Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Image
    Non-dune discussion

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
Naib
Posts: 281
Joined: 30 Jan 2014 15:54

Re: Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Postby Naib » 28 May 2018 15:03

SadisticCynic wrote:I watched through Fawlty Towers recently. My god that's some good writing. I'd seen episodes before, but not all of them.


Just a classic show. Just don't mention the war.

User avatar
Serkanner
Posts: 2830
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Postby Serkanner » 29 May 2018 14:56

Naib wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:I watched through Fawlty Towers recently. My god that's some good writing. I'd seen episodes before, but not all of them.


Just a classic show. Just don't mention the war.


Stop talking about the war!

But you started it!

No, we didn't start it.

yes, you did. You invaded Poland.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2028
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Postby SadisticCynic » 29 May 2018 17:54

Serkanner wrote:
Naib wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:I watched through Fawlty Towers recently. My god that's some good writing. I'd seen episodes before, but not all of them.


Just a classic show. Just don't mention the war.


Stop talking about the war!

But you started it!

No, we didn't start it.

yes, you did. You invaded Poland.


How ever did they win?!

On another note, I haven't seen this mentioned here yet: Amazon picked up Consider Phlebas as a tv series.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/consider-phlebas-tv-series-works-at-amazon-1086840

I'm sceptical, but we'll see. (Been ages since I read a Culture novel :( )
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
Serkanner
Posts: 2830
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Postby Serkanner » 30 May 2018 14:27

SadisticCynic wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Naib wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:I watched through Fawlty Towers recently. My god that's some good writing. I'd seen episodes before, but not all of them.


Just a classic show. Just don't mention the war.


Stop talking about the war!

But you started it!

No, we didn't start it.

yes, you did. You invaded Poland.


How ever did they win?!

On another note, I haven't seen this mentioned here yet: Amazon picked up Consider Phlebas as a tv series.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/consider-phlebas-tv-series-works-at-amazon-1086840

I'm sceptical, but we'll see. (Been ages since I read a Culture novel :( )


I am sceptical as well. But I am also a bit hyped to see The Culture on screen.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6630
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Postby Omphalos » 31 May 2018 10:13

They should have started with T'POG

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18163
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Postby Freakzilla » 02 Jun 2018 19:24

Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Naib
Posts: 281
Joined: 30 Jan 2014 15:54

Re: Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Postby Naib » 03 Jun 2018 09:32

I think Omphalos means The Player of Games.

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6630
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Television Shows you are watching on TV or DVD now.

Postby Omphalos » 04 Jun 2018 10:40

Naib wrote:I think Omphalos means The Player of Games.


Yep.


Return to “˲”