I need an avatar

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

zacher2005

I need an avatar

Post by zacher2005 »

I would love to have one of Leto II or Tleixu, but I suck at finding them in the right size.
zacher2005

Re: I need an avatar

Post by zacher2005 »

Baraka Bryan wrote:so throw em in paint and resize em

I'll have to do that when I am done being lazy lol
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Don't mind him, he's been a wee bit biotchy since his return. Even wrote "butt-fuck" in a comment the other day. :shock: :lol: )
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I know on photobucket you can resize. The profile page should tell you what size you need.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

http://www.picnik.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:(Don't mind him, he's been a wee bit biotchy since his return.)
have I? hmmm i don't mean to be.
Don't worry. We all know its just a combination of being Republican (or whatever you Canuks call it) and the absolute certainty of mind that comes with getting close to finishing college. You'll mellow. :wink:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:(Don't mind him, he's been a wee bit biotchy since his return.)
have I? hmmm i don't mean to be.
Don't worry. We all know its just a combination of being Republican (or whatever you Canuks call it) and the absolute certainty of mind that comes with getting close to finishing college. You'll mellow. :wink:
haha. i've been done university for a year now :P I'm just a cynical corporate professional now ;)

the Conservative thing... that's where my certainty of being right comes in ;)
Couldn't remember if you had finished school, or just an big internship. Something political, IIRC.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Just glad to have you back BB. :romance-caress: :romance-kisscheek:

Zach, how's it coming with the Avy?
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I think I've been meaning to post about this for sometime, but ...

I've been using the same free version of VSO Image Resizer for like 3 years now ...
I had the install pack on the old machine (Vista), when I got the new machine (Win7)
I just put it on a flash drive and installed and kept on keeping on ... I can't even tell
which version this one is, it's so stripped down there's not even an "about" button,
but it does everything I need to do and more ... plus, it's integrated into the context
menu, so you can select one to 20 photos at a time, right-click (FU Mackies), click
VSO and it loads them into a small window ...

anyway, Bryan said to drop them in paint, which is okay, but about 5 more steps than
I ever want to take, so I thought, I've thought about this before, when the resize for
avatars or whatever comes up (with my version of VSO, you right-click the image
you want (I guess for Macs you would ... uh ... ah fuck, who cares ?) set the resize
to pixels, type 80 and 80 into the little boxes, make sure "Keep original ratio" is
checked, then "resize original" or "make copy" .... done & done)

so I go to gooooogle this thing, and I guess it has been a long goddamn time, because
the product and the company has changed names, and I've not used the new versions,
or even ever updated this one ... it works just great, so .... I can't recommend software
I haven't tried everything I know how to do to break, but I can say the old one worked
fine ... and then I figured I could find a download somewhere for the version I
have, and I'd guess it's out there somewhere, but ...

here's one link at cnet:
http://download.cnet.com/Light-Image-Re ... 29104.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the download software is the new stuff, but the review (from 2009) is the old one,
the one I have, and from my experience and reading the review, I'd say them cnet guys
is a bunch of pussies ... granma-running-you-to-the-storm-cellar-cause-it-got-cloudy kinda scared ...
or just bitches ... yeah, that's it, alot of their reviews are like that, just ... bitchy ...

here's the link to what I believe to be the same company's new site :
http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-soft ... &aid=10793" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

plus, it's integrated into the context
menu, so you can select one to 20 photos at a time, right-click (FU Mackies), click
VSO and it loads them into a small window ...
that's what I'm talking about !
:cookie sm:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:...it's integrated into the context
menu, ... right-click (FU Mackies), ... you right-click the image
you want (I guess for Macs you would ... uh ... ah fuck, who cares ?)
You need to get with the program. We've been right-clicking on Macs for over ten years now.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
SandRider wrote:...it's integrated into the context
menu, ... right-click (FU Mackies), ... you right-click the image
you want (I guess for Macs you would ... uh ... ah fuck, who cares ?)
You need to get with the program. We've been right-clicking on Macs for over ten years now.
Yea, but only if you get the mouse with two buttons, right? :P

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:hand: Mine actually has four. AND a trackwheel. :snooty:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote::hand: Mine actually has four. AND a trackwheel. :snooty:
What?!?? No multi-touch mouse?!?! Luddite.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I use the Magic Trackpad, up to four finger gestures :dance:

Rob
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

fuck, now Jobs is turning you poor people into cyborgs ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:fuck, now Jobs is turning you poor people into cyborgs ....
Kool-Aid tastes much better when you're a cyborg.

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Cult of Mac, baby ... live it!

"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

TheDukester wrote:Cult of Mac, baby ... live it!

15" Early 2008 Mac Book Pro
1st Gen Ipad
1st Gen Ipod Touch
3rd Gen Ipod Shuffle
Magic Trackpad
Wireless Mighty Mouse
Wired Apple Keyboard
Remote Apple TV2

Not shown:
14" Mid 2005 ibook G4
Wireless Keyboard for Ipad
Charge kit w/cord for Ipad
500 GB External Hard Drive. Partitioned with a bootable clone of my OS, updated once a week.
1TB External Hard Drive.

Apple TV 2 with a slide show of some of my wallpapers.

Rob

PS I dusted on Sunday and that build up is the result of one day of "breezy" winds with gusts averaging 50 MPH.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hows that Apple TV work? I've heard it has problems.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I was gonna say something about the dust .... but I know where you live ...

it used to be a problem I had ... I like having alot of windows open, cotton field dust is very fine & light,
West Texas winds pick up all the time ... I solved the problem by ignoring it ...

and your shiner bottle reminded that I don't think I ever regaled y'all with stories of one of my favorite
bar-games : Pitch a fit when they try to charge you the "imported" price for shiner

I had one of those mac keyboards for awhile, a full size one with number pad - I liked the buttons,
I had a hard time getting to real speed on it, tho - the keys were sensitive and the profile was
very low - I'm one of those "finger-dragger" typists, goes back to the old IBM Selectric machines
and having to press the keys hard combined with keeping my fingers on the "home row" ... I don't
have a "light touch", and my fingers are almost always in contact with the board ...

one of the heeler puppies chewed through the cord on it tho awhile back, after I'd stopped using it
and foolishly left it under the desk ... another problem I remember having with it was sticky, gummy
keys - you can't pop the buttons off and clean the thing - I have a habit of coming in from working
and not bothering to wash my hands, so my keyboards and trackballs get dirt and grease and alpaca
shit on them all the time ... so white wasn't a good choice for my lifestyle ... also tho, some of the
key-stick might actually have been damage to the contacts from the way I pounded on it ...

I do like the design, tho ... I'm always interested in new designs and concepts for standard products,
that keyboard just wasn't all that functional for me ... had two usb ports, tho, that was handy for
flashdrives ... I'm back to using a generic HP keyboard right now, but even its keys aren't as chunky
as they used to be; a little flatter on the top, without the flare-out on the bottom, the keys are closer
together than my fingers' muscle-memory likes ...

I was intrigued by microsoft's (heavy-handed) attempt to change-up typing with that "ergo" board
they pushed quite a number of years ago, with the key-set basically broke in half and angled; never
got used to it either, altho I did try for a long time ... I've still got two of them somewhere, both are
PS2 plugs ... I've got a couple of different PS2 to USB adapterplugs and a box I built during that PS2
to USB switch-over period; if they ever decide to allow multiple keyboard inputs in the Windows they
have with the mice & trackballs, I might find a use for them again ... altho by then, I'd assume the
adapters will have moved on to something above the PS2's capabilities ....

I'm still digging the Saitek game controller thing my youngest boy got me a couple of years ago when
he got me hooked on the Call of Duty game ... all the keys are programmable, and switching profiles
is a right-click on the system tray icon and a click to select ... alot of programs I use today have options
for "hot-key" and "shortcut-key" programming for just about every thing; it takes some set-up time and
trial testing to see what works for you, but as I've said before, the way I have this machine set up now,
unless I'm writing something, I'm rarely using the keyboard, certainly on web-surfing stuff ... (I've got a
macro with the Welcome. Your Water is Ours. thing preset)

I've also been looking for some software that would control alot of Windows System functions from a
numeric keypad ... I've got several number pads designed for laptops, I guess, one that is wireless
but I don't like how thick it is; the one I'm using is small and thin, on a long miniUSB to USB cord,
plugged in the powered USB hub in the middle of the desk; the trackball sits on a little table by my
chair, with the ashtrays and piperacks and bourbon bottles, the Saitek controller and the little keypad
are on a old piano bench on the other side ... so if I need to enter numbers and not text, I can reach it
and not have to lean forward to the keyboard ... I'm really into that, too, after turning off the TeeVee
and watching movies and such on the big-ass monitor ... I get laid back in this huge leather desk chair
and don't want to struggle to get my old ass into an upright position when it just ain't necessary ...

but the only keypad software I found so far would do the trick, but it's too complicated, in a way ...
you can program damn near any function into it, using a master-code list {0 to 9999} ... but you have
to click an icon to open the interface, and type in the code; so if I have to use the mouse pointer to open
the command box and type in a numeric command, for most routine things it's easier to just use the mouse ...
(i.e., the Windows "Start" button ... opening a Windows Explorer instance, etc.)

and remind me sometime to recount my "experience" with Windows Voice Recognition;
it is just a text-book example of the bass-ackward thinking at microsoft; and the best
alternative, VoiceFinger, is a piece of failware, too ...
ImageImage

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Sand Rider said:
and your shiner bottle reminded that I don't think I ever regaled y'all with stories of one of my favorite
bar-games : Pitch a fit when they try to charge you the "imported" price for shiner
I've been kicked out of two or three places for raising hell over that fucking "import" pricing bullshit. :Adolf:

Omph, I've not had any problems with my Apple TV. I do not stream a lot of Netflix or Youtube simply because I can't get high speed internet where I am at. The DSL available is not fast enough to handle HD streaming.

Streaming content from my laptop is damn fast over the protected wi-fi. It has a lot of future potential and I love the remote app on my touch.

Sand rider, there are a lot of people who are so addicted to those old style IBM keyboards that you can find them being produced for use with both Macs and Windows machines.

Rob
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

it starts like this:

Whoa, hold up there, little girl .... this here's a Shiner ... should be two bucks ...

note : this game only works with young girls behind the bar; older women have heard all this shit
before and will tell you to "yeah, yeah, carry your ass, cowboy"; male bartenders will quickly and
succinctly give an concise and correct answer, which ain't no fun atall : "yessir, I know, but Shiner
charges us a premium price, and it's taxed like a premium beer; our inventory software only handles
"domestic" and "imported" labels for beers ..."

but with a girl, especially one from like, Dallas or some shit, whose daddy never taught her anything
at all about Texas, or even better, some girl not from Texas, there's some fun to be had ... except if'n
it's a place where Texas boys go alot anyway, then it's about 60-40 for her already having heard all
this shit ...

so now, in these wretched times, the best place for this reindeer game is an "upscale" pub,
meaning one of those shitholes frequented by young, white, college-educated kids currently
in a high-earning position (and enjoy that while you can, you fucking idiots); the kind of
place where the boys just stopped wearing their ball caps backwards last year, but still show
up to a bar in shorts & flip-flops, and the girls wear off-the-shoulder sun dresses and act like
they are going to pull their titties out but never actually do, and kiss each other in front of the
boys for attention, but get real pissy when you try to get them home for a threesome ... or hell,
I won't even take mah clothes off, you girls just go at it and I'll watch .... then, after acting like
they imagine biker whores to act like, they get really offended when you treat'em like biker whores ...

the world is a mighty confusing place some days ...

anyway:

Honey, this here's a Shiner.
Yessir.
Uhhh ... honey, doya know where Shiners're made ?
{blank stare}
They's made in Shiner, honey. Shiner, Texas.
{irritated blank stare}
On highway 95, down in Lavaca County ?
uhhhh ...
South of Austin, t'other side a Eye-Ten ?

here, you can branch into my other favorite game, "Honey, where yew from ?"
and get her to tell you her whole life story if she's willing to play with you; you can
also bring up her daddy ..."Huh. An' yore daddy never told you that?" ... this is important
in gaining the information necessary if you're going to go down the Daddy Issues trail ...

and for those of you reading this who still don't get what it's about,
it always ends at :

So you tellin me Shiner is an imported beer, when it's made in Texas?
That don't make no kinda sense at all ...

the end result is one of two things, both of which are good:
if the girl thinks you're a cute old man, this is equivalent to
a pick-up line, the conversation-starter (the lone star beer caps
are another) allowing you the "Dang, honey, where you from ?"
gambit, which will result in the girl giving out TMI that will be
used to try and get her top off later ...

if the girl thinks you're just a creepy old fuck, she'll stop you by
asking if you want to talk to the manager; this is the signal to
give up hope of getting her out of her shirt, ever, and a convenient
and dignified way to extract yourself from the conversation -
Why, yes ma'am, I think I would ...

then you stand around and wait for the manager, who will eventually
show up and you play the dumbass cowboy, not understanding why
they's callin Shiner an imported beer, when it's made right down
there in Lavaca County, and he will explain about wholesale price and
taxes, and you can say well, okay, but fuck, son - just call it a we-gonna-
charge-ya-more-f'it beer than all this imported horseshit ...

and as I said above, tho, this whole routine is getting to be old, as Shiner
gets more wide-spread name recognition (meaning the shitheels in Dallas
and Houston order it, one, because it's made in Texas, damnit, and they
thinks they's Texans, and two - it fucking costs twice as much as every other
'domestic' beer, and they want you to know they gots money ...) and more
and more bars, other than the roadhouses & honky-tonks, stock it ....

and that's good, too, because maybe, eventually, Shiner will drop all this
"premium" horseshit, or force the Legislature to tell the TABC to create a
new category for Texas Beer ... altho, none of that will happen, cause
shitheels in shorts and flip-flops are gonna order the Shiner until the
next fad comes along ....
ImageImage