The end of Caprica [SPOILERS]

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Shaitan

The end of Caprica [SPOILERS]

Post by Shaitan »

SandRider wrote:anyway, please g'head and give us all the gory, horseshit details right here ...
there is NO WAY I'm ever going to watch the last episodes, seeing as how I
quit after the first two or three, anyway ...

just re-edit your OP with a huge warning
Hyre thyre be Spoilers
and go to town ...

I like hearing about trainwrecks and shitheels stepping on their own peckers ...
Has anyone seen episode 17 of Caprica, "Here Be Dragons"? I'll avoid spoilers in this post, but inevitably this thread will have to go there so if you haven't seen it (it's readily available in the usual places, since SyFy canceled it and won't air the final five episodes until January 4th when they'll run right in a row)....and if you want to....you may want to wait until you have before you read further.

Suffice to say, it was a seriously fucked up ending and sets up episode 18 to possibly rise above the show's imperfections. We'll see, I suppose...
Last edited by Shaitan on 28 Nov 2010 07:15, edited 4 times in total.
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ
Kojiro

Re: The end of Caprica

Post by Kojiro »

I don't even know what Caprica is. I just get the basic channels on my digital antenna box.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It's not showing over here, and I didn't see any of it while back in the States, but from what I've read of the scenario I'm just not that interested. (Sounds like it suffers from the same silly "time compression" that made the Legends books such plausible and successful stories. ;) )

R.I.P.
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

Okay, so SPOILER WARNING....

William Adama is dead? WTF?!

Don't tell me this is setting him up to be the first skin-job Cylon and just, uh, never know it? I assume the finale will be less outlandish than that, but one can never tell with Ronald D. Moore....
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

Kojiro wrote:I don't even know what Caprica is. I just get the basic channels on my digital antenna box.
*cough* BitTorrent *cough*
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Shaitan wrote:William Adama is dead? WTF?!
See, that's the kind of "clever" shit I'm talking about.

It's the same mindset as KJA's, playing fast and loose with already established fictional reality.

Stupid shit, in other words.

Thanks for confirming my existing bias about this show. ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

yeah, me too ...

fool me once, shame ... shame on me ... uhh ... fool me twice .. uh, won't get fooled again ...

fuck'em in their necks .... the only reason I got hooked into watching BSG in the first place
was that Starbuck was hot ... really hot, pushed all my buttons ... beautiful, sexy, mean, angry,
fucks for revenge & tension headaches, fucking cold-cocked a colonel ... great tummy, too,
all rippling and sweaty and ... uh .... hang on, s'cuse me a minute ...

[edit]
yeah, so that was a false alarm ...

anyway, please g'head and give us all the gory, horseshit details right here ...
there is NO WAY I'm ever going to watch the last episodes, seeing as how I
quit after the first two or three, anyway ...

just re-edit your OP with a huge warning
Hyre thyre be Spoilers
and go to town ...

I like hearing about trainwrecks and shitheels stepping on their own peckers ...
[/edit]
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I have watched the first 16 episodes. So far I find it disappointing with the occasional good episode though. I can see why this series failed to attract enough audience to allow for a second season and that is a shame because I think it could have been a nice addition to the Battlestar Gallactica series ...
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

Serkanner wrote:I have watched the first 16 episodes. So far I find it disappointing with the occasional good episode though. I can see why this series failed to attract enough audience to allow for a second season and that is a shame because I think it could have been a nice addition to the Battlestar Gallactica series ...
Check out 17. I thought it had some good elements and maybe, just maybe, could have salvaged something from this trainwreck sequel of a trainwreck reboot of a goofball ripoff trying to capitalize on the post-Star Wars appetite for space opera in the worst sense of the term.

We'll have to see how Moore et al. close out this plot in Ep. 18; I'm not holding my breath for something much better than BSG's "Blah Blah Blah....Oh, They Were Angels" ending.

As for what Sandrider said....I hear that. I think that you'll quickly find, if my forthcoming series project ever manages to make its way onto your screen(s), that I use hotness extensively in my work. It will make casting for live-action video scenes a difficult job....but someone has to do it. 8)