Movies you have watched recently

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Kojiro

Re: Movies you have watched recently

Post by Kojiro »

Earlier this week I saw Battle: Los Angeles, and yes while it'll never win an Oscar, it wasn't bad at all. For the first time that I can recall, a movie actually employed real military combat tactics. That was a big bonus alone. Decent star fish alien anatomy as well. No "humans in funny suits" feel here for sure.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Centurion.

Uses the disappearance of the 9th Legion in Britain as the basis for the story. Real celts and shot in the highlands of Scotland are great touches that add to the movie.

After being tricked by the picts, the Roman legion is decimated and only a squad of men escape. They are chased across Scotland as they work to stay alive while trying to make it supposed safety of the Antonine Wall. Backstabbing, spurting blood, dead sexy celtic women, and decent enough story coupled wirh gorgeous scenery make this a fun popcorn movie.

Rob
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Knight and Day wasn't bad.

Red was great.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Freakzilla wrote:
Red was great.
"I'm gettin' the pig!"

Rob
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Robspierre wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Red was great.
"I'm gettin' the pig!"

Rob

"Old man my a--"
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Robspierre wrote:Centurion.

Uses the disappearance of the 9th Legion in Britain as the basis for the story. Real celts and shot in the highlands of Scotland are great touches that add to the movie.

After being tricked by the picts, the Roman legion is decimated and only a squad of men escape. They are chased across Scotland as they work to stay alive while trying to make it supposed safety of the Antonine Wall. Backstabbing, spurting blood, dead sexy celtic women, and decent enough story coupled wirh gorgeous scenery make this a fun popcorn movie.

Rob
Been meaning to watch that one. Glad to hear it won't be a total disappointment or anything. Dead sexy Celtic women is a plus - if you're into dead people... :P
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
The Red Duke

Post by The Red Duke »

Freakzilla wrote:The American sucked ass.
My good friend, who is a movie buff, told me this. Said it was one of the worst movies he's ever seen.
I have a special seat in my house that is designed to let me shit in a bowl of fresh water. I am the 1%.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

zacher2005 wrote:Watched Gonzo, which shows how much of a retard Hunter S Thompson was.
There are a lot of angles to criticize Hunter S. Thompson from, lots of ways he may have been full of shit, squandered his talent (I think it's incredibly disappointing he was too burnt out to write anything about Rumble in the Jungle even though he was in Zaire), or thought he understood politics in a way that he didn't, but "retard" isn't really doing anything for me. That sentence isn't really shedding any light on a guy that I think was, at the very least, an interesting writer.

I'm going to make a point to see Centurion soon.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
zacher2005

Post by zacher2005 »

merkin muffley wrote:
zacher2005 wrote:Watched Gonzo, which shows how much of a retard Hunter S Thompson was.
There are a lot of angles to criticize Hunter S. Thompson from, lots of ways he may have been full of shit, squandered his talent (I think it's incredibly disappointing he was too burnt out to write anything about Rumble in the Jungle even though he was in Zaire), or thought he understood politics in a way that he didn't, but "retard" isn't really doing anything for me. That sentence isn't really shedding any light on a guy that I think was, at the very least, an interesting writer.

I'm going to make a point to see Centurion soon.

While I give him credit for standing up to a Hells Angels member for beating his wife, I honestly think all he was at the time was a half decent reporter/writier, who found out if he did a bunch of drugs and wrote liek it he would get sales from the counter cultutre, after that he couldn't be taken seriously, IMO.

BTW as a boxing fan, yeah it upset me greatly that not only did he try claming him and Ali were relatded, that he completely screwed the match up.

I know this may offend fans of his, but I think he was just an act, a bad one, who quit life.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

zacher2005 wrote: I know this may offend fans of his, but I think he was just an act, a bad one, who quit life.
Nah, I couldn't get offended about someone saying HST was fucked up. I mean, clearly he was, and there's a lot to criticize. I wish he would've paid attention to what was going on in Zaire, but what do I expect?

I never saw where he claimed to be related to Ali, but if he did say that, I think that's pretty fucking funny.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SadisticCynic wrote:
Robspierre wrote:Centurion.

Rob
Been meaning to watch that one. Glad to hear it won't be a total disappointment or anything. Dead sexy Celtic women is a plus - if you're into dead people... :P
I quite enjoyed that one - just don't get your hopes too high :)

(And think while you watch it - Neil Marshall was the (real, not co) producer's favourite to direct the new Dune Movie at one point. :) )
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I'm about to watch your bitch-ass get a "burn-notice" right now ...

(amateur spammers should check & see if an admin is online before they start posting ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

oh no! where you go?
Calvin Woon be not happy with poor spam result ...

BTW, are you going to reply to the 52 PMs I just put in your box, baby ?
they're the ones entitled "Go Fuck Yourself" & "Imma Beat Yo Bitch-ass" ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

oh hey, this ain't them dumb-ass indonesian kids, this is them dumb fucking wannabe russian mafia pricks ...

this is gonna be fun, see, cause on all these sites they've got where they're streaming these bootleg TV shows
they got open comments ... and guess who's got Calvin Woon's Forum Buzz software all set up and about
to SPAM THE SHIT out of all those pages, literally posting thousands of "fuck Off" comments in a matter of
minutes? and has it set to loop around and go thru all the sites again & again until I wake up tomorrow
afternoon and shut it down ?

OCCUPY A SPAMMER'S ASS WITH YOUR BOOT ....
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I wasted a couple hours last night sitting through that hideous Land of the Lost thing from a couple years back.

What the fuck were they thinking?!

I was already in high school and in my mid-teens when the original aired, but it still feels like part of my childhood has been raped for no good reason.

Fuck Hollywood! :twisted:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

You're set that they have messed with Land of the Lost? Sid and Marty Kroft left an indelible mark upon you?

Ate you sure you're not just testy from being up farting all night?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Recently finished watching all three of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movies. Pretty good stuff, but having read the books I was always a little deflated when the plot changes cropped up. I thought the actress playing Lisbeth was spot on, though.

Just streamed Pearl Jam 20 on Netflix. Really, really good documentary on their 20 years as a band. Good stuff.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
trang

Post by trang »

Super8 (bad) felt like different sci-fi movies from past (ET to a boy and his dog).

Conan the Barbarian (Jason mamoa) (bad) soundtrack sucked, dialogue was really really bad in my opinion, the swords looked like those plastic ones from the he-man kits in the dime stores, just couldn't connect with it at all. Sad thing is I like Jason Mamoa (stargate atlantis) hope he gets another crack at it or something else.

Crazy Stupid Love and Cyrus ( Marissa Tomey double feature ....Hot) anyway, both on par with each other, funny at times, decent movies.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Seen quite a few recently:

The Thing (2011) - Probably about as good as it could have possibly been: Respectful, well made, unnecessary.

Aliens - Saw it on a big screen for the first time, awesome film.

Immortals - Finally a film worth seeing in 3D (I usually give it a miss), I'm a fan of Tarsem's visuals (The Fall was awesome) and this is as good. Story 'n' stuff.. meh, but as a piece of visual art, he beats the crap of most other "visionary" directors. :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Watched Nightmare on Elm street, new remake with the guy from Watchmen as Freddie. Wasn't too bad but just didn't feel right without the original Freddie with his dark sense of humor and wise cracking. Loved the guy in Watchmen but not so much in this, can't remember his name.
Lawliet

Post by Lawliet »

I watched Rise of the Apes a couple days ago and i loved it. Really recommend it.
Also...i can kill you with my brain. - River Tam

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Furry Vengance
Tangled
Shrek 4
The Green Hornet
Gnomeo and Juliet
Jonah Hex
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote: Gnomeo and Juliet
:think: ... wtf?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Serkanner wrote:
It's Romeo and Juliet done with ceramic garden gnomes that come to life when humans aren't around. Pretty good, if you like kids movies.

Score by Elton John.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
It's Romeo and Juliet done with ceramic garden gnomes that come to life when humans aren't around. Pretty good, if you like kids movies.

Score by Elton John.
I'm scared of garden gnomes ... and of Chucky as well. :oops:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."