Torchedwood: The Series

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

TheDukester

Re: Torchedwood: The Series

Post by TheDukester »

Jim —

These are my final thoughts on the matter, as we're beginning to repeat ourselves. I wouldn't bother at all, but you keep mentioning me by name, so I figure my thoughts might mean something to you. Perhaps not. Whatever.

1. Post or don't post; that is entirely up to you. You'll find there's not a lot of games at Jacurutu. No one is going to "vote" on other members; that's just silly.

2. No one at this site sent you any malicious computer code. Ever. Not once. This simply did not happen. We don't need your wall-of-text history of your computer usage, simply because we had nothing to do with your (alleged) computer woes. Get over it.

3. You'll never meet a bigger coward than Brian Conway.

4. TheKJA has never had a verified Twitter account. I've been dogging him on Twitter since the day he signed up (literally), and I've never seen such a thing.

5. This isn't a "war" or a "conflict" or anything nearly that dramatic. That's weak-ass preek-talk. It's not us who thinks it's a great idea to use a military terms such as "Special Forces" for a website ... it's not us who calls others "Talifans" ... it's not us who hides from the "enemy" behind layers of passwords and comment filters.

+++++

Most of us here want two things: 1. To learn about Frank Herbert's Dune series, to discuss it, and to perhaps gain some new insights every so often, and 2. To have competent writers extend the Dune series (which doesn't need extending in the first place, but I'll let that go for now).

Kevin J. Anderson is the most notorious Rent-A-Hack™ working in fiction today; Brian Herbert is quite possibly the worst writer on the planet. We do not want these idiots putting their names on "Dune" books. If the HLP insists on extending the series, then they should also insist on hiring writers with actual talent.

Or I'll put it this way: you think we're "at war" with TheKJA, but that's simply not true. If we were to see a press release today that was entitled "Kevin J. Anderson fired as Dune author," then TheKJA would be virtually forgotten here within a week. He could go back to his X-Files novelizations; no one here would give a shit. He'd be nothing more than a source of "remember when?" jokes.

We want him far, far away from Dune; that's the beginning and end of it.
Last edited by TheDukester on 20 May 2010 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

James, I think you should stay here and post as long as you like. Jacurutu doesn't vote on who is allowed to post and who isn't. If you like it here, stay, if you don't, leave. That is how it works, unless you cause problems and get yourself banned. Some people will "flame" you, and some won't bother. We're individuals who've come together out of mutual love and respect for Frank Herbert and Dune. We're not an organized army fighting against KJA. The Tidwell doesn't control (or give a shit about) what any of the members do outside of this website. We're allowed to express our opinions here without fear of the banhammer. We're also allowed to call bullshit on each other if we don't agree. Sometimes we get into arguments with each other, but it's all good. If you can't defend your position you should prepare to have your ass handed to you. Having a thick skin helps, if you're easily offended this probably isn't the place for you.

Also, PLEASE.. it doesn't take some kind of master hacker to spoof a url referral. There are tons of articles on the internet about how to do that. Google "referrer spoofing". There are no leet haxors on Jacurutu. No one here would bother hacking into and destroying your computer. You picked up a virus somewhere. By your own admission you didn't even have anti-virus software running on your old computer. Accusing Tidwell of hacking your computer just makes you look like a loon.

The Honey Trap.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

TheDukester wrote:
5. This isn't a "war" or a "conflict" or anything nearly that dramatic. That's weak-ass preek-talk. It's not us who thinks it's a great idea to use a military terms such as "Special Forces" for a website ... it's not us who calls others "Talifans" ... it's not us who hides from the "enemy" behind layers of passwords and comment filters.

+++++

Most of us here want two things: 1. To learn about Frank Herbert's Dune series, to discuss it, and to perhaps gain some new insights every so often, and 2. To have competent writers extend the Dune series (which doesn't need extending in the first place, but I'll let that go for now).
Word up.

I almost think this should be referenced in "Who We Are And What We Stand For."
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

You can count this as a vote if you want to, but as my fellow Jacurutuns have already said you are free to post on here. Freak and Omph decides on banishment and I've only seen that happen once or twice and it was NOT due to the individual's opinion on KJA.

Give your opinions on Dune and drop all this junk about a so-called war between members here and fans of KJA.

As Mandy said, we are individuals here and as individuals we each have our own opinions on matters and express them in different ways. The rules are few here and it might seem like a close-nit community but its members welcomed me without any trouble and I honestly believe they would do the same to anyone who joined to discuss the Dune Universe.

We are not sock puppets, we are not a cult, and we are not mindless followers of anything or anyone. I consider most of the members here my friends and yes I can be protective of my friends, even those I've never met, but we all are adults and are capable of speaking for ourselves.

Just as in real life not everyone will like you or welcome you with open arms but if you post with some sense then the posts will be taken more seriously.

Now with all that rambleling done...I still don't believe it's hardwood. :P
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh for crying out loud.

OK, check your StatCounter log. You should see an access on your blog from my home IP address (I'm sure you remember it), sometime after 1:00 PM Thursday, May 21. Now click this link:

http://noveltraveler.blogspot.com/you_a ... y_now.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm going to click it myself after I post this, and you will see it recorded by StatCounter EXACTLY like the link you mention above. THAT is all there was to the link on T(A)U. I should know because I'M THE ONE WHO POSTED IT. It wasn't The Tidwell or anyone else. And there is obviously no virus or hacking involved. IT'S JUST A FUCKING URL LINK, requires no technical expertise whatsoever. :roll:

When exactly (month & year & date if you can recall) did you see a Verified Account icon on TheKJA's Twitter page? Again, and like Dukester, I have NEVER seen any indication that KJA has even bothered trying to get that status for that account.

Let's see, what else...

Oh yeah, Vince on Facebook. He's just a crazy kid I befriended after he made some anti-KJA/McDune comments in various groups over there. The only reason he even knows you exist is I posted some links on my Wall about your House Harwood page there.

(And about that post I made in one of the discussion threads there on House Harwood: I'm glad you recognize it was your mistake in setting the posting permissions there and not any hacking by me, etc. I was actually quite surprised when I saw the "post a reply" box at the end of the thread and really didn't even expect it to work and put the comment through.)

I guess that's all for now. Getting ready to clicky-clicky, so check your logs!
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

SandGhostHEREafter wrote:
On this matter of me being someone who posts at Jacurutu, and whether I'm welcome to do so here or not, it is clear you people are divided and don't have your act together. So I suggest you do a poll and put it to a vote. Either you want me here, or you don't. If you don't, then I'll respect that and not come back, and never bother any of you again.
Fucking hell! I don't care whether you are here or not. If you like to suck The Hack's dick ... just do so ... I don't give a damn. I do think however that you're a complete and utter raving deranged lunatic, but hey ... at least your make me laugh out loud at times with your boundless paranoia. Stay if you want, leave if you want ... It won't change a thing.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandGhostHEREafter wrote:I want to see the DUNE universe turned into a TV series, and I expect you to continue to flame me for that too.
Don't pretend that's a reason you're catching so much shit. It's the :liar: .
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Anyone else starting to miss the butt bellows (He's an asshat, hear him roar!) of Anusunder? :lol: )

And to think, all of this started just because I chose to Twit back at a post I saw that mentioned two things I really hate: the shit McDune novels and asswipe Siffy TV channel! :laughing:
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Wow, a lot has happened since I last checked here :D So for now, I'll just say hello to SandGhostHEREafter (no self-introduction post yet?) :)
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
lotek

Post by lotek »

MrFlibble wrote:Wow, a lot has happened since I last checked here :D So for now, I'll just say hello to SandGhostHEREafter (no self-introduction post yet?) :)
don't get me started :lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:And to think, all of this started just because I chose to Twit back at a post I saw that mentioned two things I really hate: the shit McDune novels and asswipe Siffy TV channel!
I remember that!

Which, of course, is the part of the story that's being left out by our new friend. He escalated things by getting all defensive and combative when we semi-mocked him for his idea. He did that ... not us.

Or, in plainer English: our new friend can't take a joke.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Aw, come on, shouldn't great allowance be made for differences of custom when strangers meet?
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote:(Anyone else starting to miss the butt bellows (He's an asshat, hear him roar!) of Anusunder? :lol: )
Yeah, bring Anus back, I'm sick of these lunatic conspiracy theories. I want to hear a blowhard lecture about fragrant violations of copyright law.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:(Anyone else starting to miss the butt bellows (He's an asshat, hear him roar!) of Anusunder? :lol: )

And to think, all of this started just because I chose to Twit back at a post I saw that mentioned two things I really hate: the shit McDune novels and asswipe Siffy TV channel! :laughing:
Every problem we have is your fault. We only let you hang around here because of the puns. :twisted:

And now you ruined Conway's PM plan to set up a hundred URL's to refer from his blog by explaining how it works. Bug FAIL. :naughty:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I just realized ... Norman Oklahoma ... is kinda similar to ... Duncan Idaho ... weirdness.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Serkanner wrote:I just realized ... Norman Oklahoma ... is kinda similar to ... Duncan Idaho ... weirdness.
:lol:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Serkanner wrote:I just realized ... Norman Oklahoma ... is kinda similar to ... Duncan Idaho ... weirdness.
Yeah, it's Duncan's slower half-brother.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Nekhrun wrote:
So slow that not even the Harkonnens took pleasure in gunning him down.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

MrFlibble wrote:Aw, come on, shouldn't great allowance be made for differences of custom when strangers meet?
Peacemaker. :roll:

STONE HIM!!! :angry-screaming:

ANUS! ANUS! WE WANT ANUS! MORE FRAGRANT VIOLATIONS OF ANUS!!!

:shock:

:shifty:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Meant to comment on this earlier:
TheDukester wrote:3. You'll never meet a bigger coward than Brian Conway.
And he means "bigger" in at least two senses, as you probably know if you've seen Pestie's profile pic on Facebook! :P Man has NO NECK!

Dayum ... what is it about KJA and these bull porkers? Is it the sheer gravitational attraction from his own fat ass? I gotta tell ya ... Pestie, David James, that RozanaDanaRozanksy Twit, put 'em all together and you got a whole hunka hunka burnin' love, all a' jigglin' away for KJA! :shock:

So you see, SandGhostHEREafter, judging from the pix you've posted of yourself, you just don't fit the KJA fan mold. It'd probably take two or three of you! :laughing:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandGhostHEREafter wrote: I asked KJA about it in an email, and he would not answer that question. I remarked about it to David James in an email and asked him if he knew anything about it. His reply indicated to me that he knows about it, knows why, refused to tell me why, and stated it is not his place but Kevin's to address that matter, and so he referred me back to KJA. He ignored me the second time I asked about it. Apparently he no longer met the Twitter requirements for having a Verified Account, and so they took the verification away from him, unless he was the one who requested it be removed for whatever reason.
kja does have ties to Scientology, so it's possible they found out about his connection to you he was given orders to back away considering the multiple fronts at which they seem to be assailing you.

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hey Harwood! My last name is Tidwell! So where's that lawsuit or criminal probe or whatever you keep threatening me and mine with? Here's a good idea: Take the papers, frappe'em up in a blender and gargle with them. Maybe your imaginary legal process will cure your imaginary throat malady.

Cheap liar.
douchebag wrote:although most of you have won me over for the most part [a few are slow to catch on to the fact that I'm not fighting Jacurutu members anymore].
he he. This kind of irrelevant stuff makes me giggle. Please keep it up.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Omphalos wrote:Hey Harwood! My last name is Tidwell! So where's that lawsuit or criminal probe or whatever you keep threatening me and mine with? Here's a good idea: Take the papers, frappe'em up in a blender and gargle with them. Maybe your imaginary legal process will cure your imaginary throat malady.

Cheap liar.
:character-beavisbutthead:

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:and Freak and Big-O -
this is kinda against the unwritten rules around here, but this is a special case -
is there someway to lock Jimmy "delete post" box ?
it's just a matter of time before he comes back around, deletes his account
and tries to erase all the posts ....
exactly what I thought the moment I noticed he was here, just a few minutes ago. Unfortunately there is no way to do that. Well, probably not: Ill look into it. But if I notice him doing it Ill just delete his ass. And if he thinks hes going to delete anything on his way out, well, I back this place up nightly. Ill just reactivate it the board from the day before, and give him his own post so that we can "honor his presence," as it were.
bitch wrote:IF I'm wrong about Tidwell being the person who hacked into my old computer and destroyed Windows with a virus, then I sincerely apologize.
Way too late. Should have figured that they'd despise you as much as we do. Your bed is made, Troll. Now lie in it stop your whining.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Nekhrun wrote:
I thought Duncan Idaho's brother (cousin?)'s name was Connor Iowa? :D