I just found out...I'm a headcase!!!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

I just found out...I'm a headcase!!!

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Woo-hoo, it's gonna be easy-sailing from now on!!
But seriously, my school caught me smoking weed, and they are making me go to a drug counselor for a few months, why, I cannot fathom, because it is legal in California, I've barely done it that much, it isn't addictive...but yeah, therapy is kind of fun, to be honest. Any of you guys disagree with sending sixteen year old kids to a therapist because he did what ever other sixteen year old kid does? I'm trolling for sympathy, by the way, and I knew that there are a lot of cannabis enthuasists on this board.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: I just found out...I'm a headcase!!!

Post by Nekhrun »

You'll get no sympathy from me if you were silly enough to get caught. I taught in a recovery school for 10 years so I know why schools take it so seriously. And by the way, pot is addictive and whomever told you otherwise is an idiot.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

the problem with THC and a developing brain is just that - your brain is still developing, and THC can really screw with
things in the prefrontal lobe like motivation, prioritizing tasks, emotional control and stable moods ... into the early
twenties, these (chemical) functions are mostly stable, and dope doesn't have any lasting effects, with a few exceptions
in the cases of specific mood disorders ....

it's kinda like cigarette smoking in this regard - the chemicals in tobacco alter the course of some specific DNA-regulated
functions that can and do spin-off into all kinds of cancers ... so f'instance, a guy who smoked from 13-25 and then quit
for good has a much higher chance of developing cancer that someone who started smoking like a Union Pacific locomotive
at 25 ... of course, that's not saying anything about emphysema and other (physical) damage to the lung sacs ...

it's ironic that in this country weed smoking is something kids do, then "grow out it" & quit (mostly), which is the most
dangerous scenario there is .... so I'm telling you, quit smoking now, get thru college (or whatever), then smoke your
head off ... or, more likely, you'll find the THC buzz kinda boring and start looking for that good natural hallucinogenic
stuff - mushrooms, peyote, bindweed tea, yucca root, etc. ....

the point is that the brain chemistry doesn't settle down and fully even-out until the early twenties - so any kinda of
negative-impacting drug you toss on it will have ... well, a negative impact ....

after that, recreational drugs and alcohol just fuck up the body, not the brain so much, (again unless you have some
specific mood disorders) so that's the reason for shrinks and clinical psychologists asking lots of questions of adults about
their drug use as teenagers - those surveys sometime produce an immediate answer for whatever problem is at hand
in the present ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Both of these guys are right. Pot is definitely addictive. And at the very least, you'll want to let your brain develop.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Aquila ka-Hecate

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

Sandwurm,

There seems to be evidence for psychological addiction more than physical addiction.
I'm a 'clean' addict myself, and withdrawal symptoms for cannabis have nothing -absolutley nothing - on those for alcohol and benzodiazapines.

I'm in favour of people taking responsibility for their own personal states of consciousness, and I'm made mildly angry by the disinfo about entheogens propogated by the national systems of citizen control.

That said, there may be evidence of an inflated risk of psychosis when cannabis is taken at an early age, as suggested by the guys above. I would take that risk seriously if I were you, and lay off the pot until your brain and body have settled down into a mature state. But it's your body, your brain.
lotek

Post by lotek »

I guess that teenagers can develop monomaniac obsessions much more easily than adults(well any sane adult)
For some it'll be a rock band or a sci fi author, for others it'll be puff.

I guess you do need some advice and help, but I doubt a therapist would give you the kind you'll get from people here(ie the sandrider)
Make up your own mind, decide what you want in life.
If what you want is smoking weed then go for it, just know that it'll stop you from doing a lot of other things too!
It's all a matter of priorities, in the end we are alone in our choices so even if you're frowned upon or whatever, you can decide to do anything you want if you can support that lifestyle.
If you depend on others their advice will be more difficult to ignore.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

You know where sympathy is in the dictionary?

It's between shit and syphilys and we ain't got none of those.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Shit, my sympathy got me siphyllis!
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Freakzilla wrote:You know where sympathy is in the dictionary?

It's between shit and syphilys and we ain't got none of those.
High Five!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Aquila ka-Hecate wrote:Sandwurm,

There seems to be evidence for psychological addiction more than physical addiction.
I'm a 'clean' addict myself, and withdrawal symptoms for cannabis have nothing -absolutley nothing - on those for alcohol and benzodiazapines.

I'm in favour of people taking responsibility for their own personal states of consciousness, and I'm made mildly angry by the disinfo about entheogens propogated by the national systems of citizen control.

That said, there may be evidence of an inflated risk of psychosis when cannabis is taken at an early age, as suggested by the guys above. I would take that risk seriously if I were you, and lay off the pot until your brain and body have settled down into a mature state. But it's your body, your brain.
Yarp +1

Tobacco is addictive - don't smoke regular cigarettes ever. You will never stop.
The Lifestyle is addictive - "You wanting an bit of this?" followed by "roll another one" and achieving fuck all in the process. :)

The actual weed - is nothing if you remove the other 2 elements.

Re: Psychosis - it can happen. Lad I went to school with started ~17ish and proper fucked his brain with weed - as in irreversible fucked. Bad times. It is rare, but it can't hurt to lay off for a couple of years.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Plenty of people out there who insist pot isn't addictive and they're smoking all day, and they're mysteriously not following through on anything, and they're spending a lot of money that they don't have, and they have trouble doing things without smoking, and they start to have legal consequences (like being ordered to a drug counselor) but they won't take a look at what they're doing because pot isn't addictive.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

You deserve a beating, not counselling, for being retarded enough to get caught.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

No doubt. Seriously, Sole Man, if you want to do some chronic — bad idea, BTW, but I don't expect you to heed that — at least don't do it on school grounds. Schools have more rules than entire governments these days. You're lucky you weren't lined up against a wall.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Sandwurm88 wrote:I just found out...I'm a headcase!!!
you mean you're a pothead
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Could you please rephrase that in a Dune-vein?
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

lotek wrote:
Sandwurm88 wrote:I just found out...I'm a headcase!!!
you mean you're a pothead

No, I think headcase is the right term in this case. :whistle:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

I didn't get "caught" per se. Someone who I thought was my friend told on me.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

It's not paranoia if it's actually happening...
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Just because you think everyone hates you that doesn't necessarily mean you're paranoid. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'm all for people smoking weed, but children have to be punished when they're caught otherwise they'll smoke too much of it and give themselves drainbramage.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sandwurm88 wrote:Someone who I thought was my friend told on me.
Well, then, you learned TWO important lessons, didn't you?

1. Don't do stupid shit at school (that way you CAN'T get caught); and
2. Choose your "friends" more wisely.

:)
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote:Could you please rephrase that in a Dune-vein?
:lol:
SandWrrm

Post by SandWrrm »

Sandwurm88 wrote:I didn't get "caught" per se. Someone who I thought was my friend told on me.
Mwa-Mwa-Mwa-Mwaaaaaaa....... :doh:

Pot is psychologically addictive- you get addicted to the idea and action of smoking and the feelings that come with it, not the pot itself. Personally, I don't know why anyone would do it, but I am a productive person with goals in life, and a whole lot of people *COUGHCOUGH* are not.
...You feel flesh crisping... like chicken. You feel flesh... dropping off... like crumbs from chicken...
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandWrrm wrote:
Sandwurm88 wrote:I didn't get "caught" per se. Someone who I thought was my friend told on me.

Pot is psychologically addictive- you get addicted to the idea and action of smoking and the feelings that come with it, not the pot itself. Personally, I don't know why anyone would do it, but I am a productive person with goals in life, and a whole lot of people *COUGHCOUGH* are not.
I know lots of very productive people that smoke pot, it's not any worse than people who drink. I don't because I don't enjoy it myself, but I do drink a fair bit (don't get drunk often though, pretty sure I'm not an alcoholic...).
SandWrrm

Post by SandWrrm »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
SandWrrm wrote:

I know lots of very productive people that smoke pot, it's not any worse than people who drink. I don't because I don't enjoy it myself, but I do drink a fair bit (don't get drunk often though, pretty sure I'm not an alcoholic...).
That's true; I see your point. It just seems to be that the majority of people who smoke pot (or maybe I'm playing into a useless stereotype,) don't do a whole lot else.
...You feel flesh crisping... like chicken. You feel flesh... dropping off... like crumbs from chicken...