... for the others.

There is nothing in that description, or anywhere in my novel, which can possibly relate to Dianetics or Scientology. Blows my mind how he could possibly reach such a bizarre conclusion! WTF?!?!?! This shows just how out-of-touch with reality the trolls are, and totally insane they are in my opinion. This leap from my novel's description to the subject of Scientology bewilders me more than it angers me.

By the way, I designed everything on the original cover, except the spaceship - which was done and added to the cover by an artist at iUniverse - and it does not look anything like a "Viper" from Battlestar Galactica as the Internet cyber stalking troll named SandRider claims in his review of my novel at Amazon.

I'm certainly not a Scientologist! But in that old small world of "six degrees of separation" thing, there is a connection between me and them...

Hubbard was a parole officer with an office out on West Douglas in Wichita, long ago, before he became a famous science fiction author, before I was born in Wichita in 1956. The true story of the beginning of Dianetics is that he, with some education in psychology, developed Dianetics to help people recently released from prison to let go of their criminal past and make a clean beginning, as a kind of brain washing.

Hubbard never had anything to do with the creation of the Church of Scientology and would turn over in his grave if he knew about it! The Church of Scientology was created by a bunch of - in my opinion - criminals, after Hubbard died from a brain tumor. His son was interviewed on "60 Minutes" to reveal the truth, and his son was being hunted and threatened by - in my opinion - the criminals running the Church of Scientology! Financially, it all works like AMWAY or like a pyramid scheme business.

I've never met Tom Cruise - great actor, but regarding the subject of Scientology, I believe he is - in my opinion - insane, and he appears to become violently angry when defending it. John Travolta is not as extreme as Cruise is, so far as I know, and I'd be honored to meet Travolta even if he is a Scientologist.

I did know Kirstie Alley, born in Wichita 12 January 1951, 5 years older than me. I only met her one time, in 1964 when I was age 8 and she was 13. She is a cousin of Mike Alley, a year older than me, who was one of my best friends in my neighborhood of Forest Hills in Wichita way back then. Kirstie was known to be very bad and wild back then, always getting into all kinds of trouble! I do recall she had an interest in acting back then, and was in fact practicing to read lines for a play she was to be in when I met her at Mike's house. She is today not as crazy as Cruise is, in my opinion, but I'd not want to meet her again. It is my opinion she is a total nut case, as are most members of Scientology after Dianetics in the wrong hands screws up their minds. I do consider Dianetics to be a dangerous form of psychology when practiced by unqualified amateurs using the aspects of hypnosis an regression therapy. I consider Scientology to be organized crime, certainly not a church or religion. It is fueled by anger, violence, and especially greed. Overall, it is my opinion it is a huge scam.

I'm legally free to express statements about Dianetics and Scientology as being "my opinions" as protected by freedom of speech without crossing the legal line of libel.

It is interesting that SandRider reviews and condemns a book - my book - he has never read. Makes me wonder if he regularly does that to other authors and their novels including Kevin J. Anderson and his books. So I wonder if he has ever really read the Dune prequels. Maybe he automatically condemns anything of Dune that is not written by Frank Herbert. I've got that impression from some of the other trolls, that they condemn books without reading them. SandRider and some of the other trolls remind me of certain religious fanatics who only read the Bible, and condemn all other books without ever reading them. They acts like Frank Herbert is Jesus, and like the Dune novels by Frank are like the Bible.

I tried for 10 years to get HEREafter published through traditional agents and publishers, then gave up and accepted a deal with iUniverse that was located in Nebraska. They don't exist anymore, and were bought out by - in my opinion - a bunch of criminal scam artists known as AuthorHouse. What iUniverse did not know is I put my email address in the book for readers to contact me. Some let me know they bought it at Amazon and read it. I was surprised, because of the price being way too high - about $20 including shipping back then - so I didn't expect it to sell any copies at all. Even so, it did. At start of 2004, I inquired about my 2003 royalties. I was told by iUniverse and Amazon that there were no sales so far. So they lied to me. I was being ripped off on my royalties. The readers who bought it and read it and then contacted me could only have got the unique email address from inside the book. So I was being ripped off by iUniverse and Amazon. While iUniverse cooperated with a legal order to stop publishing it, Amazon refused to cooperate and remove it from its listing.

HEREafter did fairly well as an ebook through PuplessFiction in Australia from May 2004 to about June 2006 when PulplessFiction went out of business.

HEREafter is now a free "blog fiction" novel at my main blog http://jamescharwood.blogspot.com/p/hereafter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but there is not much interest in "blog fiction" at this time as an alternative to ebooks.

It is possible my esophagus will fail in a few months, and will result in my death. Therefore, I'm seeking a qualified individual - preferably an established science fiction author, or business, to take over the "shared universe" concept series project of HEREafter, and assume ownership and all rights for HEREafter. Free. I'm not selling it. Can't take money with me when I die. I simply do not want the project to die with me.

James C. Harwood
Posted by James C. Harwood at 4/14/2010 11:02:00 AM
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

still in the Amazon Basement:
http://www.amazon.com/Hereafter-Book-Mi ... roduct_top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hereafter: Book 1: A Mild Case of Death (Bk. 1) [Paperback]
James C. Harwood (Author)
1.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review) | Like (0)
Out of Print--Limited Availability.

Editorial Reviews
Product Description
HEREafter is about an expedition to Earth, long ago, which fails. A violent mutiny results in the ship falling from orbit and being destroyed. Eventually, the souls of the dead aliens are reincarnated--born into Earth human life. As they grow up on present day Earth, they begin to remember their past in dreams and nightmares. Slowly, by various methods, they become reunited and recover their star ship technology. Then, by other methods, they raise the money needed to construct a new ship. The aliens intend to return home, in human form, aboard Earth's first star ship. 12,301 alien souls were on the expedition to Earth. Each of them, from different perspectives, has at least one story to tell--about their home planets, the long voyage and failed expedition, their many human reincarnations, and now their present day quest to find a way back to the home and way of life they remember. These are their stories... for the others.

About the Author
James C. Harwood, born in Wichita, Kansas, on March 5, 1956. Attended WSU in 1974, KSU in 1975, and WATC 2001-2002. Former professions include electronics repair of coin operated amusement games, inventory control, and hotel/motel management. Single, no children, has not ruled out marriage to the right woman.

Product Details
Paperback: 312 pages
Publisher: iUniverse, Inc. (May 2003)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0595278833
ISBN-13: 978-0595278831
Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 1 ounces
Average Customer Review: 1.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)

Customer Review
5 of 8 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars
Copyrights ? What ?
March 14, 2010 By SandRider

This review is from: Hereafter: Book 1: A Mild Case of Death (Bk. 1) (Paperback)
I didn't get an opportunity to read this book, because it's been "out of print" since the author's original self-published run,
but the description seemed familiar - like maybe, IDK, the entire basis of L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology ? So I was wondering
if Mr. Harwood is a Scientologist with very limited imagination, or just lifted the entire idea for his novel, and then got
a cease&desist order from Tom Cruise, and that's why the series stopped at Book One of 12,301 ?
And the ship on the cover kinda looks like a Viper ....
Comments - Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion

Initial post: May 12, 2010 11:31:01 AM PDT
The Dukester says:
Holy photocopiers, Batman! That ship might as well have "I'm a Viper stolen from the Galactica" written on the side of it.
2 of 4 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you? Yes No
Posted on May 14, 2010 8:28:10 AM PDT

The Dukester says:
Wow, the other thread had like 40 comments in it before Amazon nuked it. I thought there was some halfway-decent discussion in there, too.
It's sad: the Ama-nazis will crush a long discussion like that one, yet leave all of Kevin J. Anderhack's blatantly fake 5-star reviews intact.
1 of 2 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you? Yes No

Your post, in reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2010 8:29:21 AM PDT
SandRider says:
dagnabit, you guys forgot to remind me that all comments to a review will go with the review
when the author deletes the review !!!

Jimmy just deleted his "Accute Review", taking all 40 posts of fun with him !!
he actually WON one !!
well ... good for him ..
1 of 2 people think this post adds to the discussion.

In reply to your post on May 15, 2010 2:58:40 PM PDT
James C. Harwood says:
[Deleted by the author on May 15, 2010 4:10:16 PM PDT]
Posted on May 15, 2010 4:49:44 PM PDT
James C. Harwood says:
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2010 10:28:13 AM PDT]

Your post, in reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2010 5:42:40 PM PDT
SandRider says:
Jimmy, you have SOOO much to learn about the innerwebz ....
quote/partial deleted posts/
James C. Harwood
Greetings Jacurutu members:

Bet you didn't expect this.

It was not my intention to delete the other comments section. I did not realize all of that would vanish when I deleted my review of my book. Thanks for saving it and posting it at Jacurutu.

The posting that appeared as a review by me of my own book was not intended to be for that purpose, but rather as a reply to SandRider's review. So really I should have posted it here and been the one to start this string to be more about my book than about the Jacurutu vs KJA conflict.

The Dukster is absolutely correct that I should not have posted my reply as a review. After giving that further thought, I decided to delete it, finally being in agreement with The Dukster, on that particular point, and a few others as well. Consequently,...

James C. Harwood
Greetings Jacurutu members:

Bet you didn't expect this. [I had to delete and then repost this after making changes it ot, due to a change in plans. I'll be away on a trrip until Tuesday 1 June 2010.]

It was not my intention to delete the other comments section. I did not realize all of that would vanish when I deleted my review of my book. Thanks for saving it and posting it at Jacurutu.

The posting that appeared as a review by me of my own book was not intended to be for that purpose, but rather as a reply to SandRider's review. So really I should have posted it here and been the one to start this string to be more about my book than about the Jacurutu vs KJA conflict.

The Dukster is absolutely correct that I should not have posted my reply as a review. After giving that further...
/quote

gimme a minute, and I'll dig up the rest of the two posts ...
and since the other comment thread was saved, it could all be re-posted here,
or, we could just go again ....

I should update my review, or post another one, because I have now read the first chapter
of HEREafter ... 15 minutes of my life I'll not get back, BTW, and you told me NO STORY,
Jimmy, just ramblings and horribly worse-than-pedestrian writing ... legless-Vietnam-Vet
in-a-cart-on-the-corner-begging-for-change writing ...

and as to your previous denial that HEREafter is autobiographical, well, don't make me pull
out the quotes, just from the first few paragraphs ...

so, my review so far would read : "HEREafter is too poor a piece of writing to mock; the author
is obviously delusional and pathetic; this is not a real book, and barely qualifies as BlogFiction.
I can't understand why Kevin J. Anderson hasn't jumped at the opportunity to write in the
HEREafter Universe ....

Posted on May 16, 2010 7:08:55 PM PDT
The Dukester says:
Just for the sake of accuracy:
That was actually Omphalos, not me, who made the "authors shouldn't 5-star their own work" argument.

Your post, in reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2010 8:34:55 AM PDT
SandRider says:
correct, and I was also correct in asserting elsewhere that Jimmy had removed the review and
not Amazon ... I performed this admirable feat of deduction based on vast experience with the
world of Amazon and Their Self-Published Authors .... one, that the Amazon admins are alseep
at the wheel of these pages, and only respond to the Monied Interests; and two, Charwood's
the kind of internet milquetoast that would delete his review when the comments got embarrassing
or too close to the truth for his comfort; altho, I'll be generous and allow the possibility that the
reasons he stated, being he agreed that an author shouldn't 5-star his own book, that he was trying
to respond to me, and that he didn't know the comments would be taken down as well, are sorta
factually correct and close enough, maybe .... given his general lack of understanding of the internet,
it's not a stretch to believe he doesn't understand how the Amazon Review Pages work, too ...

BTW, Jimmy, quit lurking at Jacurutu, sign-up and post ...

In reply to your post on May 19, 2010 5:29:18 AM PDT
James C. Harwood says:
SandRider wrote:
"dagnabit, you guys forgot to remind me that all comments to a review will go with the review
when the author deletes the review !!!
Jimmy just deleted his "Accute Review", taking all 40 posts of fun with him !!
he actually WON one !!
well ... good for him .."

Thanks. Brought a tear to me eye.

Posted on May 20, 2010 8:32:14 AM PDT
James C. Harwood says:
The only good thing that came out of SandRider's review, is that I really didn't know about any similarities between any content in my novel as presented in the Introduction and the beliefs of the Church of Scientology. Thanks for reposting those details over at Jacurutu. Reads like Twilight Zone material. It is just a coincidence. A bizarre coincidence, but just a coincidence. I plan to look into that in June 2010 after I return from a vacation and series of trips. The printed paperback version of HEREafter is no longer available, and neither is the ebook version, so it really does not matter for those. However, I can and might make changes to the new free "blog fiction" version at my blog, so that it has nothing in common with the beliefs of the Church of Scientology. If I do make changes, then I will use what SandRider posted at Jacurutu as a guide for what needs to be changed or removed from HEREafter, so there are no more bizarre similarities with Church of Scientology beliefs. When SandRider first posted the Scientology remark in his review, I though he was crazy and just making it up to attack me because of my former position supporting Kevin J. Anderson and his novels. But after reading the additional material provided by SandRider in the other string and reposted at Jacurutu, I can understand his conclusion now. So I do sincerely now thank SandRider for having brought this matter to my attention.
Comments - Showing 11-16 of 16 posts in this discussion

Your post, in reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 8:01:05 AM PDT
SandRider says:
ScienceBlogFictionWriter James Charwood sez:
"When SandRider first posted the Scientology remark in his review, I though he was crazy and just making it up to attack me because of my former position supporting Kevin J. Anderson and his novels."

your story : aliens come to earth in distant past, get wiped out, souls merge with indigenous life (humans),
after a long period of time, the truth is slowly revealed ...

COS: ditto, except you pay them $$$$ to speed up the process; also, I think you intended the book to
be entertainment/fiction and the COS says it's the True History of Earth ....

but anyway, why would I throw Scientology at a fan of the TheKJA ?
Keith has repeatedly denied connection with the COS .... have you, as a the TheKJASFer been briefed on
the secret Truth of the TheKJA ? is it true he/it is actually a segment of L. Ron's gigantic oversized brain
kept in a jar in the actual office of L. Ron just off K street in washington D.C. ?

glad to see you couldn't stay away - I'm sure we'll see you back at Jacurutu after your holiday trips ...
Happy Thanksgiving, Jimmy !

Your post, in reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 8:13:47 PM PDT
SandRider says:
Monday, May 24, 2010
Novel Traveler Blog and HEREafter Novels under New Owner
LEGAL NOTICE
May 24, 2010

This "Novel Traveler" blog and "HEREafter Novels" is now under new ownership and new administration by me, Frank Walden, Attorney, Norman, Oklahoma.

Mr. James C. Harwood, the former owner of this blog and author of the novels, has left the Internet due to a decline in health. He is expected to die within a few months from acid reflux damage to his esophagus with relating complications including bleeding stomach ulcers. He was signing papers in my office today, turning materials over to me, and granting access to this blog, when he collapsed from a bleeding stomach ulcer.

I am in the process of familiarizing myself with this blog's content and the HEREafter Novels material as I have time.

New authors of science fiction, writers of political and spiritual articles, may be added to this blog in the future. It is my understanding that Google allows up to a total of 100 authors per Blogger blog. Interested writers should send an email to hereafternovels@gmail.com and I will reply within 30 days.

This "Novel Traveler" blog will continue to be a "MULTI-PURPOSE MULTI-SUBJECT BLOG AS AN E-MAGAZINE of Art - Celebrities - Blog Fiction - Books - Movies - Music - TV - News - Politics - Religion - and Sports."

HEREafter © paperback novel May 2003
HEREafter © ebook May 2004
HEREafter © free blog fiction version May 2010
All Rights Reserved

Material at this blog may not be copied
in whole or in part
without the written approval of the
Blog Owner and Administrator
hereafternovels@gmail.com

Frank Walden, Attorney
Norman, Oklahoma
Posted by Frank Walden, Attorney at 5/24/2010 09:52:00 PM
Labels: HEREafter Novels, James C. Harwood, Norman Oklahoma USA
just for fun, g'head & google "Frank Walden, Attorney" ....

Your post: May 26, 2010 10:01:46 PM PDT
SandRider says:
James Charwood, Science BlogFiction Writer and ED-quality loon,
is about to fake his own death on the internet, in the mis-guided belief
that this will cause me to leave him alone and not make fun of him on
teh innerwebz ....

James Charwood, Science BlogFiction Writer and ED-quality loon, in the sockpuppet of Frank Warden,
high-priced influential powerful lawyer-guy and the basis for the Spader character on Boston Legal wrote:

Warning: Cyberstalking is a Crime
Cyberstalking is a Crime
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The current US Federal Anti-Cyber-Stalking law is found at 47 USC sec. 223
http://www.wiredsafety.org/cyberstalkin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nglaw.html

The cyberbullying vs cyberstalking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cyberterrorism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberterrorism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harassment by computer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harassment_by_computer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hate group
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_group" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Defamation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cyber Crimes Task Forces - FBI
http://www.fbi.gov/cyberinvest/computer_intrusions.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Internet Crime Complaint Center
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A wrongful death lawsuit may be brought against those whose cyberstalking cause the decline in health and resulting death of a targeted individual.

Frank A. Walden, Attorney
Norman, Oklahoma
Posted by Frank A. Walden at 5/26/2010 08:33:00 AM
Labels: cyberstalking, Internet crimes
since "Frank Walden, Attorney, Norman, Oklahoma" does not exist,
I cannot reply to the implied threat in this post - but, "Frank", if Jimmy *does* die,
and you can somehow prove this, (ie, that you (Frank) are not Jimmy (you)) and that
he (you) is/are really dead, well ... bring on that wrongful death lawsuit - and you could
get the real Frank Walden in Orlando, who happens to specialize in bogus suits like this
to give you pointers - altho he might be kinda mad at you (Jimmy)(you) for hitting on his
name for your fake attorney (Oklahomo Frank, not Orlando Frank)(the first of whom is still you (Jimmy))

and somehow, I don't think the news of your death will help the sales of HEREafter ...
and I've already read as much as I could stomach on several of your deleted blahgs,
but what the heck, I'm a generous guy ... if you do die, I'll buy a copy ... tell Frank
to put that in your will ... or if you're dead already by the time I finish typing this,
Frank, go ahead and send me a copy of the paperback ... the box is under the
card table in Jimmy's bedroom, there's only a few missing from the top ...

email me for mailing address - thesandrider@live.com
1 of 1 people think this post adds to the discussion.

Your post: May 27, 2010 10:40:21 PM PDT
SandRider says:
ATTENTION FRANK WALDEN :

I had some questions concerning Jimmy's "death", so I emailed the last known address,
and received this response :
Mr. James C. Harwood, science fiction author, of Norman Oklahoma USA,is deceased. Before he died, he turned over to me access to all of hisInternet accounts, ownership of his novels, and administration of hisblog. I am in the process of closing all of his Internet accounts atTwitter and Facebook, while maintaining his blog and this emailaddress. Respond further if you have any questions. I am Frank A.Walden, Intellectual Properties Attorney, Norman, Oklahoma, USA. -- Frank A. Walden,Intellectual Properties Attorney,Norman, Oklahoma, USA
well, I did have some questions, so I further responded, and got this reply:
Mr. James C. Harwood, science fiction author, of Norman Oklahoma USA,is deceased. Before he died, he turned over to me access to all of hisInternet accounts, ownership of his novels, and administration of hisblog. I am in the process of closing all of his Internet accounts atTwitter and Facebook, while maintaining his blog and this emailaddress. Respond further if you have any questions. I am Frank A.Walden, Intellectual Properties Attorney, Norman, Oklahoma, USA. -- Frank A. Walden,Intellectual Properties Attorney,Norman, Oklahoma, USA
also,the last open blahg of James C. Harwood, Deceased Science BlogFiction Writer, is now closed,
even tho a posting on the date of the announcement of Jimmy's "death" said the blahg would remain
open until June 1, I'm assuming the date of the Reading of the Will ...

of course, we all know what's in the will, don't we Frankie ?
Jimmy left everything to *you*....

he signed the papers in your office and ... died the very next day ...

coincidence ?
I don't care, but let's see what the Norman Police have to say ...

Your post, in reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 8:29:24 PM PDT
SandRider says:
why can't I have fun like this anymore ?
where are the loons, the fruitcakes, the wingnuts with blahgs, O Lord ?
1 of 1 people think this post adds to the discussion.

In reply to your post on Apr 11, 2011 8:57:14 AM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
You should get to know Marilyn. Try the Science Fiction or Aliens communities.
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

not our Jimmy :
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/obituari ... rwood.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also not our Jimmy:
http://www.tributes.com/show/91205534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or this:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... d=20878402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

oh, shit ....

stop the goddamn presses .......

http://hereafterbooks.blogspot.com/2011 ... th_30.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Oh. My. GAWD.

Saturday, April 30, 2011
Review of HEREafter, Book One: A Mild Case of Death
Book Review by Thomas Oliver Penn
Saturday 30 April 2011

HEREafter, Book One: A Mild Case of Death
Adventure Science Fiction
by James C. Harwood

I have the advantage of having read the original 1963 version of "HEREafter" written by James C. Harwood Sr born in 1926, and the updated 2003 version modified by James C. Harwood Jr born in 1956, both of whom are now deceased. I have acquired All Rights to both versions from the sole surviving member of that family, Jillian Locke of London England. Although I'm not new to computers, I am new to the Internet as of July 2010, and I've had no previous interest in the genre of science fiction. This is the one exception so far because of its origin ties to actual history, which is a genre of interest to me.

The HERE of "HEREafter" is in all capital letters because it relates to life after death here on earth, meaning reincarnation. It's about an alien expedition to earth. Soon after arrival there is a mutiny, causing the alien star ship to fall to earth and be destroyed. A few aliens survive at a land base for nearly a year. Like the Martians in the original "War of the Worlds" novel and 1953 movie, immunity problems cause their death. Before they die, they use scout craft to deliver and bury time capsules at various locations on earth. In the meantime, a great war in heaven causes all inhabited worlds to be placed under a spiritual quarantine, blocking all souls from ascending into heaven. The alien souls are trapped on earth, forced into reincarnations along with normal earth human souls. Now on present day earth they remember their alien past. Then with the help of an angelic being they recover the time capsules containing the history and location of their home worlds, and information on how to build a star ship. It requires a lot of money to do that today, especially in secrecy. Remember the mutiny. Two opposing groups of aliens. The conservatives among them have learned religion is big business and have created a new religion to raise the money. The liberals have learned that "sex sells" and they are using the big business of the sex industry to raise the money. So the race is on, between the two opposing groups, to build earth's first star ship. That is where Book One ends. It is subtitled "A Mild Case of Death."

The story of "HEREafter" is told by alternating between interview scenes, and narrated events remembered by the person being interviewed, very much like the 1994 movie "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles." When he wrote the 2003 version of "HEREafter" James Jr was also influenced by the 1985 movie "Lifeforce" based on the novel "The Space Vampires." Ironically, a church declared James Jr himself to be a vampire and condemned him to fry in hell for having accepted an emergency blood transfusion at a hospital. That was not the first conflict that Harwood family had with religious fanatics who have such bizarre beliefs. There is a true story behind the novel, which could be titled "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Joke." After all, "HEREafter" is not just an "Adventure Science Fiction" novel. Legally, it is a grand parody!

Harwood Sr, owner of the Harwood Oil Company in Kansas, had a legal conflict in 1961 with Later-day Saints. He wanted the legal right to drill a well on property owned by the Mormon Church. They wanted him to join their church and give them all of the revenue of oil sold from that well, plus 10% of revenue from oil sold from all of his other wells. They gave him a copy of "The Book of Mormon" to read, including the less known but controversial book titled "The Pearl of Great Price" containing the very controversial book titled "The Book of Abraham." Therein is the story about distant worlds of a star named Kolob. Mormons do not usually talk openly about the life they believe their souls had before this life, elsewhere.

In 1823, Joseph Smith Jr found and dug up a kind of buried time capsule containing gold plates on which were writings in another language. An angelic being appeared to Smith, according to his own testimony, and gave him the ability to translate the writings into English. From those writings the Mormon Church was born. As Paul Harvey would say, now you know "the rest of the story." Almost.

James C. Harwood Sr concluded the Mormons are crazy, didn't join their church, and didn't get to drill the well on their property. So he originally wrote "HEREafter" in 1963 as a parody of their beliefs for retaliation.

James C. Harwood Jr died from a bleeding stomach ulcer in May 2010 while engaged in a legal conflict with his x-wife, and was having his attorney make and keep a copy of the manuscript. He only died for a couple of minutes, at first. Doctors revived him, treated and released him. He had no health insurance, so care was minimal. He then died a short time later at a different hospital in Oklahoma City. Harwood Sr died a few months later. Harwood Jr's x-wife died in a car accident in December 2010. His sister, now the sole surviving legal owner, turned all of the material over to me and granted me certain legal rights for republication, and the planned series of books.

The older UK printed version of "HEREafter" by James Sr and the newer US printed version by James Jr didn't do well in sales. James Jr's version had a fairly good run as an ebook from May 2004 to June 2006. At least 3000 sales were confirmed by readers who joined his Yahoo! Group. The ebook publisher, another science fiction writer, located in Australia, had a heart attack, which he survived, but then for health reasons closed his ebook publishing business. Hopefully, "HEREafter" doesn't have a curse on it.

James Jr's primary modification was to write the story as a "shared universe" concept for other authors to write books for the planned series. During April 2011 an author in the UK has started combining the 1963 original with the 2003 version. Another author in the UK has been writing six new books for the "HEREafter" series, and those are nearly ready for publication as paperbacks, and to be Kindle ebooks sold through Amazon.

James Jr's brother-in-law, his sister's husband in England, is a race car driver who I built a race car for a few years ago. And as an archeologist I've worked with James Jr's sister who also is an archaeologist. A relating interest of mine is historical research. On the side, I decided to start my own small publishing business for nonfiction historical books. I'm already experienced with intellectual property management, so I decided to seek the legal rights to books of certain dead authors to be republished. The original "HEREafter" by James Sr combined with the newer "HEREafter" by James Jr will be my first of such projects involving science fiction. I've set up this temporary website at Google's Blogger titled "Hereafter Books" until I get my own dot com website for the new business.

Thomas Oliver Penn

HEREafter is the first novel of deceased authors to be legally obtained and reproduced for republication by Hereafter Books. Blogger is being used as a temporary website until a dot com website is created for Hereafter Books intellectual properties management for dead authors. And just because they are dead, does not mean they are not here after.
Posted by Thomas Oliver Penn at 4/30/2011 10:50:00 AM
Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Labels: book reviews, HEREafter, James C. Harwood, science fiction, Thomas Oliver Penn
Thomas Oliver Penn

Astrological Sign: Cancer
Industry: Science

About Me

Born 7 July 1977 Austin Texas USA. Finished building new race car, got sponsor, got young but experienced driver, entering car next NASCAR season. Obtaining legal rights to reproduce novels of deceased authors.
Interests

Auto Racing
Intellectual Properties
Historical Research

Favorite Movies

Historical Fiction
Science Fiction
Adventure

Favorite Music

Celtic

Favorite Books

Alternate History Fiction
Science Fiction
Adventure
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

It. Gets. BETTER.

http://twitter.com/#!/CharlesHarwood" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Charles Harwood
@CharlesHarwood US Central Time
Historical Researcher. Writer. Likes historical science fiction, alternate history. Music videos & sports fan. Unaffiliated politics & religion.
http://charlesharwood.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tweets

Charles Harwood
CharlesHarwood Charles Harwood
I'm holding off on new postings at Blogger until it becomes stable again. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
14 May
RF Sterling
ExpeditionNovel RF Sterling
by CharlesHarwood
Please join the free & easy to use Expedition Novel Forum http://expeditionnovel.yuku.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for many different subjects.
8 May
Charles Harwood
Happy #Fringe Friday in both universes!
6 May
RF Sterling
by CharlesHarwood
I don't know how many Navy Seals were involved but here's my own special tribute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iteRKvRKFA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 May
Charles Harwood
Happy Monday!
2 May
Charles Harwood
Happy MAY DAY everyone! Got rain where I am this morning.
1 May
Charles Harwood
I hope all of you have a fine Friday! I'll check return here later today. Heigh ho, heigh ho, it is off to whatever I go!
29 Apr
Charles Harwood
I've modified my Twitter profile, avatar, background, and my blog http://charlesharwood.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
29 Apr
Charles Harwood
I'm watching CNN TV live coverage of royal wedding this morning, while having breakfast with a history research associate.
29 Apr
Charles Harwood
Greetings all. I hope everyone is having a thrilling Thursday.
28 Apr
Charles Harwood
New personal journal posting at my blog http://charlesharwood.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
25 Apr
Charles Harwood
Good morning all. Have a good day!
25 Apr
Charles Harwood
Some lightning hits shook the ground during storm. Now just heavy rain. Might need to get a boat.
24 Apr
Charles Harwood
My personal journal & TV schedule for this week posted at http://charlesharwood.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
24 Apr
Expedition Soul
ExpeditionSoul Expedition Soul
by CharlesHarwood
Happy Easter! - Happy Resurrection Sunday http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
24 Apr
The Weather Channel
weatherchannel The Weather Channel
by CharlesHarwood
With multiple severe weather outbreaks on tap, Dr. Forbes says that we are in for a "very bad week ahead". http://wxch.nl/hGW1fw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
24 Apr
Charles Harwood
Here in #Norman #Oklahoma now 57F getting colder, windy, cloudy, has been some light rain. Chance severe t-storms later today.
23 Apr
Charles Harwood
CNN reporting the significant damage from tornadoes and severe t-storms that hit St Louis Missouri last night.
23 Apr
Charles Harwood
CNN reporting Lambert Airport at St Louis Missouri "closed indefinitely" due to significant damage. Also Reuters - http://reut.rs/dQqSPS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
23 Apr
Charles Harwood
Have a good night, everyone!
22 Apr
TWC Breaking
TWCBreaking TWC Breaking
by CharlesHarwood
Tracking live on TWC Now RT @twckellycass: Take cover in St. Louis metro area, tornado headed your way! Funnel cloud spotted west of city!
22 Apr
Charles Harwood
All local TV stations back to regular programing now, only breaking in with weather reports during commercials.
22 Apr
Charles Harwood
@
@AIARoofing Like being on roof to watching shooting stars but I've not seen Elvis in UFO yet. http://youtu.be/LUy8-triBHQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
22 Apr
KOKH FOX 25
OKCFOX KOKH FOX 25
by CharlesHarwood
A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING is in effect until 8PM for Cleveland, Lincoln, McClain, Pottawatomie, Pontotoc, and... http://fb.me/LZDeqbqK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
22 Apr
Charles Harwood
Major t-storms teasing #Norman #Oklahoma to SE, line of storms dropping tornadoes, moving NE. Local TV stations continue live coverage
22 Apr
Charles Harwood
@
@iowa_card I recall a news story about someone creating the computer program as a contest to see if fakes could be recognized.
18 Apr
Charles Harwood
@
@iowa_card Yes, those too, the extra ignorant ones - probably idiots instead of computer-generated.
18 Apr
Charles Harwood
@
@iowa_card And many of the fakes, all different accounts, began with the exact same first tweet: "Can you hear me now?"
18 Apr
Charles Harwood
@
@iowa_card And many of the fakes have followers and following many, but haven't done any tweets at all!
18 Apr
Charles Harwood
@
@iowa_card What's funny is the male names with female pics, and profiles ending in mid-sentence.
18 Apr
Charles Harwood
Getting a lot of new fake computer generated followers this morning. So easy to recognize the fakes. I wonder who is making them & why.
18 Apr
Charles Harwood
I wonder if during summer we have a wind fry factor with hot temps & strong wind like wind chill factor during winter with cold temps.
18 Apr
Good Morning America
GMA Good Morning America
by CharlesHarwood
Tornadoes Hit North Carolina Hardest: 60 tornadoes sweep through the Southern state http://abcn.ws/gRuDmc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
18 Apr
Charles Harwood
Good morning, all, and whatever it is where others are elsewhere! I've made another change to my Twitter background picture.
18 Apr
CNN Breaking News
cnnbrk CNN Breaking News
by CharlesHarwood
NOAA's Storm Prediction Center says it received reports of at least 230 tornadoes in past 3 days #weather http://on.cnn.com/hRVxtY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
17 Apr
Charles Harwood
I can small smoke in the air outside here in #Norman - wind gusting 30+ out of SSW. Maybe it is the #wildfire near #Pernell #Oklahoma
17 Apr
Charles Harwood
Wildfires Raging Across Central Oklahoma http://bit.ly/e1aUjn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
17 Apr
Charles Harwood
@
@FringeScientist Is that the "Frank" ebook now at Kindle? Good luck with it! Post link when ready.
17 Apr
Charles Harwood
Nice weather this Sunday morning #Norman #Oklahoma but expected to get windy today.
17 Apr
Tony Healey
FringeScientist Tony Healey
by CharlesHarwood
Buy FRANK: A Short Story by Tony Healey @fringescientist http://smashwords.com/b/54005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #kindle #nook #scifi
17 Apr
Charles Harwood
Good morning US followers, and good afternoon to others on the other side of the great pond!
17 Apr
Tony Healey
FringeScientist Tony Healey
by CharlesHarwood
FRANK: A Short Story by Tony Healey @fringescientist at #smashwords http://smashwords.com/b/54005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; plz RT #kindle #nook #smashwords
17 Apr
Charles Harwood
Happy Birthday! Henry Mancini born on April 16, 1924 - Pink Panther Theme Song http://youtu.be/Q0RutCQ4oQk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
16 Apr
Charles Harwood
Celebrity Birthdays April 16 http://www.celebrity-link.com/birthday_ ... nth-4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
16 Apr
Charles Harwood
Day 106 of Year 2011 - April 16 - Events in History http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
16 Apr
Charles Harwood
NASCAR on ESPN2 today 1pm-5pm CDT.
16 Apr
Charles Harwood
My next shopping trip will be 11am today or soon after 9am on Monday.
16 Apr
Charles Harwood
T-storms & tornadoes ripped across SE US last night & into early this Saturday morning. I'm watching CNN & TWC for updates.
16 Apr
Charles Harwood
I'll be watching #Fringe tonight.
15 Apr
TWC Breaking
TWCBreaking TWC Breaking
by CharlesHarwood
Report of a tornado crossing I-55 south of Jackson near Crystal Springs, Miss. http://wxch.nl/g5ooHz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
OK Crisis Mappers
okfires OK Crisis Mappers
by CharlesHarwood
#OKFire reported at NE Wolf Rd & Kenney Rd - #FletcherOK FD being dispatched.
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
My 3 favorite #DoctorWho actors/characters http://bit.ly/eM41ip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; And it looks like I've found someone to play chess with!
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Vangelis - The Bounty (End Theme) http://youtu.be/7piGHeUUS0E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
CNN Breaking News
cnnbrk CNN Breaking News
by CharlesHarwood
Tornadoes touch down in #Mississippi and #Alabama. http://on.cnn.com/htbUwX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
I have my jacket on inside now. Might fix chili for lunch, with cheese & crackers added.
15 Apr
TWC Breaking
TWCBreaking TWC Breaking
by CharlesHarwood
#Tornado reported by near Barlow, AL (Washington Co.) moving northeast at 40 mph! Take cover now! http://wxch.nl/hcS0bQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #alwx
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
@
@iowa_card I wonder if we'll start having well-defined hurricane-like storms over land now with crazy weather this season.
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Keeping an eye on wild fire danger with the strong winds here in #Oklahoma.
15 Apr
Oklahoma Fire
OklahomaFire Oklahoma Fire
by CharlesHarwood
#okfire #LawtonOK Structure Fire 2505 SE Lee Blvd, Visible Smoke & Flames.
15 Apr
OK Crisis Mappers
okfires OK Crisis Mappers
by CharlesHarwood
Scanner traffic: trampoline flying down road in #LawtonOK #okwx #okwind #okdust
15 Apr
TWC Breaking
TWCBreaking TWC Breaking
by CharlesHarwood
Structural damage reported in Choctaw County, Ala.
15 Apr
TWC Breaking
TWCBreaking TWC Breaking
by CharlesHarwood
This supercell has spawned at least 1 #tornado. Reports of damage in SW Ala. http://wxch.nl/eHWCOr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Alert: http://wxch.nl/e7ybRg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
The presently 1-sided hurricane-like storm over central-SE US is spinning counter-clockwise.
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Looks like center of hurricane over Kansas City on TWC #weather radar http://bit.ly/eqGP6Z" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with worst of it in SE US states.
15 Apr
KFOR
kfor KFOR
by CharlesHarwood
Reports of wind taking down multiple power lines in OKC. 170 w/o power in metro. OG&E power outage map here. http://bit.ly/5m7l0d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
TWC Breaking
TWCBreaking TWC Breaking
by CharlesHarwood
#Tornado warning includes Starkville, MS. Alert: http://wxch.nl/ig113i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Radar: http://wxch.nl/dLDjEb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #mswx
15 Apr
RF Sterling
by CharlesHarwood
From @jajatv Jaja.tv #Fringe feed http://jaja.tv/Fringe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Now 54F wind W at 24 to 35mph - Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8pm CDT. #Norman #Oklahoma
15 Apr
TWC Breaking
TWCBreaking TWC Breaking
by CharlesHarwood
Storm chaser Vincent Webb (@severestudios) streaming destruction in west Jackson metro. Cars flipped and crushed. #tornado
15 Apr
Breaking News
BreakingNews Breaking News
by CharlesHarwood
Ark. governor: 2 Little Rock deaths push state death toll to 7 in violent weather outbreak http://bit.ly/ein3xK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
KOCO-5 Oklahoma City
koconews KOCO-5 Oklahoma City
by CharlesHarwood
Fallin Plans Tour Of Tornado-Ravaged Area http://bit.ly/e5j1JS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #news #oklahoma
15 Apr
TWC Breaking
TWCBreaking TWC Breaking
by CharlesHarwood
#Tornado tracking across Rose Barnett Reservoir N of Jackson, MS per NWS and reservoir tower. Radar: http://wxch.nl/htBXhO" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
The Weather Channel
weatherchannel The Weather Channel
by CharlesHarwood
Follow our coverage of the Southeast #tornado outbreak @TWCBreaking.
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
I just realized how much the temperature dropped with the arrival of extra strong wind. Now 49F. Frequent wind gusts 40-50mph WNW.
15 Apr
TVbytheNumbers.com
TVbytheNumbers TVbytheNumbers.com
by CharlesHarwood
Fox Gives Props To 'Fringe' Fans; Fans Can Win 'Fringe' Props In Weekly Giveaway Beginning Today http://bit.ly/fdgXvp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
CNN Weather Center
CNNweather CNN Weather Center
by CharlesHarwood
7 now confirmed dead from last night's storms: 5 in Arkansas and 2 in Oklahoma
15 Apr
CNN Weather Center
CNNweather CNN Weather Center
by CharlesHarwood
As of 10:30am ET there were 35,900 customers without power in the state of Arkansas
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
I've changed my Twitter background to NASCAR. I'll do a different sports wallpaper each month for some months.
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Sometimes nearly dead calm, then sudden massive tidal wave of air blasting through like a nuke explosion.
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
The Association - Windy (1967) http://youtu.be/Qlqwpq7xycU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
THEY CALL THE WIND MARIA music video http://bit.ly/fRBOGf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
OMG. the wind here
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Rough night last night. The nanobugs almost carried me away, tried to abduct me, drain most of my blood.
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Using IE browser to use http://bit.ly/g7qw4Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; live stream video of the Pagoda fire in Tacoma, WA via CNN
15 Apr
CNN Live
CNNLive CNN Live
by CharlesHarwood
Firefighters attempt to extinguish a fire at the iconic Pagoda structure at a park in Tacoma, WA. Live: http://on.cnn.com/cnndcl4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
The Daily Beast
thedailybeast The Daily Beast
by CharlesHarwood
Five Killed in Okla., Ark. Storms...Tornado leaves 350 homeless. #cheatsheet via @ap http://thebea.st/gyrlWP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Tornadoes & T-Storms last night were east of I-35, southeast of #OKC & #Norman #Oklahoma
15 Apr
Mary Fallin
GovMaryFallin Mary Fallin
by CharlesHarwood
Prayers go out to those mourning loss of loved ones & those whose homes were damaged or destroyed in last night's storms. #okstorms
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
I'm looking forward to watching #Fringe tonight. Leonard Nimoy returns!--more or less!
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Happy Friday everyone!
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
I've changed my Twitter avatar picture and background picture.
15 Apr
Charles Harwood
Good morning, creatures of #Norman #Oklahoma, for another good weather day!
13 Apr
Expedition Soul
ExpeditionSoul Expedition Soul
by CharlesHarwood
My #prayers out to people of #Mapleton #Iowa hit by #tornado yesterday. http://bit.ly/gpW62O" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; video http://bit.ly/gGKqUX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
10 Apr
The Daily Beast
thedailybeast The Daily Beast
by CharlesHarwood
The Crisis in Medicare & Private Health Insurance Leads to Rationing, One Way Or Another http://thebea.st/ggsBpA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on @DailyDish
8 Apr
Charles Harwood
I'm monitoring CNN on my big TV and The Weather Channel on my small TV for updates on new Japan earthquake and tsunami warning.
7 Apr
The Associated Press
AP The Associated Press
by CharlesHarwood
Here's our latest story on today's strong aftershock off Japan's coast: http://apne.ws/fzglA2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. We continue to pursue details. -EC
7 Apr
Wall Street Journal
WSJ Wall Street Journal
by CharlesHarwood
Breaking: Tsunami warning issued after a 7.4-magnitude aftershock hits off Japan's coast. http://on.wsj.com/fzv3mR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7 Apr
CNN Breaking News
cnnbrk CNN Breaking News
by CharlesHarwood
#Tsunami warning issued after new #Japan earthquake. http://on.cnn.com/gN6EUX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7 Apr
Charles Harwood
Breaking news on CNN: New major earthquake has just hit Japan and new tsunami warning issued.
7 Apr
Charles Harwood
I'm not getting over to Medieval Fair #Norman #Oklahoma this year due to other demands time & money. Wish it were 1st week in May.
3 Apr
Charles Harwood
Medieval Fair begins today here in #Norman #Oklahoma
1 Apr
Charles Harwood
Greetings new followers. Have a good Friday & weekend!
1 Apr
Wall Street Journal
WSJ Wall Street Journal
by CharlesHarwood
Google settled with the FTC over complaint that Google Buzz used "deceptive tactics" and violated privacy http://on.wsj.com/h31bnp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
30 Mar
Charles Harwood
Searching for new followers here in #Oklahoma especially #Norman
24 Mar
Charles Harwood
Cool night in forecast Norman Oklahoma. Next shopping day is Friday. Had pizza for dinner. Will watch Survivor on CBS next at 7pm CT.
23 Mar
Charles Harwood
Hope everyone having good Wednesday afternoon!
23 Mar
Charles Harwood
Hopefully light rain we had earlier this morning will help reduce fire danger today. Sun breaking through clouds now. Still strong wind.
22 Mar
News 9
NEWS9 News 9
by CharlesHarwood
Thunderstorms Could Bring Heavy Rain, Hail In Parts Of Oklahoma http://bit.ly/h5yVNc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
19 Mar
Charles Harwood
Happy "Super Moon" Saturday, everyone! Full moon tonight, closest to Earth in about 18 years.
19 Mar
Charles Harwood
HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!
17 Mar
Charles Harwood
Norman Oklahoma Weather - Enter your Zip Code for your area. http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Norman+OK+73069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
17 Mar
Charles Harwood
Have a good day, everyone! I'll check back here later.
17 Mar
Charles Harwood
Donald Trump to be on ABC Good Morning America at 7am.
17 Mar
Charles Harwood
Oklahoma Native Among Missing Journalists In Libya http://www.koco.com/news/27222298/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
17 Mar
Charles Harwood
I'm watching CNN right now, about Japan disaster. I'm going to watch Survivor on CBS TV at 8/7c, a fav show.. Have a good night, everyone!
16 Mar
Syfy Update
SyfyUpdate Syfy Update
by CharlesHarwood
Oklahoman in finals of SyFy competition `Face Off' tonight http://sns.ly/3nc5y9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
16 Mar
4Warn Storm Team
KFORweather 4Warn Storm Team
by CharlesHarwood
Mild & breezy tonight, lo:57. Fire Danger=extreme..p.cloudy, hot & windy St. Patty's, hi:83! Few rain chances on the way...join us on NC4!
16 Mar
Oklahoma Forum
OklahomaForum Oklahoma Forum
by CharlesHarwood
Oklahoma House approves legislation to revive economic development fund to attract businesses to the state and create jobs. #ONR
16 Mar
Charles Harwood
Finally some better weather here in Norman Oklahoma. I was at grocery store earlier, and surprised by few number of other customers there.
16 Mar
Charles Harwood
Get ready for the Super Moon on March 19 http://yhoo.it/haAB6y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15 Mar
Charles Harwood
Sunrise not until 7:42 this morning due to Daylight Savings Time. Norman OK Almanac http://www.almanac.com/sun/rise/OK/Norman/2011-03-14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
14 Mar
Charles Harwood
When Japan got hit, so did Oklahoma - Magnitude 3.2 - OKLAHOMA 2011 March 11 10:56:23 UTC http://1.usa.gov/getdko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
14 Mar
WSJ's What They Know
WhatTheyKnow WSJ's What They Know
by CharlesHarwood
Time's latest cover story: Data Mining -- How Companies Now Know Everything About You http://ti.me/i4ExbE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
10 Mar
Back to top ↑
Charles HarwoodAbout @CharlesHarwood

124Tweets
136Following
27Followers
2Listed

Following136

[Blogger]
[Rainsoft]
[ok_politics]
[ExploreOklahoma]
[old_prue]
[MauriceRoncalli]
[GlennGThater]
[OKWXTracker]
[USA_Network]
[scifigeeks]
[JeffProbst]
[DanicaPatrick]
[shakira]

Similar to @CharlesHarwood · view all

ExpeditionSoul
ExpeditionSoul · Follow
Expedition Soul
ExploreOklahoma
ExploreOklahoma · Follow
Norman Expedition
HereafterBooks
HereafterBooks · Follow
Thomas Oliver Penn
WebFictionWorld
WebFictionWorld · Follow
Web Fiction World

IT'S A MEMORIAL DAY MIRACLE !!!@!!
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

oh, Jimmy.

it IS our Jimmy ... or Charlie ... or RF Sterling ... Tom Penn ...

http://twitter.com/#!/ExpeditionSoul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://expeditionnovel.yuku.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://twitter.com/#!/ExpeditionNovel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://charlesharwood.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:tissue2:

OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE ALIVE !!!
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

http://expeditionnovel.yuku.com/topic/3 ... e-Facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Expedition Novel> Internet Privacy Issues>Why I no longer use Facebook
I was using Facebook without any problems. I was mainly posting brief personal updates. I was sometimes posting there about my favorite movies, TV shows, and music videos.

Suddenly, Facebook began to require me to use the verification code box when posting with links, claiming it needs to do that to stop spammers. Then, Facebook began to require me to use the verification code on all of my postings. Finally, Facebook would not longer let me post unless I were to provide my cell phone number for verification that I'm a real person and not a spammer. Face book assured me that my cell phone number would never be used for any other purpose. So I cooperated. After I provided my cell phone number for verification, then the harassment by facebook stopped.

Then I began getting spam text messages on my cell phone, costing me 30 minutes of air time deducted for each text message. I discovered Facebook had reset all of my privacy settings to public, and added my private unlisted cell phone number to my profile where everyone can see it. That was done without my knowledge and therefore without my consent. To stop the problem, I had to then remove my cell phone number from my profile, and then terminate my Facebook account to end getting spam text messages on my cell phone. I'm happy I didn't have to change my cell phone number.

Facebook has a long history of gross privacy and security violations, gross willful misconduct, so I'm not surprised this happened. It also happened to some of my Facebook friends, who then discovered their phone numbers had been added to their profiles without their knowledge and consent, and all of their privacy settings were changed to public. Most of that happened when Facebook made some design changes.

I will NEVER again use Facebook. It has proved it cannot be trusted. Now it has declared war on Google, and I suspect it is responsible for the recent problems with Blogger.

If it were not for the problem with Facebook, I might never have created this Expedition Novel Forum. And now that Blogger has crashed for an unknown amount of time, I'm happy I have created this forum. Something was needed outside of the privacy war zone.
Expedition Novel> Internet Privacy Issues> Why I stopped using Yahoo!
Before December 2008, I mainly used Yahoo! for just about everything on the Internet. I used Yahoo! Mail. I had a Yahoo! Group with over 3000 members, most of them readers of my science fiction novel and short stories series.

Then Yahoo! began to promote a new kind of "social openness" originating in Japan. Yahoo! changed Yahoo! Profiles over to their new social network, not allowing users to opt out and keep profiles as is. Doing that rendered the profiles useless for use with Yahoo! Groups, and so to some great extent made the Yahoo! Groups no longer usable like they were. So as result I was forced to abandon Yahoo! Groups, and I refused to participate in the new social network by shutting off my profile as my only option. I intended to keep Yahoo! Mail.

Then, as part of its new "social openness" plan, described in a video posted at YouTube, Yahoo! showed how part of its new system will work. Example: I leave my home or office and go to Burger King where I can use my laptop to access the Internet. Yahoo! shows my location on a map, exact address. Very helpful to burglars who then know I'm not at home and where I am. Of course, obviously, the same system shows when I am at home, and its exact address by street number, and even an image of location if available. Same for any location where I log into Yahoo! with my account. Yahoo! wants everyone to know where I am and what I'm doing at all times. I consider that to be a gross violation of privacy and security. I terminated Yahoo! at the end of 2008 because there was no opt out of their bizarre liberal-minded "social openness" nonsense.

Yahoo! lost a lot of customers because of its new "social openness" and social network. As result, they backed off to some extent. They would not show user locations on maps unless approved by user. However, they still would not allow users to switch back to the old kind of profiles. I finally did return to using Yahoo! Mail for a while, for a project I did not want to use Google's gmail for. Then recently I got notice from Yahoo! that they will be doing a special upgrade that will require me to get a new browser, that if I don't get the new browser then I'll not be able to use Yahoo! anymore. So, once again, and for the final time, I've told Yahoo! to go to hell.
Expedition Novel> Internet Issue> Why I no longer use MSN and Windows Live email
MSN was the first Internet Service provider I used back in June 2002 when I bought my first PC for home, and so I had an MSN email address.

I left MSN when I got a special deal with SBC DSL when MSN was still only offering dial-up in my area.

I left SBC DSL after it became SBC Yahoo! DSL and engaged in creative accounting. SBC redefined the length of a month, for monthly payments. They defined a month as being exactly 4 weeks. As result, I got 13 monthly bills in one year instead of 12. I concluded that to be a kind of scam, and so I terminated SBC at the end of the 1-year contract.

I then got a package deal with Cox for Basic Cable TV, Internet Broadband access, and home phone service over the same CATV line. At first it was a good deal. Then suddenly the Internet Broadband quit working. Cox claimed it is not their fault, and is some kind of a problem on my end that I have to fix but would not tell me what the problem is or how to fix it. Eventually, a Cox tech identified the problem as one that needs to be fixed by the apartments complex landlord, not me, so I was caught in the middle of a conflict between Cox and the landlord. I ended up moving to a different apartments complex for other reasons. After I moved, I got the Cox deal back and it worked well until I moved again.

I moved to another city. My landlord pays for Cox Basic Cable TV and Cox Broadband as part of my monthly rent payment, as well as paying for electric. I have a cell phone now instead of a landline. After getting Cox here, I could not do some things because the account is in the landlord's name for all 250+ tenants here. For example, I could not get Cox email. So I used Yahoo! Mail until Yahoo! made a few unacceptable changes to profiles and privacy for their new social network.

I went back to using MSN, but only for email at first, not as an Internet Service Provider. I got their new Windows Live Mail. With that I was required to put their new BING Search on my toolbar. BING was new then, and not very useful. I couldn't find what I was looking for when I searched for subjects by using BING. And I then found Google Search be be more useful than Yahoo! Search. MSN noticed I was using Google Search a lot more than BING, and gave me a warning that if I do not start using BING more than Google Search then my Windows Live Mail account will be terminated. I immediately told MSN to go to hell, terminated the account, and started using Google's gmail.

So far, I've been using Google's gmail without any serious problems.
Expedition Novel> Internet Issues> Why I no longer use Wordpress
I used Blogger for nearly a full year before I tried Wordpress. I ran into technical problems with Blogger, and could not get any help from Blogger to fix the problems. Really bad customer service. Then someone suggested I try Wordpress. So I shut down my Blogger blog and started a new blog at Wordpress.

I found Wordpress to have better design options than Blogger, so I was able to give it a more professional look, and was able to put more useful widgets there than I had at Blogger. I used my blog at Wordpress partly for a personal journal. I mainly used it to post about my favorite books, music, movies, TV shows, and other interests.

Then I ran into four problems with Wordpress...

1. I was following others at Wordpress, who were also following me, and who I exchanged email with. Suddenly, a couple of their blogs vanished during the same week. The following weekend I exchanged email with them to find out what happened to their blogs. Both gave the same answer. Wordpress accused them of violating Terms of Service, but refused to state which terms were violated. Wordpress deleted their blogs without warning. I could see no just cause for that.

2. Wordpress began to stop me from including certain websites in my Links section at my blog, stating in a warning to me that those websites are on a list of websites not allowed to be in links at Wordpress. None of them were in any way improper or dangerous. I could not see any possible reason for Wordpress to do that. The same thing happened when I tried to include those links in my blog postings. One of them was a website about blog fiction. Wordpress was engaging in excessive and unreasonable censorship.

3. Wordpress began to accuse me of posting spam, when I was posting links to my favorite music videos at YouTube. I was warned that if I do it again then my blog would be deleted. There was no spam and no just cause for that.

4. Wordpress continued to accuse me of spam, then began requiring me to use a verification code to post, and then demanded I provide my cell phone number for verification to prove I'm a real person.

I finally had enough of Wordpress. I shut down my blog there and told Wordpress to go to hell.

Jimmy .... Jimmy .... oh my god, Jimmy ...
how I've missed you so ...
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I think I just peed my pants .....

http://planetnovel.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://planetnovel.blogspot.com/2011/04 ... verse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New legal Owner, General Manager, and Authorized Agent for this Shared Universe concept series is the publisher Fringe Scientist Books. Contacted via email contactfringescientist@gmail.com

http://fringescientist.com/fringe-scientist-books/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
guess who's about to get an inbox-full of cease&desist and Imma Sue emails
from a very pissed-off Frank Walden, Internet Intellectual Property Right
Attorney and Gay-Rights Activist, of Norman, Oklahoma ?
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

and it just does. not. stop.

http://islandworldexpedition.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://webfictionauthors.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Wow. Just ... wow.

Happy memorial day, indeed. Was Jimmy's middle name Charles, by any chance?

Edited to add: by the way, that review of HEREafter was *quintessential* Charwood.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

A Memorial Day Miracle!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Tleszer wrote:A Memorial Day Miracle!
This is the best Happy Memorial Day ever!! I knew if I wished hard enough and really believed that this day would come. I need a Kleenex.
:tissue2:

I've got some more reading to do, but I'm afraid that he won't be posting pictures of his favorite ladies now because he doesn't want to be accused of spam.
Charwood wrote:3. Wordpress began to accuse me of posting spam, when I was posting links to my favorite music videos at YouTube. I was warned that if I do it again then my blog would be deleted. There was no spam and no just cause for that.
I hope he's monetizing all of those sites! He's going to be rich!
Last edited by Nekhrun on 16 May 2011 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Y'all killed Jimmy with acid reflux?

You should be ashamed of yourselves!

:naughty:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

For some reason, I knew this Memorial Day would be special.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hmmm. Multiple deaths and reincarnations, huh? Guess we shpuld have seen that coming. HEREafter is autobiographical!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

You know, I never followed the Harwood saga that much. But reading through some of that...

Dude that guy is fucked up...

I know its Oklahoma, but a rational mind would notice that every face he puts on loves NASCAR and alternate history. every single one. Oh and, the whole "I'm an archaeologist who built a racecar for my brother in law from England..."

The Story never ends!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Omphalos wrote:Hmmm. Multiple deaths and reincarnations, huh? Guess we shpuld have seen that coming. HEREafter is autobiographical!
that was the key!

I was just messing around, putting together a post to recap the saga - I started with First Kingdom of Trolls,
which mentioned me & my first attack on Jimmy via a review of his book on Amazon ... which lead, of course,
to finding my review and the comments still in the Amazon Basement, so I read and posted that ...

during that exchange, I accuse that HEREafter is autobiographical,which he denies, and I threaten
to pull out the quotes .... and never did; but, I had prepared and stored such a post ...

some of the lines about a character in HEREafter have the exact same details as Jimmy's bio ... word-for-word ...
and there is an old message-board post where Jimmy talks about a high-school teacher who said to "write what
you know" - take elements from your own life and add "science fiction" elements and so forth ...

I now believe that during that Operation, I had been "signed-in" with a GoogleID when searching w/Google ...
on this same machine, with the same, continuously updated install of Firefox - searching "James C. Harwood"
returned many, many results of pages I had already seen ... and many, many references to all the now-deleted
Lost BlogSpots ... so I started digging around, wondering if any were "cached", just to add links to the pages
I was referring to ...

deep into this search, somewhere around page 10 of my "tailored" results from the Google Search, there was
a result for Jimmy & HEREafter ... and a man named Thomas Oliver Penn ... date April 2011 ...
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You have to give him credit for holding out almost a year. :lol:

Or maybe he was incarcerated or committed the whole time... :shock:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I sorta doubt he "held out" ... this might very well be the second or third incarnation of Jimmy's Fantasy CyberLife,
since his strangulation on his own blood and death on the office floor of Frank Walden, Imaginary Attorney for the
Insane ... but This Has All Happened Before, And Will All Happen Again ... and is right now, he is deleting and
locking down the twits and blahgs ...

I had debated the wisdom of posting all that up there, when there is a better place for it, and could've deleted it
all before anyone at all saw it ... but ... well, I was drunk and just didn't give a fuck, and now ... well, it's a part
of the Public Record ... altho I am not totally convinced he was lurking here (but I couldn't think why he wouldn't)
the cat could have been let out of the bag when Harold Loyd Jenkins twitted "Happy Memorial Day!" @CharlesHarwood,
one of the twitter accounts now almost un-deleted ...

either way, it's fine with me ... after reading thru some of his sad, pathetic personal blahgs, I kinda lost interest in
fucking with him again, unprovoked as it would be ... I mean, I won the last go-round ... (altho, considering how
mentally-challenged and just-plain-fucking-crazy Jimmy is, it ain't much of an accomplishment ..)

upon review, tho, I was proud of myself for this :
Your post: May 26, 2010 10:01:46 PM PDT
SandRider says:
James Charwood, Science BlogFiction Writer and ED-quality loon,
is about to fake his own death on the internet, in the mis-guided belief
that this will cause me to leave him alone and not make fun of him on
teh innerwebz ....
cause I was dead-fucking-right ....

I got so caught-up in THE MEMORIAL DAY MIRACLE that I didn't go back and read over First Kingdom of Trolls &
the comments on My, the SandRider's, AmazonReview of HEREafter closely .... mentioned is the deletion of the
Accurate Review, and Jimmy "thanks" us for re-posting the Lost 40 Comments here in-sietch ....

which I did not remember at all ....
[aside] you would think I would/should be concerned with these lapses of memory concerning my internet postings, and perhaps
more "normal" folk would be .... but .... fuck that, I got bigger shit to worry about these days .... [/aside]
so after a quick-search, I found the Torchedwood thread, which I had, understandably, gotten confused with the other
thread ....

so ... I don't know where you people are at on this issue; I have not yet decided if I want to chase Jimmy around again, but
for now, I have no plans to intrude on his Private On-line Fantasies ... for one thing, it would be just too fucking easy,
and only a replay of the last episode (his Internet Personae are so lame ... the only new thing is the evolution of
the origin of HEREafter, as revealed by the Archaeologist/NASCAR Racer now in possession of the Charwood Materials
(and WTF happened to Frank Walden? I thought it was so fucking obvious he murdered Jimmy to gain control
of the Obvious Cash-Cow that is the Shared-Universe Concept of HEREafter (or was that the Novel Traveller ?
which, BTW, IS NOT the same Shared-Universe Concept of Novel Expedition by R.F. Sterling ... )(yes, it is))
that HEREafter was actually written by James C. Harwood, Senior .... which, in Jimmy's mind, might be a
contrived gimmick to suggest a Father & Son Legacy, like Frank & Brian, or the Tolkiens (I'd also mention the Sharaa's,
but I know goddamn good & well Jimmy has no fucking clue who they are) but more likely a way to distance himself
from responsibility for the piss-poor quality of the both the story itself and its writing ... well, maybe not more
likely, not consciously, anyway ... I think Jimmy, like tehKJA, really thinks his shit don't stink ...

so it'd be too easy, no challenge, and nothing new ... also: the man is just so pathetic ... I do wish now I had
archived the Charles Hardwood Blahg ... it would make you cry, or atleast give you a sick feeling in the pit of your
stomach ...

right now, this morning, I'm of two minds - one is to just drop the whole fucking thing, leave it where it falls, and move on,
or go ahead and repost some of the repostables from the other thread, just For The Record, and for those who were not
involved at the time, and for posterity ... let's also not forget some of the things Jimmy actually did post, all over the
net .... the UberHack destroying his computer by "virus", publicly posting personal, real-life information about the people
he believed responsible for the attack, the batshit crazy stuff he told Keith and the Clones ... & etc.

whatever ....

Torchedwood: The Series
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[edit]
I think I'll append some of that thread here - chronologically, it's the next thing, from my POV in involvement;
Chigger picked up on the twits, questioned Jimmy's sanity, or what-ever (where you got all those
twits archived ?); I found the HEREafter Amazon page and posted a Review, Jimmy gave us First Kingdom
of the Trolls
, then the Accurate Review and the 40 Lost Comments ...

anyway, I'd forgotten this gem, too ...
There is a great treasure to be found, if you can find where to look, a great feast for trolls. As is, you keep snacking around the edges. You are so far missing The Big One. Maybe it is buried "under the big W." After all, it is a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad World.
never did get to the meat of that one ...

Say Jimmy, here's the deal : you tell me WTF this meant, and I'll swear to the Little Baby Jesus to never poke you in the
soft spots with a sharp cyber-stick ....
[/edit]
ImageImage

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Jeez, Jimmy was fun. I almost hope he visits us in his reincarnated form.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

If you don't have the gumption to stand by what you post, you shouldn't be posting at all.

This posting stuff and putting up all those blogs and creating Twitter accounts left and right... it's silly and more than a little mental.

If you're reading this James: Know that I really don't give a fuck. I clicked the links 'Rider posted here the other day and had a quick look at the stuff, but I haven't been back to any of them and didn't plan to revisit.

This is said too often these days but I really do mean it sincerely: GET A LIFE.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

damnit, there goes RF Sterling ....
Notice of Expedition Novel & Planet Novel Ownership Transfer posted at http://bit.ly/mPsAGa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and at http://bit.ly/lwdrOH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3 hours ago
RF Sterling
Notice: I'm closing this Twitter account about 8am CT Mon May 23. I recommend my followers follow @FringeScientist @iowa_card @RaftReload
4 hours ago
RF Sterling
Notice: As of Monday May 23 @FringeScientist will own & administer Expedition Novel & Planet Novel blogs + own all relating material.
21 hours ago
RF Sterling
Notice: As of Monday May 23 I'm retired from Internet: Twitter, Blogger, Forum, everything.
21 hours ago
Jimmy, you spook easier than them wild-fire traumatized white-tails that ended up
in my meadow after all that was over ...

but, OH MY : http://hereafterbooks.blogspot.com/2011 ... -case.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

We're famous!

(Google is unstable?)
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Revised Thomas Oliver Penn Review of HEREafter, Book One

http://hereafterbooks.blogspot.com/2011 ... -case.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saturday, April 30, 2011
Review of HEREafter, Book One: A Mild Case of Death
Book Review by Thomas Oliver Penn
Saturday 30 April 2011

HEREafter, Book One: A Mild Case of Death
Adventure Science Fiction
by James C. Harwood

I have the advantage of having read the original 1963 version of "HEREafter" written by James C. Harwood Sr born in 1926, and the updated 2003 version modified by James C. Harwood Jr born in 1956, both of whom are now deceased. I am for real attempting to acquire All Rights to both versions from the sole surviving member of that family, Jillian Locke of London England. Although I'm not new to computers, I am new to the Internet as of July 2010, and I've had no previous interest in the genre of science fiction. This is the one exception so far because of its origin ties to actual history, which is a special genre of interest to me, although I'm mainly interested in automobile history rather than religious history.

The HERE of "HEREafter" is in all capital letters because it relates to life after death here on earth, meaning reincarnation. It's about an alien expedition to earth. Soon after arrival there is a mutiny, causing the alien star ship to fall to earth and be destroyed. A few aliens survive at a land base for nearly a year. Like the Martians in the original "War of the Worlds" novel and 1953 movie, immunity problems cause their death. Before they die, they use scout craft to deliver and bury time capsules at various locations on earth. In the meantime, a great war in heaven causes all inhabited worlds to be placed under a spiritual quarantine, blocking all souls from ascending into heaven. The alien souls are trapped on earth, forced into reincarnations along with normal earth human souls. Now on present day earth they remember their alien past. Then with the help of an angelic being they recover the time capsules containing the history and location of their home worlds, and information on how to build a star ship. It requires a lot of money to do that today, especially in secrecy. Remember the mutiny. Two opposing groups of aliens. The conservatives among them have learned religion is big business and have created a new religion to raise the money. The liberals have learned that "sex sells" and they are using the big business of the sex industry to raise the money. So the race is on, between the two opposing groups, to build earth's first star ship. That is where Book One ends. It is subtitled "A Mild Case of Death."

The story of "HEREafter" is told by alternating between interview scenes, and narrated events remembered by the person being interviewed, very much like the 1994 movie "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles." When he wrote the 2003 version of "HEREafter" James Jr was also influenced by the 1985 movie "Lifeforce" based on the novel "The Space Vampires." Ironically, a church declared James Jr himself to be a vampire, and condemned him to fry in hell for having accepted an emergency blood transfusion at a hospital. The church claimed that accepting blood transfusions is no different from being a vampire. That was not the first conflict that the Harwood family has had with religious fanatics who have such bizarre beliefs. There is a true story behind the novel, which could be titled "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Joke." After all, "HEREafter" is not just an "Adventure Science Fiction" novel. Legally, it is a grand parody!

Harwood Sr, owner of the Harwood Oil Company in Kansas, had a legal conflict in 1961 with Later-day Saints. He wanted the legal right to drill a well on property owned by the Mormon Church. They wanted him to join their church and give them all of the revenue of oil sold from that well, plus 10% of revenue from oil sold from all of his other wells. They gave him a copy of "The Book of Mormon" to read, including the less known but controversial book titled "The Pearl of Great Price" containing the very controversial book titled "The Book of Abraham." [Mormons have books within books.] Therein is the story about distant worlds of a star named Kolob. [Yes, as you see there, there is a link to Battlestar Galactica.] Mormons do not usually talk openly about the life they believe their souls had before this life, elsewhere.

It might be a bizarre coincidence, that the "Church of Scientology" has a similar belief, or a scam in my opinion. Just give enough money to the church, and angelic-like aliens will take you to a better place! Nonsense. L. Ron Hubbard's son, when interviewed on "60 Minutes" told how a certain legal organization created the church after his father died, but made people believe his father had not yet died to give him credit for it. Long before he became a science fiction author, L. Ron Hubbard was a parole officer with an office on West Douglas Street in Wichita Kansas. He originally created Dianetics as a means to help released convicts adjust and return to normal life. He never intended for it to become a church! And according to his son, there has been considerable history revision by the "Church of Scientology" to hide those facts.

On a relating issue, it is my opinion that the organization known as Jacurutu is obviously right to protect the work of Frank Herbert, especially if it is true that Kevin J. Anderson is a Scientologist, in addition to other reasons already made known by them at their website.

Keep in mind, "HEREafter" by Harwood Sr is based on Mormonism, not Scientology. No doubt, Harwood Jr would never admit to the Mormonism connection, considering his known general hatred for organized religion. All direct references to Mormons was edited out by Harwood Jr when he revised the novel, and unlike his father he wanted to avoid any legal entanglements with present day Mormons, Later-day Saints. Most publishers were unwilling to handle the original "HEREafter" out of fear of possible hostile reaction from various religious fanatics. The part of the book that remains most similar to Mormonism is as follows...

In the "HEREafter" novel, ancient time capsules are found, which contain evidence of aliens visiting earth long ago, and one of the main characters in the story interacts with an angelic being. According to Mormon history, in 1823, Joseph Smith Jr found and dug up a kind of buried time capsule containing gold plates on which were writings in another language. An angelic being appeared to Smith, according to his own testimony, and gave him the ability to translate the writings into English. From those writings the Mormon Church was born. As Paul Harvey would say, now you know "the rest of the story." Almost...

James C. Harwood Sr concluded the Mormons are crazy, didn't join their church, and didn't get to drill the well on their property. So he originally wrote "HEREafter" in 1963 as a parody of their beliefs, for retaliation.

James C. Harwood Jr apparently died from a bleeding stomach ulcer in May 2010 while engaged in a legal conflict with his x-wife, and was having his attorney make and keep a copy of the manuscript. He only died for a couple of minutes, at first. Doctors revived him, treated and released him. He had no health insurance, so care was minimal. He then died a short time later at a different hospital in Oklahoma City. Harwood Sr died a few months later. Harwood Jr's x-wife died in a car accident in December 2010. His sister, now the sole surviving legal owner, turned all of the material over to me and might grant me certain legal rights for republication. I've worked with her husband in race car designing and building, which is how I got involved. If James Jr faked his death, then it most likely had nothing to do with any difference of opinion over Dune novels with Jacurutu, but rather something else going on in his life. And if he did, then he had legal help making the change to walk away from everything and start over somewhere else. But, really, I doubt it.

The older UK printed version of "HEREafter" by James Sr and the newer US printed version by James Jr didn't do well in sales. James Jr's version had a fairly good run as an ebook from May 2004 to June 2006. At least 3000 sales were confirmed by readers who joined his Yahoo! Group. The ebook publisher, another science fiction writer, located in Australia, had a heart attack, which he survived, but then for health reasons closed his ebook publishing business. Hopefully, "HEREafter" doesn't have a curse on it.

James Jr's primary modification was to write the story as a "shared universe" concept for other authors to write books for the planned series. During April 2011 an author in the UK, authorized by Locke, has started combining the 1963 original with the 2003 version. Another authorized author by Locke in the UK has been writing six new books for the "HEREafter" series, and those are nearly ready for publication as paperbacks, and to be Kindle ebooks sold through Amazon. I'm only involved with restoring the original, if approved, and if I proceed.

Thomas Oliver Penn

Posted by Thomas Oliver Penn at 4/30/2011 10:50:00 AM
Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Labels: book reviews, HEREafter, James C. Harwood, science fiction, Thomas Oliver Penn
SandRider:
You're a bit too quick taking all bait I put out there to snare Jimmy, if he is still around. Now you're getting too paranoid, seeing Jimmy everywhere, like he saw you everywhere. It was intended to catch him, not you. I've my own reasons apart from your interest and purpose. So, let there be no more confusion, why this is so different from what those other guys are doing at other blogs, forums, and Twitter.

Jimmy Harwood's relationship with SandRider at Jacurutu is like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader. Alive or dead, no doubt others own Jimmy's book now and appear to have cut him out of the deal so they can turn it into something sellable. From all I've found and read, that's what he wanted anyway. I really am trying to get approval to republish the original, for my own fun, but I doubt it will happen.

My relationship with SandRider at Jacurutu is like Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Thank you, for creating me, father. Watch NASCAR next season on ESPN, or come to a race when we're in your area and I'll get you a free ticket. I'm naming the new race car SandRider. Congratulations! You now have a race car named after you! Mysterious "treasure" Jimmy offered? Might be best if you hold a séance.
Parody: Novels of deceased authors legally obtained, reproduced, and republished by Hereafter Books, Thomas Oliver Penn, Intellectual Properties Manager, Austin TX 78724. Blogger is being used as a temporary website until a dot com website is created for Hereafter Books. However, because of stability problems with Google and Blogger, Hereafter Books will be moving to highly recommended WordPress, and getting a dot com through there early in June 2011, if I have time to keep doing this.
ImageImage