A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:We'll have to remember that and give it serious thought before we make the decision whether to annex you into the Candexico empire. :wink:

(Is that the name I came up with before? Can't recall...)
Don't fool yourself one bit. As soon as global warming makes Mexico and the US uninhabitable all of us will be rolling over your boarders to annex your northern farmlands and recapture the seceeded state of Alaska. I'll be sure to stop by and say 'Hi!' as I roll by on my way up to my new home in Whitehorse. :wink:
Well -I guess it's a race to see what happens first, this global warming scenario you speak of, or China calling in the US's debt and Canada buying states for 10 or 12 bucks a piece at the bankruptcy auction! :shock:
You can have Georgia, Delaware and DC. As for the rest, them's fightin' words! (At least until they are uninhabitable). I demand PEI in compensation for the affront!
Instead of PEI how's about you take Quebec in advance? We want the states that are already practically Canadian anyways, Hawaii, Washington, and whichever other ones are cool, maybe California... you guys have too many for me to remember them all! Ooo, and whichever ones make that Cajun food. I like that stuff.

You can also take one of our Prairie provinces, half of Alberta would join the US right now if they had their say. It could become North Monatana or somesuch.
We want your oil, your uranium, your Pacfic port cities, your crop lands and your women, so we take BC, Alberta, everything up north and everything within 100 miles of the boarder. We'll give Quebec to the Walt Disney Corporation (they're the only ones, as far as I can tell, who can get French people to accept American institutions, plus it kinda looks disneyish there already). Hell, I guess we'd better get Manitoba and Ontario too, seeing as they have coastal access. And wherever your h hockey schools are, we get those too. You get the maritimes and Skatachewan, teh entire American south to Texas, Delaware, DC, and hell, Ill throw in Cuba too. At least until we want them back. You can also have Guam and the Northern Mariannas. I figure your population would fit there, plus, they're warm. How's that sound?
Only if we get Washington and Hawaii, and we keep BC. (other than BC and the Maritimes I don't care much!).
Nupe. Sorry. It's 310,000,000 vs. 34,000,000, and we're great at beating back your English masters. plus we can come at you from two sides. Your unique qualities and distinctiveness will be assimilated.
Oh but this won't be much of a war, you'll have pawned your army to convince China not to invade, so even with all the gun owners this will be no cake walk!

I can't believe we're still going with this!
All of a sudden I had an urge to watch Canadian Bacon, but couldn't get to the video store. Guess you got the brunt of it, my man.
I don't think I've ever seen that movie.

It's quite hilarious. The only non-documentary film Michael Moore ever directed, FYI. A lot of it was shot right here in Hamilton too.

But on the subject of donuts, I think the "long john" might just have been a creation of Tim Hortons, but as far as I'm concerned a donut is fried dough in any shape. Hey thang, remember Tim Hortons "fanceys" like the wedges and bowties? I'd kill to have one of those again.

And lotek, I have to ask... Where the heck are you from, asking such a question in the first place? Maybe it's my Canadian bias, but it really made me laugh reading that question for the first time.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: What are donuts/doughuts?

Post by Freakzilla »

In New Orleans they're Beignets
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Freakzilla wrote:In New Orleans they're Beignets
That makes sense, since the French word is "beigne"

Which, by the way, was part of STANDARD CURRICULUM up here! :P
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
lotek

Post by lotek »

Drunken Idaho wrote:

In France it is indeed beignets; the word "beigne" is colloquial for a slap ;)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

lotek wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:

In France it is indeed beignets; the word "beigne" is colloquial for a slap ;)
Yeah... our French is a few hundred years seperate from France French... from doughnut to slap or vice versa, language moves in mysterious ways! :lol: