NFL

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Playoffs?! (NFL)

Post by Freakzilla »

I'd be happy to check for you.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

NICE. Non-football related but whatever.

Good to see Rex Ryan failing. Tim Tebow is somehow winning games. And the Lions and Bengals are actually doing good this season. Interesting.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:oops:

I meant for that to go in random crap.

So, here's week twelve Madden '12 predictions:

Atlanta 24, Minnesota 20
Falcons stay hot with win over Vikings

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videoga ... imulations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Minnesota Vikings halfback Adrian Peterson didn't practice Friday and is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons because of his high ankle sprain.

:dance:
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

WTF?
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:Image

WTF?
I like how he appears to be carrying a small cross... odd addition? Then again, he's already a centaur...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The cross isn't odd, the guy makes it well known that he's a Christian and is known for dropping to one knee and praying at random times during a game.

The centaur thing... :crazy:
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'll be on [NFL Network's]Thursday Night Football at the Georgia Dome to see The Atlanta Falcons snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I'll be the one being ejected for throwing my beer onto the field in a fit of rage.

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm excited, I don't get to go to many games!

JACKSONVILLE (4-9) AT ATLANTA (8-5)

Today, 8:20 p.m., NFL Network, WDAK-AM 540

OPENING LINE -- Falcons by 10½

RECORD VS. SPREAD -- Jacksonville 4-8-1; Atlanta 6-6-1

SERIES RECORD -- Jaguars lead 3-1

LAST MEETING -- Jaguars beat Falcons 13-7, Sept. 16, 2007

LAST WEEK -- Jaguars beat Buccaneers 41-14; Falcons beat Panthers 31-23

JAGUARS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (32), RUSH (10), PASS (32)

JAGUARS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (4), RUSH (16), PASS (4)

FALCONS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (13), RUSH (18), PASS (10)

FALCONS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (14), RUSH (5), PASS (22)

STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES -- Falcons one victory away from fourth straight winning season. Before 2008, Atlanta had never put together back-to-back winning records. ... Atlanta coach Mike Smith was defensive coordinator of Jaguars from 2003-07. ... Jacksonville RB Maurice Jones-Drew leads NFL in rushing with 1,222 yards and set franchise record with four touchdowns (two running, two receiving) in last weekend’s rout of Tampa Bay. ... Falcons WR Roddy White is 35 yards shy of fifth straight season with 1,000 yards receiving. ... Despite signing DE Ray Edwards before season, Falcons tied for 24th in league with 25 sacks. ... Atlanta QB Matt Ryan has put up passer efficiency rating higher than 110 in three of last four games. He also went past Chris Chandler for third place on team list for career yards passing with 13,353, trailing only Steve Bartkowski (23,470) and Chris Miller (14,066). ... Jaguars rookie QB Blaine Gabbert is league’s lowest-rated passer (65.3). ... Atlanta likely to be short-handed in secondary. CB Brent Grimes (knee) and Kelvin Hayden (toe) did not practice during short week and both listed as doubtful. ... Jaguars have placed league-high 27 players on injured reserve. ... Falcons RB Michael Turner has gone three straight games without rushing for 100 yards. Since joining Atlanta in 2008, he’s had only one stretch in which he went four games in a row without reaching triple figures.

-- Associated Press

Read more: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/12/ ... z1gbtLyRax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Ryan, Abraham lead Falcons to 41-14 rout of Jags

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt= ... 0111215001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:dance:

That was fun.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

alrighty, then ....

hey, tell me something about it .... I have never been to a NFL game in person ....
(for one thing, I haven't had a "team" since right before the Dallas Cowboys became
coke-heads ... )
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Parking is $20.
Beer is $7 for a 16 oz.
A Coke is $4.50 but for $6 you can get a bottomless souvenier cup.
A foot long, loaded brat dog is $8.50.
There's no color commentary from washed-up players or coaches.

Those are the negatives.

On the bright side...
The atmosphere inside a dome with 50,000 fans is exciting.
Live cheerleaders
T-Shirt cannons (they droped a bunch from the catwalk with parachutes, too).
The tailgaiting (not a lot of that going on for Thurdsay night games) and activities outside the dome are fun.

My eyes are still good so I like watching live better than on TV, all the seats in the GA Dome are pretty good. But I'm sure you know it depends on where you sit, you may only get a good view when they're playing on your end of the field.

Fortunatly, we got tickets from one of our vendors at work and the seats weren't bad, I drove so I got my co-workers to pay for parking and a beer.

I don't know what else to tell you, it's fun but way too expensive.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

There's no color commentary from washed-up players or coaches.
that'd be a positive in my book ....
I still don't understand with today's technology why
somebody isn't offering the option to mute the commentary ...

esp in NASCAR ... the only really good part any more is the "Crank it up" feature,
when the jabberheads finally stop talking for a minute & a half and you can actually
hear the cars running ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't care much for the commentary, either. They're usually down on the Falcons.

Maybe the GA Dome just needs a better announcer.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I could stand to listen to John Madden,
but only when he was tranquilized
or about half-drunk, and not raving ...

I can listen to Joe Buck call a baseball game, I like him ...

that's about it ....
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'd like Tim McCarver to die in a fire.
~Pink Snowman
ErasOmnius

Post by ErasOmnius »

I think I am going to go to the Outback Bowl to watch The Spartan Nation ruin the Dawgs.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

ErasOmnius wrote:I think I am going to go to the Outback Bowl to watch The Spartan Nation ruin the Dawgs.
We have an SEC topic.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

What you need to know about Monday Night Football game between Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints

OPENING LINE -- Saints by 6½
RECORD VS. SPREAD -- Atlanta 7-6-1; New Orleans 10-4
SERIES RECORD -- Falcons lead 45-39
LAST MEETING -- Saints beat Falcons 26-23 OT, Nov. 13
LAST WEEK -- Saints beat Vikings 42-20; Falcons beat Jaguars 41-14
FALCONS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (13), RUSH (18), PASS (9)
FALCONS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (20), RUSH (18), PASS (22)
SAINTS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (1), RUSH (8), PASS (1)
SAINTS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (24t), RUSH (13), PASS (28)

STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES -- Falcons have won seven of past nine games, with one of two loses coming against New Orleans. ... QB Matt Ryan has completed 64 percent of his passes for 544 yards, seven TDs and no INTs in last two games. ... Ryan needs 302 yards passing to become second Falcons QB with 4,000 yards passing in a season. ... WR Roddy White had 10 catches for 135 yards and two TDs last week. ... White has five TDs in his past four games and also has 1,100 yards receiving this season, his team-record fifth consecutive 1,000-yard season. ... Rookie WR Julio Jones has eight catches for 189 yards and three TDs in his past two games. ... DE John Abraham had 3 1/2 sacks and two forced fumbles last week. ... Saints have won six straight. ... QB Drew Brees leads NFL with 4,780 yards passing. ... Brees needs 305 yards to pass Hall of Fame QB Dan Marino (5,084 in 1984) for most yards passing in season. ... Brees has passed for 300 or more yards in a game 11 times this season, the most in a season in NFL history. ... Brees has 20 or more completions in NFL-record 34 straight games. ... Brees has a TD pass in 41 consecutive games, second-longest streak in NFL history behind Johnny Unitas (47). ... Jimmy Graham leads NFL TEs in receptions (87) and yards receiving (1,171). ... Saints have won nine of 11 vs. Atlanta since Sean Payton became New Orleans coach in 2006. ... Darren Sproles leads NFL with 2,292 combined yards (496 rushing, 659 receiving, 888 on kickoff returns, 249 on punt returns).--

Associated Press
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Oh yeah, the Falcons clinched a playoff spot with the Bears loss last night.

~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

I saw that chick on the NBC broadcast too^^^.

The Saints will probably will I think. Them and the Packers and the two main threats in the NFC, I'm not sold on the 49ers yet...AFC is really weird this season, Ravens are probably the best team, but extremely inconsistent, Steelers are decent but nothing special, Texans are alright, but lately they seem kinda unmotivated. Patriots definitely look good, but they've been playing shitty teams...barely beat the Dolphins, let the Colts come back from 31-3 to 31-24...and the defense, if you've ever seen it, is GOD awful, opponents pour in 10+ yard plays with ease.

As for the wild card teams, the Falcons and the Lions are looking pretty good, whichever one of them doesn't face the Saints might win their first playoff game. In the AFC, Bengals might be able to win against the Texans, or whatever terrible team the AFC West throws up, but no one else. Jets could potentially do another playoff run with this weak AFC field.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Sandwurm88 wrote:I saw that chick on the NBC broadcast too^^^.
I'd do her. Especially for football tickets.
The Saints will probably will I think.
Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The last four Falcons-Saints games have been decided by three points, so pretty much anything goes...
~Pink Snowman