McDune Parody Contest!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

McDune Parody Contest!

Post by SandChigger »

By popular demand, IT'S ANOTHER WRITING CONTEST!!!

Details here!
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Re: McDune Parody Contest!

Post by lotek »

it's gonna be a massacre !
:lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Please note that I forgot an important detail and have updated the page:

Submissions of a pictorial/graphical nature will also be accepted.

;)
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Judges beware: you may now need to take some Tums before looking at submissions.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:Please note that I forgot an important detail and have updated the page:

;)
you're crazy !

:lol:
Ampoliros

Dear Brian

Post by Ampoliros »

Just a little letter I wrote to get the 'jucies' flowing for the McDune contest. Its not eligible for submission since it deals with the authors directly but I laughed at enough I thought I'd share it.
Ampoliros Intercepted this message! wrote: Dear Brian

Its that time again! Time to squeeze out the old jucies and start on the newest ‘of Dune by Kevin J Anderson’ (and you of course old buddy!) Time to squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. Lol! Yeah I watched the 80’s Dune again last night to brush up on my lore. Anyway, as per tradition I’m writing you to put out my newest ideas for the Duniverse. My working title so far is “Trendyness of Dune”. Might change it to “Dark Trendyness” but i don’t know what the cutting edge is right now in pop culture. “Beiber of Dune”? I’m thinking we should try and take Dune more mainstream. Zombies and Vampires are the big hit right now, followed closely by Mythology. Frank loved mythology, that’s pretty apparent. They just published a new version of H.G. Wells ‘War of the Worlds’ in the series of classics with zombies. I offered to let them modify my old reworking of the story, but that publisher is one persistant dude, he kept pretending he’d never heard of me. I think sending him all those Dune promos scared him off, maybe they didn’t want to pay the big bucks for a professional author like me when the Wells’ rights were just layin around. Ironic that having a name that opens as many doors as mine can shut them as well. I never thought of myself as intimidating. Anyway, Myths and Vampires man, that’s where the money is.

Anyway, on to dune. Yeah so I was watching Iron Man the other day and kept thinking Man how much is that suit like the super awesome stillsuit? It’s a perfectly contained environment, and we know Frank loved that eco-crap. So what if Ix, in an attempt to distract the Emperium from Mua…Mya…Mud…Paul. What if they went and created a super soilder machine cyborg who went around saving people and they hired a great publicist and tried to build a super power cult around him to steal followers away from Paul? Yeah, so the evil Talaxu High Priest decides to use this opportunity to reveal their greatest secret: they already created a super soldier using the blood of an old earth villain! They have cloned Dracula and used his blood to create face dancer vampires. Think Underworld, where they mix a Vampire with a lycan shapeshifter. (Btw, shred this when your done reading it. We can’t have something with all these trademarked terms lying around if anyone says “hey you borrowed that from us…” wink wink ) Yeah so the Ix-Man guy has to team up with Paul to defeat the face dancer vampire werewolves before they zombify the galaxy. Paul can tell the face dancers from normal people because of his time with the Jongleurs. Also opens the possibility of Duncan being a Vampire prototype so we can get all dark romantic with Alia and Duncan. The girls just cream over that crap, teens will eat it up! Can you smell Movie series! I can! I already ran it by a Paramount exec and he seemed keen at the idea, he couldn’t stop nodding his head. I mean this guy looked stunned that he hadn’t thought of it first. He passed me off on an Intern and rushed off, I might have to talk to my agent to get something down in case the guy tries to short change me.

Anyway, Idol is about to come on so I’ll wrap this up. Hey wait… DUDE! The climax between Ix-man and Paul could totally be a throw down on a galacta-vid program where they ‘duke’ it out in a popularity/talent contest for the hearts and minds of the people. Ix-man can show off all his skills and Paul can do a Jongleur routine and guess cards from the audience to show off his psychic powers! I know I want to work in some kind of reality show angle, where Irulan tries to show the real gritty side of running the imperium. It sucks that those idiots in the promotion office nixed our Ghola Army theme. You’d think after all I did for Star Wars they’d at least let me carry my ideas over. I guess Lucas is still really pissed about my prequel scripts. That’s gratitude for ya, I didn’t even get to put my name on them.
Yeah well Becca and I are really excited about starting in on this next one. I’ve put aside almost two whole weeks to devote to the initial draft. I’m gonna mix it up a bit on my ‘Editing’ playlist. Indy 4 is off the list, that whole alien at the end kinda creeps me out. I’d like to keep it down to one Iron Man film so its not too obvious where that came from, but they play so well back to back. I want so bad to have Ix-man take off his helmet and its Bronso under there and he says, “that’s right, I’m Ix-man” right before Paul kicks him off the stage screaming “THIS IS RAKIS!”. I thought it would be a good setup if Paul started the trend of calling it Rakis, you know, to keep up with the trendiness theme.
Your partner in literary GENIUS! Dream Hard my man!
K-Jah

P.S. Man, you gotta make it to one of the conventions. I need someone running shotgun to deflect all these stupid “WTF Paul leaving Kaldan” questions. They’ll think twice before questioning a Herbert on Dune lore. Peace!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:Please note that I forgot an important detail and have updated the page:

;)
Good, my dogs are about due to take a shit in the snow.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well I made the mistake of writing my first idea out without reading the rules. I posted it in Gafla for anyone who wants to take a gander. Now to write something in universe....
SadisticCynic

Re: Dear Brian

Post by SadisticCynic »

Inspired!!! :lol:

I love the little spelling mistakes.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
lotek

Post by lotek »

You’d think after all I did for Star Wars they’d at least let me carry my ideas over. I guess Lucas is still really pissed about my prequel scripts. That’s gratitude for ya, I didn’t even get to put my name on them.
nice !

Needs more editing though; did you run out of dvds and beer ?
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well it was stream of consciousness with only a couple small tweaks. The idea of spewing it out without any need or desire to edit fits the intent of the piece.

More editing!?!?!?! we're emulating KJA here!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:More editing!?!?!?! we're emulating KJA here!
So put in another DVD. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep, this is gonna be fun. :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

What is it we say about reading? ;)
Tleszer wrote:Judges beware: you may now need to take some Tums before looking at submissions.
Note the changes in the judging procedures! This one's an ALL PLAY. ;)
Nekhrun wrote:Good, my dogs are about due to take a shit in the snow.
That might be acceptable, depending on how you play it. :lol:
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

So I guess we all should have a barf-bag handy.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:Well I made the mistake of writing my first idea out without reading the rules. I posted it in Gafla for anyone who wants to take a gander. Now to write something in universe....
Merged
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Good, my dogs are about due to take a shit in the snow.
That might be acceptable, depending on how you play it. :lol:
I was just going to write "Dune" under the pile in piss and snap a quick photo for submission. I just drank three beers and am just about ready!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

"Bieber of Dune" ... ???

DAMN YOU, HIVE-MIND !!1!!11!
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nekhrun wrote:I was just going to write "Dune" under the pile in piss and snap a quick photo for submission. I just drank three beers and am just about ready!
:doh: I understand the idea, but wonder if certain idiots might not co-opt it in a different meaning... :think:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Technically it was done with Paul of Dune.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Fair enough. :lol:
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

I'd like to see Lady Jessica replaced with Lady Gaga. Somehow that seems almost too consistent with McDune to me...
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

"The horror! The horror!"
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Do you mean have Lady Gaga play Jessica in the film or a story about Young Jessica's days touring the galaxy as Lady Bene Fabfab: pop star?