The KJA Scary Mad Wishes Support Group

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Onasander

The KJA Scary Mad Wishes Support Group

Post by Onasander »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe7Qiohz ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a thread dedicated to a civilized discussion of the prequels and the sequels. It's design is similar to a AA group discussions- we will each take a turn, and say how the 'new authors' have changed us, and will vocalize how we feel about it. We will each take a turn, saying how we feel about it, and what we fantasize doing- not what we will actually do- just what we imagine doing if w could. I think it's a important part of the healing process to vocalize and discuss, in a orderly and controlled manner, our internal feeling. I've seen randomly posted around the site some people's comments- their scary mad wishes- of the new books..... and I think having a official mutual support thread where everyone can talk about their feelings openly without risk of shame or embarrassment would be a great chance for all of us to offload out burden, perhaps in the future of this discussion to even move on and grow.

The first round of Questioning:
1) How do you feel about Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson? How has their works impacted their life, and how often a day do you think about them?

2) What is your feelings regarding the word 'Talifan', and do you feel you are one? Do you feel you're unjustly labeled as one? What qualifies one as a Talifan, and how do you differ?

3) What is your motivations for posting everyday? Is it a sense of community, and if community, what is the common esprite that binds your group together? What is your group like on a bad day, and on a good day? What experiences have remained with your as positive, and negative?

4) How often do you read the new author's Twitter, Mypage, Facebook, Google, Forum, or random posted news about them on the internet? Once a year, monthly, weekly, daily, on the hour, every hour? Do you build conspiracy theories showing how pathetic they are whenever they happen to make a comment on their accounts that somewhat resembles something people have posted here on this site recently? Does it make you feel strong and empowered to accuse them of reading what you say- or accuse them of paying occasional attention when you stalk them, creating a elaborate, deeply pathetic fantasy world that they indeed are the real stalkers?

5) When is the last time you've read Dune? Do you read and write about the new books made by the new authors more than Frank's books? If so, why do you claim to be a Dune fan, when your clearly much more of a fan of these later authors, and not as much a fan of Frank Herbert? How does it make you feel at night, when you go to bed, or wake up in the morning, looking to the day ahead, knowing it will be filled with images of KJA and BH dancing around in your head? Do you ever wish it could be otherwise?

6) When you hear of people on the street disparage Tom Cruise and the Scientology in the same manner people mock you and your fellow cultist here on this site, does it make you feel bad, does it give you a tingling of sympathy via shared recognition with Tom, or does it make you feel angry that people who don't obviously understand a god damn fucking thing are confusing you with that talented assclown who's only famous for dancing in his underwear decades ago while wearing sunglasses and holding his sodomy broom in his hand?

Let the healing being- who's going first?
TheDukester

Re: The KJA Scary Mad Wishes Support Group

Post by TheDukester »

Onasander wrote:This is a thread dedicated to a civilized discussion of the prequels and the sequels.
No, this is a thread for ignoring and mocking you. Christsakes, you don't get to quiz us, asshole. You don't have one one-thousandth of the respect that that would take.

And how can you seriously speak of obsession without putting yourself at the top of the discussion? You are completely over-the-top obsessed with this site, how it is run, and the fact that we post about Anderhack and Bobo Herbert. And it's gotten very old, very quickly. You've made your point ... about 10,000 fucking times now. GET OVER IT.

It's a big internet — I'm sure there's room for you to create a Dune site that's just the way you want it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

you and that mouse in your pocket ....

I'm glad you're still wound up enough about my opinions and what I think and what I post on the internet
to sit down and write all that silly shit up there ... you should be twit-buddies with James Charwood,
Science BlogFiction Writer, and twit each other about how obsessed I am with TheKJA twenty or
thirty times a day and what a hate-filled troll I am ... you can guest-author on his blagh about how
the OH have no lives and spend their time screaming into the web ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Is that a mouse in his pocket or is he just REALLY happy to see us? :P )

Yawn. (Did you actually read any of that, Dukester? SandRider? I don't even bother anymore unless I get bored and decide to dissect the stupid.)

Again, Anusunder (Which do you prefer, btw, Anusunder or ButtBelow?), you're not really one of us and your opinion is of no interest.

If you don't like the McDune discussion, post something about Dune that isn't utter raving nonsense and people will probably respond.

Or not.

Either way, stop boohooing like a poor little walad who's lost his favorite action figure. :roll:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:(Did you actually read any of that, Dukester?)
Very little.

I read about half of the first paragraph, then all of the first question. As it was clearly a numbered list of questions equally inane as the first one, I felt safe to skip the rest. 8)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I read every word wingnuts and whackjobs post - that's the good stuff for me ...

I start skipping lines and scrolling when you nerds start going on about light-speed,
and planetary axes and DNA, or anything about any other syfy crap I don't care about ...
Last edited by SandRider on 16 May 2010 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Onasander wrote: Let the healing being- who's going first?
OHHHH-kay. You're so boring.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Onasander wrote:This is a thread dedicated to a civilized discussion of the prequels and the sequels. It's design is similar to a AA group discussions- we will each take a turn, and say how the 'new authors' have changed us, and will vocalize how we feel about it.
Nice! I liked the first paragraph, but you keep hammering the point home far beyond the point where it stopped being funny...

Again, you have a great idea for 'constructive trolling', but it sort of fizzles and becomes merely insulting.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You keep encouraging him, strangely enough...

There's nothing stopping you from starting more, more interesting Dune threads, either. ;)
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

SandChigger wrote:You keep encouraging him, strangely enough...

There's nothing stopping you from starting more, more interesting Dune threads, either. ;)
Hehe - true. I want to encourage the critique of 'non-posts' by doing 'non-posts'...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Eeeeeeeeew! My head hurts! :lol:
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Ceci n'est pas un poste.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
lotek

Post by lotek »

Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

The Rules

5. English only. Non-English posts will be deleted. (Exceptions: Galach, Chakobsa, and Fremen)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

lotek wrote:Image
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

:D
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Freakzilla wrote:The Rules

5. English only. Non-English posts will be deleted. (Exceptions: Galach, Chakobsa, and Fremen)
Not even for comic effect? Harsh. :)

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Hunchback Jack wrote:

HBJ
I haven't deleted it so you're getting off light. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Freakzilla wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:

HBJ
I haven't deleted it so you're getting off light. :wink:

Merci Papa (just kidding)
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Onasander wrote: Let the healing being- who's going first?

Who the fuck needs healing? Sure ain't us! We ain't the ones fucking with a legacy!

Rob
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Eyes High wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I haven't deleted it so you're getting off light. :wink:

Merci Papa (just kidding)
:lol: Beautiful.

HBJ
- Carl Sagan

- Iain Banks
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Onasander wrote:
Tom Cruise...sodomy broom
I'm bidding for one of those on ebay at the moment.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.