Light Cycles - Own One!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Light Cycles - Own One!

Post by Freakzilla »

lotek wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
lotek wrote:well yes and no, I was just trying to see if you could actually come up with a theory that would validate the cheesy view of the future found in Tron, both past and present.
Tron isn't set in the future. It's inside a computer.
I meant past Tron(1982) and future Tron(2010).
But you have a point though, when is the original story set , is it the 80s ? I don't remember that detail...
It was set in the "present" which at the time was 1982.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Thanks !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

From what I've seen of the latest clips posted on the TRON Legacy YouTube feed/page within the last five days, it looks like the technology used in the new upgraded Grid does interface more directly with a person/program's "mind" and could possibly put heads-up displays either in the visors you see the characters wearing on their helmets....or in the characters' eyes themselves. I guess we'll have to see when the film comes out in a week's time.

I wanted to try to see it in 3D (my first 3D film since seeing Captain EO at Disneyland in the 80s)on opening day with my son who will be about to turn 5 and is a rabid fan of the original movie....been looking forward to the release of the sequel for practically half of his life....but I'm not sure the family logistics with our one car will work out for that since my daughter is only 2.5 and isn't ready to deal with that kind of sensory overload, particularly in a public theater. So we might have to wait a day or two to find family available for taking care of her while the three of us go to the movie at the local IMAX.

Right now I just want it all figured out, so I can have tickets in hand! The new video clips on youtube particularly solidify my feeling that this will actually not suck.....
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ
lotek

Post by lotek »

Shaitan wrote:I wanted to try to see it in 3D (my first 3D film since seeing Captain EO at Disneyland in the 80s)
that's the m jackson one isn't it ?
I saw that in (Euro)Disney ages ago !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

lotek wrote:
Shaitan wrote:I wanted to try to see it in 3D (my first 3D film since seeing Captain EO at Disneyland in the 80s)
that's the m jackson one isn't it ?
I saw that in (Euro)Disney ages ago !
Yeah. It was seriously creepy, and of course, being a Jackson project, contained lots of kids.
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ