The Hell Hole Trilogy

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mr. Teg

The Hell Hole Trilogy

Post by Mr. Teg »

Only the most desperate would ever dare to make a new home on Hellhole, a planet ravaged by natural disasters. Persistent volcanic eruptions, destructive storms and recent damage inflicted by asteroid impact make the planet a dumping ground for undesirables, misfits and charlatans.
Only the most desperate would ever dare read this piece of work, a book ravaged by disastrous prose, persistent repetition, destructive plots plus the impact of nadless editing along with other tribulations makes this hellogy a black hole that draws in similar minded undesirables, misfits and charlatans.

CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: The Hell Hole Trilogy

Post by SandChigger »

Ah, but Rheinvar is involved with BoBo in a non-Kevin, non-McDune, non-Hellhole thingy.

Stormwhirled, or something like that? :think:

:laughing-rolling:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Sev

Post by Sev »

TheKJA wrote:Up early, ready to head off to the UK for the HELLHOLE release tour
OH, FUCK OFF KEVIN.
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Mind keeping him? For good? :D
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Seriously, he's all yours, UK! Keep him, with our compliments.

Or set him up for penal transportation to Australia. Do you guys still do that?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

I'm a bit disappointed that Kev wasn't kidnapped and decapitated by Islamic terrorists when he visited the UAE.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Kojiro wrote:I'm a bit disappointed that Kev wasn't kidnapped and decapitated by Islamic terrorists when he visited the UAE.
Yeah, they are getting smarter and smarter them terrorists.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Nah. I hope KJA lives into old age and dies of natural causes peacefully.

I hope he lives long enough to see memory of him fade and dissapear, as it surely will. Only a spectacular death can make him into anything memorable, so I wish for him to have a long healthy life and die exactly the kind of boring death most people wish to die.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Killjoy. :snooty:

:idea:

Could he at least keel over during a break from dictahiking and cute little woodland critters eat him?! :D
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

A Thing of Eternity wrote: I hope he lives long enough to see memory of him fade and dissapear, as it surely will.
I think most people have already forgotten. Actually, I don't think they ever remembered. He's a hack journeyman ghostwriter with delusions of grandeur. Only the really passionate fans notice who he is when he comes in and shits all over something. I hope his asshole falls out.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Only a spectacular death can make him into anything memorable, so I wish for him to have a long healthy life and die exactly the kind of boring death most people wish to die.
You know, I'm not sure he'd be remembered even then. Unless he died while trying to kill someone famous.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

You know, TheKJA ending his UK trip by chasing around Prince Will with a hatchet would be spectacular ...

As would the Royal Marine Commandos filling him with enough lead to make a pencil factory. :dance:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

While dictahiking around a playground that was supposed to be the Colorado Trail, KJA was bitten by a rabid squirrel early Tuesday afternoon. Witnesses say the squirrel was driven mad by the sound of the DVR Keith carried, others claim it was the sounds going into that same DVR. By the time police arrived, Kieth was apparently trying to stomp the squirrel while raging incoherently about being a big name in sci-fi. Even though rabies isn't generally known to take effect so quickly, both dictahiker and squirrel were put down. "Ya just can't be too carefull," said Officer Hugh Jass of the Denver Co. Constabulary, "There was kids-n-familys around, he (KJA) was a danger to the citizens and himself." Witnesses seem to agree that it was the right thing to do.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

merkin muffley wrote:I hope his asshole falls out.
:shock: Oooh... the curse of the prolapsed anus! That will crap his cherished dream of one day appearing on Dancing With The Stars! :cry:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote::laughing-rolling:
merkin muffley wrote:I hope his asshole falls out.
:shock: Oooh... the curse of the prolapsed anus! That will crap his cherished dream of one day appearing on Dancing With The Stars! :cry:
If his ass fell out all those other books up there would just fall out and get published. So be careful what you wish for!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Hunchback Jack wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Only a spectacular death can make him into anything memorable, so I wish for him to have a long healthy life and die exactly the kind of boring death most people wish to die.
You know, I'm not sure he'd be remembered even then. Unless he died while trying to kill someone famous.

HBJ
Does Brian Herbert count as famous?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

DuneFishUK wrote:Does Brian Herbert count as famous?
ZING!

Line of the day! :lol:

("No, really, Brian, it's just a teensy-eensy drink ... where's the harm?")
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

From the frontier aptly titled planet Hellhole, exiled rebel General Tiber Adolphus remains adamant with his opposition to the avarice plots of the Crown Jewel worlds and Diadem Michella Duchenet. He and his cohorts know what they must do if they are to overcome the powerful elite, but to achieve it seems out of reach especially from the nightmarish orb they hide on. His side must find a means to end the royal space travel monopoly. Once that is achieved, they can go onto the next step which is to forge an alliance of Deep Zone planets.

On Sonjeera far from the Deep Zone frontier planets, Diadem Michella has issues with the ancient noble families. At the same time her preoccupation means she and her advisors fail to notice Adolphus is implementing plans that could shake the royal stranglehold on space travel and beyond that much more.

This outer space science fiction thriller pays homage to Dune with the Hellhole environ, but takes its own overall entertaining spin in spite of none of the key cast breaking out of stereotypical roles. The story line is filled with action although the ending is a disappointment as that resolves nothing except set the stage for the next saga. Still fans of Dune will enjoy this epic offspring space opera.

Harriet Klausner
The blurb above is somewhat misleading since the novel is classic space opera in the style of KJA' Seven Suns and follows the absolute same narrative structure with various pov's (good, bad, unclear which, but mostly good/bad) in various threads, in various locations throughout the settled universe - here there are 20 core-worlds exploiting 54 colony worlds of which the so called Hellhole is just one though it is quickly clear it will be the most important - threads that intertwine, separate...

As in Seven suns and especially in the Terra Incognita series, important characters can die at any time so do not get overtly fond of anyone

The writing style is the clear one familiar from the above and the book is a fun adventure you do not want to put down, a bit on the pulpy/campy side and predictable in large measure, but entertaining

As a series debut it ends on the typical KJA' semi-cliffhanger familiar from the series above and I definitely plan to read the next as soon as I get it, though my hope is the authors will keep the series manageable for its depth - currently I would say 3-4 novels, but of course if the universe expands considerably, could be more - since that was the one thing i disliked about Seven Suns

I am not familiar - no interest in the slightest - with the Dune or SW book so i cannot comment on how the co-authorship works there, but here the narrative is smooth and as mentioned very typical of KJA's original standalone series (less)
The last review is interesting since clearly identifies the book as a figment of KJA's imagination.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Whatever happened to good grammar? :doh:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SadisticCynic wrote:Whatever happened to good grammar? :doh:
You elitist snob :twisted:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Hey, Cynic, just do what Kevin told me to do when I complained about the repetition: Just skip over the grammatical errors!

Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

But that's the whole book.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Pshaw!

They usually get most of the articles and adjectives in front of the nouns! ;)

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

JizzyDam has commented on the cosprod Hellhole trailer video (without posting a wall of text :shock: ), along with some mealy mouth who smells a bit of Shawn Speaksman (but not sure).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUxH6aIXeTU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And you REALLY have to see this shit. :laughing-rolling:

DaVEEED. Oh, gawd, can't breathe... :lol: Fucking. Affected. Asshat. Shithead. :laughing:

WARNING: CAN INDUCE CONVULSIONS AROUND TIMESTAMP 12:08
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Okay, so wait ... that's just that idiot talking? For like fourteen minutes? :shock:

Yeah, pass. I'd sooner spend an evening with my Home Root Canal Kit.