Anyone know what this is?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Anyone know what this is?

Post by Omphalos »

All of a sudden sites just like this one keep posting trackbacks on my book review site. Cannot tell what this is all about. Is it a google adword thing? Should I be deleting these comments as spam? Ive gotten a ton of them over the last few weeks.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Re: Anyone know what this is?

Post by inhuien »

I've no idea mate, sorry.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Ahp! Forgot to post a link and now Ive deleted it. Ill put up a link to the next one. Sorry for the brainfart.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No idea what it was, but the spammers have been busy lately. I probably deleted 30 spam comments on the blog yesterday. (And my blog doesn't get that much daily traffic. So image what the big blogs must have to deal with! :shock: )
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:No idea what it was, but the spammers have been busy lately. I probably deleted 30 spam comments on the blog yesterday. (And my blog doesn't get that much daily traffic. So image what the big blogs must have to deal with! :shock: )
I had 15 yesterday. Some fucker named Jonn1 and Jonn2 has been spamming the hell out of me lately.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I cleaned out about 10 before logging in here this morning and just checked and found two new ones, from "Yixing teapots" and "English Teacher Online".

A couple of months back the ploy was to insult the blogger and try to get into an argument. Lately they've gone back to flattery: "I genuinely loved reading your post. Thanks!" and "Neat blog layout! Very easy on the eyes.. i like the colors you picked out."

:roll:
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Flattery isn't nearly as much fun. :(
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I am shocked that so many of them still write in Engrish. Ypu would think that by now some enterprising students would ghost some passable messages for them to post.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes, ypu would, wouldn't ypu? ;) :lol:
SadisticCynic wrote:Flattery isn't nearly as much fun. :(
True. And it gets them just as nowhere as abuse. ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

w/o even seeing the example, I will tell you it is the work of Calvin Woon & the Singapore Spam Mafia ....

http://forumposter.imbuzzcreators.com/viral/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Date:Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dear Forum Marketer,

I'm sure you should be no stranger to surfing forums and how they can be used
to help you build credibility.

By posting helpful information regularly on highly trafficked forums in your niche
is indeed one of the best ways to be quickly recognized as a regular info contributor
and expert in the niche.

But have you ever felt overwhelmed by the sheer amount of forums in your industry
and wished you could have an easy way of managing your posts in the various forums?

If you have, then you're not alone. I'm sure all forum marketers face this consistent problem
as sometimes, it can be difficult to keep track of all the forums that you regularly visit. Also,
having to make multiple posts and multiple posts can get EXTREMELY tedious.

Now if you're looking for a quick and easy way to organize your forum postings and login
details, look no further as we have GOOD NEWS for you!

We've come up with another amazing piece of software which allows you manage your forum
marketing efforts with just a few clicks of the mouse - Forum Buzz.
Forum Buzz offers the easiest and fastest way to customize forum posts and messages and
helps you to organize them easily. You can keep a list of forums that are related to your niche
as well as save your forum login details.

All these will free up a HUGE chunk of your time and enable you to be recognized as an expert
in your field in the quickest time possible!

&etc. up to part where you give Calvin your credit card & bank account information ...

and now, here's Joe Cocker ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDakdp5WZ0&[/youtube]

video is mis-labeled, BTW;
this is not the woodstock performance,
but check out the sound Joe makes @4:27 ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Yes, ypu would, wouldn't ypu? ;) :lol:;)
Ibte me.

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Yes, ypu would, wouldn't ypu? ;) :lol:;)
Ibte me.
Ypu mran, bote mr. :twisted: :P
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Calvin Woon would fit into the Requiem for a Dream universe.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
lotek

Post by lotek »

you re gonna have to explain the link between heavy and unwitting use of amphetamines and spam :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

You should always do amphetamines wittingly. :snooty:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

lotek wrote:you re gonna have to explain the link between heavy and unwitting use of amphetamines and spam :)
Calvin Woon reminds me of Tappy Tibbons...

"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

30 days w/o an orgasm ?

shit ... I done gone ALOT longer than that ....

hell, I've gone more'n thirty days w/o thinking about fixing to try to think about an erection ....

but yeah .... I guess that changed my life ....

but hey, now, Calvin Woon & the "IM Buzz" type of thing is not really snake-oil .... I think it would be possible
to turn a profit using the schemes and "tools" he provides ... it's just that >>>

1) we're talking fractions of pennies per click from ad-revenue, and that's just a shitload of work, without having
Thai sex slaves in the backroom pounding on keyboards 24/7

&

2) again, there is no "PRODUCTION" or "SERVICE" here ... the point is to get "eyes-on-page" by Whatever Means Necessary ... the poor honest
dumbass Innerwebz User is not swindled out of money (unless they sign up for Calvin's "Webinars"), but they are swindled out of time and effort
if they were searching for "information" (remember that? purpose of the "Net"? the "Information Highway" ?) and ended up on a "BlahgBuzz" fake
page w/ no real content, or meaningless Engrish content stolen and ran thru the "ArticleBuzz" software (which you can buy & "rebrand" and sell !!)

the "ad agency" that sells the ads for the Buzzed-up page isn't out anything, either - they're paying out a fraction of what they charged the "client" -
now THOSE folks are getting screwed, because the likelihood of getting a sale out of a Buzz-click is probably pretty fucking thin, but then, there
is always the Ten Thousand Monkeys and a Typewriter theory .... which explains 99% of the SciFi Innernetz Authors, but I digress ...

and the "clients" don't really give a damn either, I don't think ... they're ad-pushers for some other conglomerate of Sneaky Corporate Bastards
who have a big-ass Ad Budget to spend, and placing tens of thousands of "web-ads" looks good on the Quarterlies ... never mind where they
were placed or how effective they are ....

but, again ... (and again)(& again)(&etc) my main Bitch is that Calvin Woon and His Ilk are the people responsible for destroying the "trust" in the
"Information" on the net ... altho, they of course did not invent lying & deception & cheating folks out of a dime at every turn (that was the
Jews, right Chiggie ?) and while they are not the total-sum "cause" of this Societal Infection, they are Agents ...

they say - ahhhwww, we just playin' system YOU built ! You no can blame us ! We take advantage of opportunity presented ! It Legal !!

and that's what the Accounting Cocksuckers on Wall Street told the Federal Congress,
as the Federal Reserve Banking System was (literally) printing One Million Dollar Bills to keep the corporate banks' doors open,
cutting the heads off chickens and praying to the little baby jesus that the whole thing wouldn't just fucking collapse and the
Angry Citizens wouldn't come with torches and pitchforks and Burn the MotherFucker Down .....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Here's an example or two of the stuff I found in the spam comments on the blog this morning:
Bree wrote:I was reading through some of your posts on this website and I think this website is very informative ! Continue putting up.
Sure thing, Cheese Girl, as long as you start putting out. ;)

The ones I hate are the really lame questions that anyone actually looking at the blog would KNOW the answers to. Like
learn Spanish fast wrote:I found this site under my bookmarks, probably bookmarked it my wife. Do you have a rss or something like this? I want to add you to my rss reader, becous liked this article especially your way how to explain this.
Graphic w/link at bottom of the page. Or links in the "Subscribe" section of the right column stuff. :roll:
how to get rid of moobs wrote:We love your site theme can you tell me the name of it or where you downloaded it? thanks.
Ibid. Bottom of the page. :roll: (I noticed quite sadly a couple of weeks ago that the designer of the theme has decided to shut down her site for economic reasons. :( I use two of her themes on the HToD blogs. KJA uses one on his, too. Note though that the right column is not fucked up on either of my blogs. :snooty: :dance: )

However, the best spammer name out of the 17 comments this morning has to be...

oral pissing :shock:

Who was advertising site: peeing movies dot net. :lol: (Urophilia... it really does mean you like things you're a' peein'.)
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

So. Much. Wordplay. :o

You must be in a real good mood tonight. (Today, this morning, wherever you are).
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

11:30 AM and I'm still just on my first jumbo cup of high-oct coffee! :dance:

Don't have to be back in the office until January 6th. :dance:

Currently writing/programming a PHP webpage to automatically conjugate Fremen verbs. :dance:

Hoping to finish the Winds synopsis and get the ones for the Legends books started. :think: :pray:

FUN TIMES! 8-)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote: (I noticed quite sadly a couple of weeks ago that the designer of the theme has decided to shut down her site for economic reasons. :( I use two of her themes on the HToD blogs. KJA uses one on his, too. Note though that the right column is not fucked up on either of my blogs. :snooty: :dance: )
I was using that one KJA uses at my Law & Science Fiction blog before KJA started using it too. Almost made me take it down. Would have done so had it not been so damn cool.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, Mina did good work. It's too bad she didn't make enough from donations to keep her site going. :(

I've tweaked the themes I'm using for the blogs, but every time an update becomes available I wonder if it's going to break something and I won't be able to fix it. :?