Man Eaten By Dragon! (Ronnie James Dio Passes At Age 67)

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Eru

Man Eaten By Dragon! (Ronnie James Dio Passes At Age 67)

Post by Eru »

On May 16th, Heavy Metal Icon/Dragon Slayer Ronnie James Dio passed away at age 67. Although official sources report the cause to be stomach cancer, of which he was diagnosed around November of last year, I prefer a different scenario:
Dio Died Battling A Dragon!
For those of you without FB, here's the description from the page:
As everyone knows, Dio has died of stomach cancer... Or at least that's what the media says! The truth is, Dio died while battling a dragon! He was trying his hardest to save the human race from this monstrous beast dragon that was trying to attack us! Now, with Dio, our fallen hero being destroyed by this diabolical dragon, we the people of Earth are completely screwed.

THIS GROUP IS TO COMMEMORATE OUR HERO DIO FOR HOW HE REALLY DIED -- SAVING US FROM THIS DRAGON OF COMPLETE EVIL AND BEING A HERO FOR US ALL. And also, stomach cancer is SO not a metal way to die. You know for Dio to finally die at the age of 67, it had to be something EPIC.

R.I.P. Dio, we love you.
Other explanations:
stomach dragons are a leading cause of Heavy Metal icons. If only he had been diagnosed sooner a quest could have been mounted for the rare ingredients that could have been brewed into the potion tat would have saved him. Alas, now he's stuck with a cushy job in one of the outer circles of hell. Anybody know Improved Reincarnation?
I've also heard that his physical body could no longer handle the shear amount of metal. Two devil horned hands were simply not enough...
I refuse to believe a dragon could be capable of destroying Dio; I believe he accidentally turned the horns upon himself in a moment of existential carelessness, or perhaps flashed the horns into a mirror.
\m/ >.< \m/
Last edited by Eru on 19 May 2010 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
If there's anything I've learned from working with monkeys, it's that there is no problem which cannot be solved by flinging poo at it.
inhuien

Re: Man Eaten By Dragon!

Post by inhuien »

Rest In Peace Ronnie, Rest In Peace. :(
Eru

Post by Eru »

When I found out I was tempted to go out and get drunk, but that's not really how you celebrate the life and honor the death of someone like Dio. Randy Rhodes, perhaps. Dimebag Darrel, sure. Keith Moon? Hell, if I'd been alive when he died, I'd have drank an entire bottle of whiskey and set a hotel on fire. But Dio...I'm thinking a massive AD&D campaign. Or giant Magic: the Gathering tourney!
If there's anything I've learned from working with monkeys, it's that there is no problem which cannot be solved by flinging poo at it.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I didn't know about it till I read your post. I happen to be going on a week long medieval enactment summer camp early June so I'll take the 1st two and best Dio albums with me.

Eru

Post by Eru »

Have you heard the stuff he did with Richie Blackmore's Rainbow? It's excellent, you can really hear the direction Dio is going in, even before Sabbath.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

A sad day for metal. :cry:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Dio was fairly well-read, from what I can gather. Here's a tribute at The Cimmerian, a site devoted mostly to Robert E. Howard (it was written when Dio was sick but still alive):

http://goo.gl/iT6H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

inhuien wrote:I didn't know about it till I read your post. I happen to be going on a week long medieval enactment summer camp early June so I'll take the 1st two and best Dio albums with me.

hey, do thread about that afterwards (relevant to my interests, &etc)

(the medieval re-enactment, not the balding poision-dwarf)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Eru wrote:Have you heard the stuff he did with Richie Blackmore's Rainbow? It's excellent, you can really hear the direction Dio is going in, even before Sabbath.
God that takes me back, Rainbow, I've not thought of them since I was but a kid. Ya, I used to listen to them a lot. :) Cheers for the memory bomb.
SandRider wrote:hey, do thread about that afterwards (relevant to my interests, &etc)
No problem, it's not a big thing really, there should be around 20 attending. The idea behind it is to allow for a period of intensive training in melee and bow weapons and the likes of myself with unarmed experience will be instructing the the others in throws, holds, bars and beer drinking. :D