United States
12%
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

nampigai

Re: [Totally OT] World Cup prediction thread

Post by nampigai »

@TheDukester – Italy could surprise, and after their horrible HORRIBLE European cup – they sure in hell have something to prove for everyone, especially the Italians.

@Chanilover – if the USA wins I’ll praise KJA on facebook for a week!
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

nampigai wrote:@Chanilover – if the USA wins I’ll praise KJA on facebook for a week!
Don't write checks your ass can't cash.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

I'll even join his fanclub on facebook aswell.

not that I don't think the USA have an ok team, I just really don't think they'll win...though now I think I may have to put down a bet on them...just to have something positive if they win.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

nampigai wrote:...– if the USA wins I’ll praise KJA on facebook for a week!

I can't believe you said that. :crazy: :lol: You know the US will win now just because you said that. :tissue2:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

that's why I have to bet on them :-)
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I think that idea is hysterical. I want to play, too!

Let's see here ... okay, if the U.S. wins the World Cup, I will purchase the entire McDune line**, then read four chapters per night for exactly one year.

**In paperback
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

What am I gonna do with y'all boys? :character-daphne: :roll: :romance-grouphug:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

if the US wins the World Cup,
I will drink an entire bottle of Evan Williams in one sitting ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:if the US wins the World Cup,
Hmm, wasn't familiar with that one...Now I am:

"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Ah, I see. To make Kentucky bourbon better you age it seven years, then give it bleached hair and a boob job. Got it.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:if the US wins the World Cup,
You'll probably do that anyway. :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

Spain just annihalated Poland 6-0!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world- ... 60910.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WAGs: England’s group of death

By Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports
jun 9, 13:53 EDT

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – They are some of the most photographed faces in soccer, yet they don’t make bone-crunching tackles or score spectacular goals.

They live the celebrity lifestyle and throw their money around like any self-respecting superstar, but they won’t even kick a ball during the World Cup.

They are the wives and girlfriends of the England soccer team, and they could be the United States’ biggest secret weapon in South Africa this summer.

The WAGs, as they have become derisively known, are a marauding force of champagne-guzzling, credit card-wielding, wild-partying paparazzi fodder who did such a spectacular job of focusing the spotlight upon themselves at the last World Cup that they were cited among the primary reasons behind England’s failure to get past the quarterfinals.

Their ostentatious antics became more than a mere sideshow in Germany in 2006. They also proved to be a distraction and an embarrassment to both their partners and to English soccer.

Four years later, the issue of how to deal with the problem called Victoria, Coleen, Carly, Abbey and others has raised its head for England.

U.S. coach Bob Bradley has no such worries.

“It is a different situation with England than anyone else,” USA defender Jay DeMerit said. “They have created this WAG culture and it comes with added pressure.

“If it is not handled in the right way, then it can be a distraction and could definitely be a positive for us.”

Hard-line England coach Fabio Capello described the WAG culture as a “virus.” Though his true meaning may have gotten lost amid his broken English, many would agree with that assessment.

In 2006, the WAGs donned their high heels and designer outfits and swept into Baden Baden, a picturesque little German town that had never seen anything like it. Within a couple of days, the news of their attempts to turn shopping and champagne drinking into Olympic sports filtered back to England. At one boutique, a posse of WAGs spent more than $80,000 – in less than an hour.

Then there was the drinking. Tens of thousands of dollars were lavished on top-of-the-range champagne, leading to dancing on tables into the not-so-early hours.

WAG behavior became front-page news and a salivating English public tuned in each day to see what this unstoppable group of aesthetically pleasing females was going to get into next. Meanwhile, their significant others were trying to go about the small matter of attempting to win the World Cup.

If Capello had his way, the nearest the team’s partners would get to South Africa would be a television set. Some, including the wives of Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney, have decided to stay at home.

David Beckham’s wife, Victoria, widely acclaimed as the queen of the WAGs, has opted for a low-key luxury villa in Cape Town for herself and the couple’s three sons while her injured husband acts as coach and scout for Capello.

However, despite Capello’s insistence that no wives and girlfriends are to be allowed anywhere near England’s training camp, reports have emerged that several of them have booked the $6,000-per-night penthouse suites at a resort just 15 minutes from the national team’s base in Rustenburg.

Given that Capello recently threw a fit of fury upon discovering that squad member Emile Heskey had broken a team rule by bringing a cell phone to dinner last year, you can only imagine what the response would be to an unapproved visit from a loved one.

In the USA camp, there are issues to sort out regarding the wives and girlfriends, but they are of a dramatically different nature. It would be unfair to taint the American ladies with the WAG brush. In general, they are an intelligent, unobtrusive and anonymous bunch, and few are widely known, although Clint Dempsey’s wife Bethany did pose for the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

The biggest dilemma for the Americans was how to get the women to South Africa and how to pay for it. The U.S.’s wives and girlfriends are situated more than an hour’s drive from the team base in Pretoria at a classy hotel in the well-to-do Johannesburg suburb of Sandton.

“We run a program to help the families get out there to the tournament,” U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati said. “Obviously there are different challenges this time around and South Africa is not a cheap and easy place to get to.

“However, we understand the benefit in having them here and the positive influence they have on the players.”
http://www.shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/ ... toViewer=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

there you go, I change my pick : Anglish WAGs FTW ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

England vs. USA... only a mere 18 hours away...

:flags-usa:
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Well, it was one hell of an exciting day today...Two TIES!!! Yes!

Aquila ka-Hecate

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

Nekhrun wrote:Well, it was one hell of an exciting day today...Two TIES!!! Yes!
You should've been here :roll:

Joburg went mad. Well, madder than usual.

I was dreading the outcome of a lose for Bafana Bafana. But as it was, people blew bloody vuvuzelas into the early hours of this morning, celebrating our 1-1 draw with Mexico.

For what it's worth, one of our most respected sangomas has predicted that Argentina will take the cup. :o
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:England vs. USA... only a mere 18 hours away...

:flags-usa:
45 minutes...
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Have to admit, I voted for England in this thread, but my heart is with the US team for this one.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Woot! I got yer tea right here, ya limey scum! And yer stamp tax! Tell King George to chew on that for a while!

(or something ...)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Sev

Post by Sev »

We've got a Union Flag amongst the smiles here, but no Cross of St. George, oh well. This was the headline in one of our national papers:

England
Algeria
Slovenia
Yanks
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Sev

Post by Sev »

Yep, we can always rely on 'The Sun' for bloody stupid headlines.

1-1 at half time. A dream start for England, 1-up after 4 minutes - but the U.S. have surprised me, they've been the better side so far, bossing the midfield - and then our goalkeeper fucks up and it's suddenly level :doh:

I still think the U.S are weak defensively, and that we'll win because of that, but we've been strangely poor so far...
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

So... will Ro Green be crucified? :lol:

~Pink Snowman
Sev

Post by Sev »

We're burning his bloody effigy in the streets already...what a wanker.

It's Rob Green by the way - just to be annoyingly pedantic.