United States
12%
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

cmsahe

Re: [Totally OT] World Cup prediction thread

Post by cmsahe »

Delete Spain & France and begin to consider Mexico.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

SadisticCynic wrote:In football, I have a strong feeling that idea would be misused in order to waste time.
agreed - sometimes the calls goes your way sometimes they don't, that's the way of football.

terrible game by denmark yesterday - only positive thing was the fact that Cameroun was worse.

and cmsahe...Spain lost ONE match and you wright them off allready? I wouldn't be so quick, what made the differrence in the swiss game was Otmar Hitzfeld and the fact that del Bosque is a galactico moron. why the hell the fuck head didn't play two strikers from start beats the hell out of me.

What annoys me most is the fact that defencive and tactical football is the new black! I still hope Spain will go all the way - I hope Mexico will go far as well, though - I like their game, don't get me wrong.

I'm looking forward to Spain vs. Honduras tonight.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It's infectious:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,249912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Aquila ka-Hecate

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

Freakzilla wrote:It's infectious:
So's Ebola.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Aquila ka-Hecate wrote:
So's Ebola.
I don't get it. :?
~Pink Snowman
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

Freakzilla wrote:
Aquila ka-Hecate wrote:
So's Ebola.
Think Twelve Monkeys.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

btw french peaple! what the hell is going on with your national team?

bunch of spoiled brats is what they are.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

fuck the dumb shit .... En-Cee-Two-Ay College World Series is on ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The Atlanta Braves are up by 2.5 games and on a 5 game winning streak. :dance:

Fuck soccer.

~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

fuck Major League Baseball - fucking juiced-up, bat-corking gambling addicts ....
cheaters, the lot of them ....

but, yeah, fuck soccer ... good game for the kids, no expensive equipment to buy,
and the girls can play on a equal level with the boys ... that's true at the World Level, too ....
I think the American Women's team would kick three-quarters of the world's National teams' assess ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

SandRider wrote:fuck the dumb shit .... En-Cee-Two-Ay College World Series is on ...
Which country's favourite for that? :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

dune stroller wrote:
SandRider wrote:fuck the dumb shit .... En-Cee-Two-Ay College World Series is on ...
Which country's favourite for that? :)
I think the US usually wins that one. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

N. Korea got beat by Portugal like a red headed stepchild, 0-7.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/soc_wcup_dej ... th_koreans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

praise Allah !

so, I'm like, outta this pool now, right ?
ImageImage

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Yes, you're toast. The godless Commies have managed to mathematically eliminate themselves after only two games.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Did they bawl again? :)

"PLAY! ... BAWL!" :lol:

Oh, wait, that's baseball, right? :shifty:
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

SandRider wrote:
but, yeah, fuck soccer ... good game for the kids, no expensive equipment to buy,
and the girls can play on a equal level with the boys ...

You just nailed the reasons it's the most popular sport in the world. All you need is a ball, anyone can play,
you don't need to be built like a brick shithouse or 7 feet tall, just ability. It's initially about participation
and kids all over the world grow up playing and then turn into fans. It's hard to get the attraction unless you
played as a kid and eventually it'll end up being most popular in the states too. :wink:
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

Freakzilla wrote:N. Korea got beat by Portugal like a red headed stepchild, 0-7.

Yeah, but nobodies gonna tell 'em.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:
Aquila ka-Hecate wrote:
So's Ebola.

That's the idea ;)

And I for one am glad the French team got a whipping, maybe it will open up people's eyes on the farce that is big sport business and how it is just about fucking sponsors...

Plus traditionally it is used as a smokescreen to pass unpopular laws and all the politics pretend they like it when they only do because they think that's gonna make them popular.

So fuck you mr midget sarkozy, you're in the frontline now!

Sorry for the hijack but I don't know much about teams and their value and shit, so I just went for a rant!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

dune stroller wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:N. Korea got beat by Portugal like a red headed stepchild, 0-7.

Yeah, but nobodies gonna tell 'em.
It was broadcast live on TV to them. :lol:
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

dune stroller wrote:... eventually it'll end up being most popular in the states too.
Not a chance in hell.

People have been saying that since at least 1974, when the old NASL tried to go big-time. And, of course, the 1994 World Cup was supposed to "change everything" and establish soccer as a big-time sport here. That hasn't quite happened.

We're just not wired for it here. It's not even the low scoring that's the problem for most people (I've enjoyed plenty of 1-0 baseball games or 2-1 hockey games), although the lack of good scoring chances in any given game is an issue, I think. That 2-1 hockey game I mentioned might feature 30 shots on goal by each team; a 2-1 soccer game might have a combined total of eight or nine scoring chances.

There's other factors, too. Americans will never, ever stop laughing at all of the ridiculous diving and theatrics, so the sport has a huge perception problem here. The offsides rule is also an issue. Also, our four major team sports are very firmly entrenched; there just might not be room for a fifth.

Sorry, but it's just not going to happen here. Not that that makes it a bad sport, of course ... it's just "22 foreigners in shorts" to the vast majority of Americans.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

TheDukester wrote:
dune stroller wrote:... eventually it'll end up being most popular in the states too.
Not a chance in hell.

People have been saying that since at least 1974, when the old NASL tried to go big-time. And, of course, the 1994 World Cup was supposed to "change everything" and establish soccer as a big-time sport here. That hasn't quite happened.

We're just not wired for it here. It's not even the low scoring that's the problem for most people (I've enjoyed plenty of 1-0 baseball games or 2-1 hockey games), although the lack of good scoring chances in any given game is an issue, I think. That 2-1 hockey game I mentioned might feature 30 shots on goal by each team; a 2-1 soccer game might have a combined total of eight or nine scoring chances.

There's other factors, too. Americans will never, ever stop laughing at all of the ridiculous diving and theatrics, so the sport has a huge perception problem here. The offsides rule is also an issue. Also, our four major team sports are very firmly entrenched; there just might not be room for a fifth.

Sorry, but it's just not going to happen here. Not that that makes it a bad sport, of course ... it's just "22 foreigners in shorts" to the vast majority of Americans.
I know, I was being tongue in cheek, although it would be interesting to check up in about 100 years. I do think participation-wise it'll end up bigger though, not through
any daft leagues but just down to the kids who play. :wink: :wink:
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

TheDukester wrote:
There's other factors, too. Americans will never, ever stop laughing at all of the ridiculous diving and theatrics
PS This is a major piss-off for us too and won't stop until retrospective punishments are applied. Sooner the better.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Wow, Group A is the first to finish, and both France and South Africa have managed to eliminate themselves. :shock:

The 1998 champions and the host nation, already gone. This tournament just got a whole lot more interesting, methinks ...