Re: The Walking Dead New series!

Post by Omphalos »

I am totally stoked for this.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Post by lotek »

Omphalos wrote:I am totally stoked for this.
http://www.theonion.com/video/report-mo ... tti,14386/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and yeah it does look good :)

(starts just like 28 days later but I guess it's a bit too obvious not to be some form of hamage_did 28DL get the idea from someone else?)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

28 Days Later precedes Walking Dead by 1 year, 2002 vs 2003. But are they not both leaning on the shoulders of Day of the Triffids?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

They each stand on their own. :wink:

I've been reading TWD religiously since it debuted. This is, IMHO, by far the best graphic novel series ever done. I am hearing a lot of good things about the TV show. As a matter of fact, we only have basic cable, and are in the process of getting an upgrade specifically so I can watch this show.

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I guess I just don't get it.

I bought the first TPB last year, read it, wasn't that impressed, and was happy to get about 75 percent of my money back by re-selling it. It wasn't bad by any means, and it had a couple of standout moments, but it didn't do anything new or fresh that I could spot.

It might be a case of me just not getting it, though, because the evidence points to WD being highly regarded. The series has like 47 TPBs now, its fans are rabid, it gets great reviews, and now, obviously, here comes the movie.

I just don't grok what's going on here. Maybe I just don't like Kirkman (I thought Invincible was a cure for insomnia; I couldn't re-sell it fast enough).
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A by "movie," I guess I mean "TV series." Jesus, I guess I haven't been paying attention at all. :doh:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

TPB?
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"Trade paperback" ... "graphic novel" works well, too. Collected editions of the comic series.

I was just looking at this one at Amazon, for instance:

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-11-F ... pd_sim_b_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

The Walking Dead is also one of the only comic series that is released in print and digitally at the same time. Other publishers are running several months to years behind.

I know Warren ellis keeps singing the praises of TWD.

I have the first issue waiting to be read on the ipad.

Rob
lotek

Post by lotek »

I thought it meant the new series, as in never been done before...
2003? Wow...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Zombie Outbreak Hits Cobb
'Walking Dead' Films At Local Office Park
Posted: 11:20 am EDT June 13, 2011
Updated: 11:54 am EDT June 13, 2011

COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- Cobb County residents were confronted with a zombie outbreak Monday morning.

The AMC hit drama “The Walking Dead” was filming at an office park. The intersection of Cobb Parkway and Riverwood Parkway was closed for several hours during filming.

Last week, the show's filming shut down a Hampton highway for five days. Some residents complained of backups, while others said filming is worth the economic impact -- which is estimated at $2.1 billion in Georgia.

Cobb residents were warned that the zombie mayhem was heading to their county. Message boards were set up on Cobb Galleria Parkway. Cobb police said traffic delays could be brought by zombies and simulated gunfire.

“Dead,” which is headed into its second season, follows a group of people trying to survive in the wake of a zombie epidemic.

Copyright 2011 by WSBTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28219624/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I love this show. I have the six episodes on my Apple TV and have watched them three times so far, and rearing up for a 4th. I keep hearing nasty rumors that the show's budget is going to be cut by AMC because of general network concerns, but the show itself is not in danger.

This weeked I watched The Mist, an adaptation of a Stephen King novells that was directed by Darabont, who directs this show, and stars several of The Walking Dead's actors. Damn good movie, with a sick ending that was changed from the source material.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The shoot drew quite a crowd of spectators, both fans and bystanders, according to the news.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I'm sure it did. That show is a pretty big deal, and it sounds like it's great for Atlanta. And I'd bet you have at least a couple more seasons there before they move out of GA northward to DC.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

There's a lot of filming here lately. The news said that ATL is in the top five places to shoot and that the majority of the work being done is by local crews. Very good for the local economy.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:The news said that ATL is in the top five places to shoot
And still you opposes the gun control! :roll:

:P

I'm psyched for season 2! :dance: