Torchedwood: The Series

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandGhostHEREafter

Re: Torchedwood: The Series

Post by SandGhostHEREafter »

The Dukster:

Thanks. I will join the Reading Groups as soon as I have time when I get back in June. Meantime, hopefully I can get back out on the road this morning and get on with the vacation trip - trips - visiting various places with an old friend - using Norman Oklahoma [where OU is located] as a hub. A few days out each trip. Looking forward to Memorial Day Holiday Weekend.

And, meantime, I do want to raise a question. Not sure this is the right string for it. And anyone may answer including The Dukster. Anyway...

One thing hasn't changed, although most of you have won me over for the most part [a few are slow to catch on to the fact that I'm not fighting Jacurutu members anymore]. I still favor an open-ended TV series based on DUNE. My conflict with The Dukster and SandChigger began when I posted at Twitter that I'd like to see a DUNE TV series on Syfy and have it begin with the history presented in The Butlerian Jihad by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. I've reconsidered. What I'd really like to see is a TV series based on the DUNE universe created by Frank Herbert. It does not have to include all of our favorite characters from his DUNE novels, but I expect they would be mentioned in some episodes. Out of all of the DUNE universe history and inhabited worlds, there must be thousands of stories possible involving hundreds of characters never before named. Who to do it? Frank isn't here anymore. If he were still here, and were not to do it himself, then who might he have selected? Most of you don't like Brian Herbert. All of you don't like Kevin J. Anderson. So is there a qualified author out there who you do like who could write the stories for a TV series based on the DUNE universe? Would you like for such a TV series to be created? If so, what channel should it be on if not Syfy? By the way, I'd like to see the same done with STAR WARS, being a TV series based on that universe, all its worlds, history, many possible characters and stories. Likewise, a new STAR TREK TV series that is not about the Star Ship Enterprise and usual characters. Of the proposed DUNE, STAR WARS, and STAR TREK universes for TV, I would for the most part want stand-alone stories each week, like what has been done on THE OUTER LIMITS and THE TWILIGHT ZONE. Could have some stories spread out into three or four parts. Stand-alone stories would present different characters and locations in every episode every week, and so would bring in different actors every week - might be able to get some known big names for one-time guest appearances, as well as introducing new actors. It might even involve more than one guest writer and guest director for different kinds of science fiction stories - different sub-genres. Also, just wondering, what would be the best night for the TV series to be on every week? If you had the TV Rights, how would you handle it?

I'll check back here soon after June 1 or when possible in the meantime.
Last edited by SandGhostHEREafter on 19 May 2010 08:54, edited 2 times in total.
SandGhostHEREafter

SandChigger:

Thanks for the welcome!
lotek

Post by lotek »

like I said, boring...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandGhostHEREafter

The Dukster:

And, about the # problem...

As you know, I had no problem posting at #Dune and #McDune in the past. I forget now exactly what date the problem began - sometime in April 2010. And it wasn't just those, but also like #sciencefiction. The problem began almost immediately after the series of postings at KJA Special Forces about the "10,000 Tweets" plan. That was just before I realized how few members there really are at KJA Special Forces. The plan was to get 100 members to each post 100 tweets in one day, even within the same hour if possible, to try to influence Trending Topics at Twitter. If it were to get listed in trending Topics, then it could take on a life of its own. The postings were to include #Dune and #McDune as well as others. Then, suddenly, I could not get the # to work anymore for any subject. It worked one day, then didn't the next day. I tried it at the Norman Public Library at a computer terminal there, and it worked perfectly. I had to conclude that Twitter was blocking me via my IP address, not just Twitter ID, to prevent me from using the # on any subject. Worked fine at the library, but not at the computer at home - and not because it is the new computer. Same time that happened, I also noticed Twitter removed the "Verified Account" status of "TheKJA" - for whatever reason KJA himself [or his front guy] didn't want to comment on. I had to conclude someone snitched to Twitter about the plan, and so I was being punished for that, and maybe KJA was being punished for that too. I inquired about that at Twitter. "Captain" replied that they don't have the ability to block anyone from using the #, so it must have been a glitch. But, magically, the problem ended upon his reply. Suddenly I could use the # again via my computer at home. In answer to my question as to why Twitter removed "Verified Account" from "The KJA" the "Captain" referred me to the posted rules that can deny someone from being verified in the first place, but otherwise would not say why.
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandGhostHEREafter wrote:I'll check back here soon after June 1 or when possible in the meantime.

that was quick, anything we might want to know to explain such a rapid return?
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandGhostHEREafter wrote:The Dukster:

And, about the # problem...

As you know, I had no problem posting at #Dune and #McDune in the past. I forget now exactly what date the problem began - sometime in April 2010. And it wasn't just those, but also like #sciencefiction. The problem began almost immediately after the series of postings at KJA Special Forces about the "10,000 Tweets" plan. That was just before I realized how few members there really are at KJA Special Forces. The plan was to get 100 members to each post 100 tweets in one day, even within the same hour if possible, to try to influence Trending Topics at Twitter. If it were to get listed in trending Topics, then it could take on a life of its own. The postings were to include #Dune and #McDune as well as others. Then, suddenly, I could not get the # to work anymore for any subject. It worked one day, then didn't the next day. I tried it at the Norman Public Library at a computer terminal there, and it worked perfectly. I had to conclude that Twitter was blocking me via my IP address, not just Twitter ID, to prevent me from using the # on any subject. Worked fine at the library, but not at the computer at home - and not because it is the new computer. Same time that happened, I also noticed Twitter removed the "Verified Account" status of "TheKJA" - for whatever reason KJA himself [or his front guy] didn't want to comment on. I had to conclude someone snitched to Twitter about the plan, and so I was being punished for that, and maybe KJA was being punished for that too. I inquired about that at Twitter. "Captain" replied that they don't have the ability to block anyone from using the #, so it must have been a glitch. But, magically, the problem ended upon his reply. Suddenly I could use the # again via my computer at home. In answer to my question as to why Twitter removed "Verified Account" from "The KJA" the "Captain" referred me to the posted rules that can deny someone from being verified in the first place, but otherwise would not say why.

I won't even try to read that...
anyone who needs to belabor like this on such a straightforward matter has to talk shite... sorry #shite

edit
what's the weather like in Norman Oaklahoma? Did you know we have a friend there?
(bah only kidding of course you know)
SandGhostHEREafter

I didn't believe I did any emotional or mental damage to anyone at Jacurutu, but for "lotek" to react as it is doing, I must have really got to that one. I have just what you need to make you feel better...

Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether
Alan Parsons Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNxBheFAt4

For those of you like "lotek" who are slow to catch on to my Holy Conversion, I have a special treat for you...

"Now I know why you wanna hate me!"
Hate is all there is.
TAKE A LOOK AROUND
Limp BizKit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ZmCOrBtUQ
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Charwood wrote: I had to conclude someone snitched to Twitter about the plan, and so I was being punished for that,
see .... this is why you are a bad writer ... you didn't "conclude", you "assumed"...
they are two different words, representing two different ideas .... your malware infested,
outdated second hand Radio Shack computer bit the dust while you were being picked on
by internet meanies, you assumed you were the target of "virus" .... TheKJA managed to
get his dumbass attached to some already-established book titles with built-in fan bases,
managed to sell some books to those fans and retards, until the fans actually read the books,
then he was left with only the retards, and you assumed he was a big-time syfy-writer,
a celebrity I believe you called him, with a legion of loyal fans and huge staff - it's him,
Becky, and the fat wheel-chair bound typist, Sue ...

read your quote up there, Jimmy .... really ? someone (who ? of the 4 people in the TheKJASF,
who would care enough) "snitched to Twitter" and you and Keith were "punished" ... Jimmy,
why would the automated scripts that run Twitter give a fuck about you ? do you see
how crazy-stupid that sounds to normal people ? no, probably not, you're the guy who thinks
Jacurutu gave you AIDS ....

Jimmy, don't you think that if, IF, Twitter had some policy to "punish" their users for ... well,
whatever ... they would wait until such activity had occurred ? otherwise, I could sit
here all day messaging the Twitter-gods that Billy Joe and Jim Bob and Debra Sue were up to
no good and planning something mean and everybody would be blocked ....

that horseshit right there, Jimmy, that's called paranoia ...

I'd give you a "wiki-link" for paranoia, but I figger you know how to get to the wiki ...

SyFy's already done Dune, Jimmy, and put Messiah & Children into a mini-series, too ....
it's on DVD, you can find it for five bucks in one of those wire crates at Wal-mart ...

and BTW, FYIY, putting Frank's Dune in the same sentence with Star Trek & Star Wars
is at the same morality-level as child molesting to me .... more evidence you're just not
smart enough to understand Frank ...

and Freak and Big-O -
this is kinda against the unwritten rules around here, but this is a special case -
is there someway to lock Jimmy "delete post" box ?
it's just a matter of time before he comes back around, deletes his account
and tries to erase all the posts ....

or, and this would fit into the freedom-lovin' outlaw atmosphere of this sietch,
one of you cubicle monkeys use your corporation's time and resources to
copypasta all Jimmy's ramblings into a separate thread; let's not copy it here,
once-a-thread is enough for all that - or hell, right here, somebody quote
every post as he makes them - I gotta scroll wheel and massive threads
are the best ones, anyway ...

I gotta go see a man about some blackpowder & canister shot ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Hi James :)
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandRider wrote:
Charwood wrote: I had to conclude someone snitched to Twitter about the plan, and so I was being punished for that,
see .... this is why you are a bad writer ... you didn't "conclude", you "assumed"...do you see
how crazy-stupid that sounds to normal people ? no, probably not, you're the guy who thinks
Jacurutu gave you AIDS ....
that horseshit right there, Jimmy, that's called paranoia ...

Hello, James, this is your conscience speaking, and I'm here to tell you that if you take care of the :liar: , it will help you with the :crazy: .

Why does the phrase "pissing in the wind" come to mind?
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandGhostHEREafter wrote:I didn't believe I did any emotional or mental damage to anyone at Jacurutu, but for "lotek" to react as it is doing, I must have really got to that one. I have just what you need to make you feel better...
are you trying to be offensive or do are you still struggling with the differences between man and woman? Either way you still look silly...
Once again you give yourself a tad too much importance; give us a real efficient troll and you shall be forgotten as fast as the morning crap.
But hey, beggars can't be choosers.
Beggars for anyone who likes the hack and his gurbles to end up not being a paranoid wingnut, as I might add.

SandGhostHEREafter wrote: Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether
Alan Parsons Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNxBheFAt4

For those of you like "lotek" who are slow to catch on to my Holy Conversion, I have a special treat for you...

"Now I know why you wanna hate me!"
Hate is all there is.
TAKE A LOOK AROUND
Limp BizKit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ZmCOrBtUQ
From APP to LB? What an improbable association :lol:
And in a way you are right I would like to hate you for being an annoying troll on this board, but all you are is a candle in the winds of nudune(see you're not the only one that can come up with out of the blue references)

And no, hate is not all there is.
Read some Frank Herbert you'll see love is a much better motivation.

So what is your purpose in coming here?
If you really underwent a quasi religious epiphany after your encounter with the OHs, you need to perform an act... of faith (come on you can tell us this is not what you expected)
I propose you send an email explaining your Holy Conversion to the Jihad to the Hack/Keith(call him either)
(assuming you know how to send an email without getting your computer infected by viruses :lol: )
And of course we want proof :cylon101:

Now is your chance to really make a difference!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandGhostHEREafter wrote:What I'd really like to see is a TV series based on the DUNE universe created by Frank Herbert. It does not have to include all of our favorite characters from his DUNE novels, but I expect they would be mentioned in some episodes. Out of all of the DUNE universe history and inhabited worlds, there must be thousands of stories possible involving hundreds of characters never before named. Who to do it? Frank isn't here anymore. If he were still here, and were not to do it himself, then who might he have selected?
Well, as long as we accept that all of this is pure speculation while the HLP gambles all of its markers on the movie, I'd say I probably wouldn't be interested in anything less than HBO (or Showtime, in a pinch).

One thing that SciFi taught us is that Dune is better when allowed to breathe a little bit. The story cannot possibly be told, visually, in anything less than six hours. So I could get behind something like 10 or 12 episodes per season on HBO — something along the lines of Rome or Deadwood, in other words.

As far as writers go, there's lots of able TV writers already out there. I certainly would never watch anything that included credits for Anderhack or Bobo Herbert, so they are out. I wouldn't mind if people like Dan Simmons or John Scalzi wrote an episode here or there.

+++++
+++++

And with the friendly portion of my response out of the way, I have to add that I agree with SandRider and others here: you really do need to publicly acknowledge that the whole "you sent me a virus!" thing is complete and utter bullshit.

No one associated with this site did anything like that (frankly, I'm not sure anyone would know how). If your computer died, it died; it happens to all of us. Stop visiting sites that load malware would be my advice to you. Either way, I can't see too many people here wanting to interact with someone who spreads your kind of malicious slander around the internets.

It never happened, Jim. Get over it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Frank's 1985 Introduction (Eye) {http://tau.solahpmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=616&t=1226}
is what I always like to toss out when talking about filming Dune - or when folks start bad-mouthing
the 84Lynch .... I ain't all that crazy about it, either, as an adaption of Frank's book, but as a movie
standing alone it's okay - plus, Frank, being a reasonable human being, was satisfied enough with it -
as he also says, he was a writer, Lynch made films - two different art forms, and Frank was happy to
leave Lynch to his, and accept the outcome- same couldn't be said for mediawhore TheKJA, of course -
he'd think he could make any movie about anything and it'd be great - he'd be wrong, but then he thought
he could write "progrock", too, whatever the fuck that is .... BTW, seen the new pic on the blagh ?
"barefoot in the snow" ...

hey, see there, Onas ? I can talk Frank, cite source AND slam Keith, all at once - multitasking, bro-ha.

this topic (filming Dune) has been done slow over a tire-fire around here - the answer is that no major
hollywood studio is going to take the time to do it right, no television outfit is going to put up the money
for another mini-series, and certainly not for an extended series for a relatively small audience - they
are going to go for a quick, fast, hard-action, heavy CG/3D blockbuster, under 90 minutes, with lots of
merchandising tie-ins, toys, BurgerKing Cups, video games, Gummi Worms, &etc....

for Dune to be done the way everyone says they'd like to see it done, it'd have to be independantly
financed, filmed and released by a consortium of True Believers, and the Living Herbert Parasites will
never let that happen .... and even if they did, it'd be a financial disaster that would ruin lives and
careers ... even if it did end up being a "cult classic" and/or a work of art ...

also:
at the end of my last post, I was going to say
"hey, anybody seen Nipples ?" but forgot ...

I was going to get back to the topic of JIMMAY!! bashing,
there was something stupid in his OP I was going to address,
but I got sidetracked and forgot that, too ...

don't matter now, and I gotta go start loading up the trailer -
leaving before dawn in the morning ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

oh yeah ... this treasure thing ...
(see Amazon posts, where-ever they are ...)

so .... was the "treasure" and the "Big Secret" you found out and was gonna lay on us and
blow our minds like Monica Lewinsky your (incorrect) assumption that the TheKJA doesn't
do his own twittings ?

really ?

Delmar: Hey, is that Pete ?
Everett: What ?
Delmar: Hey, Pete ! Pete !
Pete: Do ... not ... seek ... the treasure ...
Delmar: We thought you was a toad.
Pete: What ?
Delmar: We thought ... you ....was a toad.
Pete: Do. Not. Seek. The treasure ....
ImageImage

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I'd actually like SandGhostHEREafter to describe (in detail) just why everyone he ever encounters online is out to get him. I don't care if you start with the Federal government, Yahoo!, your "publisher", other writers, kja's Special Buddies, Twitter, or us but please start somewhere. Just why in the hell do you think you're so damned important that all of these groups would find a way to sabotage you.

If it were me, I'd put my money on Scientologists infiltrating all of those groups and attacking you on a united front making it appear to be from various sources because of your novels "striking similarities" to your magnum opus. Those are secret teachings of the church that members have to work very hard and pay a lot of money to access and you're out there giving it away. That's a group off of which should not be pissed.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nekhrun wrote:I'd actually like SandGhostHEREafter to describe (in detail) just why everyone he ever encounters online is out to get him. I don't care if you start with the Federal government, Yahoo!, your "publisher", other writers, kja's Special Buddies, Twitter, or us but please start somewhere.

Yes. Say something concrete, unless you can't because you're a pathological liar. What I would like to know is, as a crazy person, do you understand that you're crazy? Are you on methamphetamine? Do you feel that you've "figured it out?" Jimmy, have you ever been in a Turkish prison? Have you ever looked up "Turkish prison" on a website? Have you ever collected cheesecake in a Turkish prison? Have you ever been in a Turkish prison, and came back with a virus?
(EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with that).
Last edited by merkin muffley on 20 May 2010 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:
Delmar: Hey, is that Pete ?
Everett: What ?
Delmar: Hey, Pete ! Pete !
Pete: Do ... not ... seek ... the treasure ...
Delmar: We thought you was a toad.
Pete: What ?
Delmar: We thought ... you ....was a toad.
Pete: Do. Not. Seek. The treasure ....
O Brother, Where Art Thou? That's a pretty great movie.

I think filming Dune is always going to be problematic; there's a lot of description and interior monologue to deal with. You'd have to either resort to voiceovers or change the dialogue to make things explicit. I actually think Lynch did a reasonable job, despite the random stuff he introduced (heart plugs, weirding modules and rain). I haven't seen the SyFy miniseries, though.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I just want to add here that at NO TIME since I've been following KJA on Twitter have I ever seen one of those Verified Account icons on his page.

Neither have I at any time doubted that it's really Kevin J. Anderson who is doing the posting to that account. The quality (or lack thereof) and tone of the posts is consistent with everything else he does online.

It's him, no doubts.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Plus, it would actually be more work for TheKJA to hand that sort of thing off ... and we all know that Keith is allergic to doing any actual work.

He wants to send some very specific messages with his Twattering: he's an "international best-selling" author ... he's "the world's biggest Dune fan" ... he's a very busy, very important, very dedicated writer of speculative fiction ... he "adventures hard, so you don't have to" ... and, of course, he's hiked Mount Everest five times. And three of those were without oxygen.

Far, far easier to just do that sort of thing yourself in little 140-character bursts rather than hand it off and then always have to be looking over that person's shoulder to make sure they're doing it just the way you want them to. Beyond all that: the arrogance, the petulance, the cheapness, the bitterness ... you just can't imitate those things.

It's Keith. There's absolutely zero doubt.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

TheDukester wrote:Beyond all that: the arrogance, the petulance, the cheapness, the bitterness ... you just can't imitate those things.

It's Keith. There's absolutely zero doubt.
:text-yeahthat:

Not to mention the smell of a deeply wounded ego. It's very distinctive.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I don't believe it.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandGhostHEREafter

I'm back in Oklahoma to check on damaged and do clean-up after last night's new wave of tornadoes. I have time to do a couple of postings here before I head back out.

I want to remind everyone here, especially those who do not know, that I am not an enemy who is invading your domain here. I was repeatedly INVITED to come here, join, and post, even when I was considered to be an enemy. The Dukster did most of the inviting. If I recall correctly, SandChigger also invited me to come to Jacurutu. I knew if I were to come here as an enemy that I'd be flamed to hell and beyond. I do not voluntarily take beatings from my enemies. Only a fool or masochist would do that. But now that I'm no longer on the KJA side, the flaming should not be as bad as it otherwise would be. I expect some flaming, because I've not come all the way over to your side and am trying to maintain a somewhat neutral position after balancing things out and trying to clear up some wrong conclusions.

I did not come here to flame anyone for any reason. But if I am flamed, then it is only natural for me to defend myself and likely that I will flame back the attackers.

On this matter of me being someone who posts at Jacurutu, and whether I'm welcome to do so here or not, it is clear you people are divided and don't have your act together. So I suggest you do a poll and put it to a vote. Either you want me here, or you don't. If you don't, then I'll respect that and not come back, and never bother any of you again.

I want to make it as clear as possible. On one hand, I'm no longer opposed to Jacurutu, but on the other hand I'm not a supporter of your quest against KJA and his books and that means I will not help you fight him. Even so, as new information came to light, I have come around to agreeing with you on your position against him and his pathetic followers. I liked the story in the Legends of Dune trilogy, and that will not change, and so I expect you to continue to flame me for that. I want to see the DUNE universe turned into a TV series, and I expect you to continue to flame me for that too. You don't like my own novel, can flame me to your heart's content, and doing so will not have any impact on me or the book so you are wasting your time. I'll never go back over to the other side, no matter how bad I'm treated by some Jacurutu members. Congratulations, you won that war, no contest. But do you want to continue to flame someone who just might eventually be converted all the way over to your side? The flaming will keep me in a neutral position. I will never go against any of you again, that I can promise, as I have learned my lesson very well, but if any of you continue to flame me for any reason than I will never support your quest.

However, just to clear a few items up as a sign of good faith.

I have removed all postings against Jacurutu at my blog because I am no longer against you, and that should count for something, but some people see it differently.

Prester Dilly is the KJA Special Forces member who posted there he has a plan against you, but refused to tell me about it, and only wanted to assure me that I'm not alone in my quest against Jacurutu. I thought maybe that meant he would hire a professional hacker to do to most of you what one of you did to me – if one of you did that, and could not reveal the plan because it could get him into trouble with law enforcement. I now believe he was blowing smoke, had no plan, has no plan, and is useless.

Brian Conway admitted to being a member of Jacurutu, and for the purpose of spying on you –his words, not mine. I did point out he does not need to be a member in order to read what is posted at Jacurutu, that the only reason to be a member is to post there. KJA vouched for him, and stated he has from the beginning long ago provided important information to KJA about Jacurutu and its plans like to “punk” KJA at a public event. He was the only person at KJA Special Forces who I shared a certain bit of information with, and within an hour Jacurutu members knew about it. So that convinced me he is like a double-agent spy giving information to both sides. Yes, even though Jacurutu is open to public view to read all that is posted there. He is giving aid to both sides to fan the flames and maintain the conflict.

David James, the one who was my most trusted contact at KJA Special Forces, might be secretly giving aid to Jacurutu, even without Jacurutu knowing it is him. I'm not sure why he would do that. He screwed up in more than one way. He has the means to change his IP address at will, or is using different computers in neighboring cities and even a neighboring state. He claimed StatCounter is screwing up. Not so. I do believe he is being deceptive about his location. He was the first to bring to my attention the old Amazon war a year ago, in which he participated, which was mainly between Jacurutu and Prester Dilly at the start over a book review there. He favors certain things that are in favor of Jacurutu and against KJA, which surprised me, and he went against me on certain things. The one thing that stands out is how he has repeatedly remarked about my “attention to detail” and that I should not be making certain keyboarding errors I myself failed to catch. Like the one in which I misspelled Kevin's name as Kevan in the Amazon posted review of Paul of Dune, which was brought to my attention by “You Know Who” at Amazon, and used the exact same words about my attention to detail. At KJA Special Forces, he was my main supporter of the “10,000 tweets” plan, but then he failed to follow through on necessary preliminary steps to set it up.

After I found out about the old Amazon war about a year ago, I asked David James why he didn't tell me about it sooner. I asked KJA why I'd not been told about past major conflicts like that. I asked them why certain information about Jacurutu had been withheld from me. The reply was, “We thought you might succeed where many others before you failed, and we did not want you to be discouraged by the failures of others in the past. The come along one at a time...” So there is no strength in numbers. The do in fact just send one guy like me out to fight, instead of working together against Jacurutu. And because KJA is opposed to organized action against Jacurutu, he allows followers like me to hit the wall one at a time. I do feel betrayed by him and his followers. In my opinion, that makes them worse than an enemy.

“TheKJA” did in fact have a Verified Account. When he first contacted me, I remarked to him about it. I stated in an email reply, “If it were not for your Twitter account being verified, then I would not have replied to you. Other people, apparently members of Jacurutu, have created false Twitter accounts in your name to send hateful messages to me, and then deleted those accounts after doing so. Such messages from fake KJA accounts included a message that threatened to destroy my computer.” When I noticed that the “Verified Account” had been removed, I asked KJA about it in an email, and he would not answer that question. I remarked about it to David James in an email and asked him if he knew anything about it. His reply indicated to me that he knows about it, knows why, refused to tell me why, and stated it is not his place but Kevin's to address that matter, and so he referred me back to KJA. He ignored me the second time I asked about it. Apparently he no longer met the Twitter requirements for having a Verified Account, and so they took the verification away from him, unless he was the one who requested it be removed for whatever reason.

Anyway, bottom line, if the majority of Jacurutu members do not want me here, then I will leave. Make up your minds and let me know. I'll check back here in a week or two, if not sooner as my vacation trips continue through the Memorial Day holiday.

I had time to prepare in advance one more posting for today to copy and paste in this string, which will follow this posting...
SandGhostHEREafter

I'm back home in Oklahoma today to inspect damaged and do clean-up after last night's new wave of tornadoes. I have time to do a couple of postings here this morning before I leave again.

The Dukster:

You wanted me to properly address the computer and virus issue . . . so about the virus attack on my old computer...

IF I'm wrong about Tidwell being the person who hacked into my old computer and destroyed Windows with a virus, then I sincerely apologize.

It was NOT the result of me surfing the Internet. I gave that serious consideration, and ruled it out. Why? Because on Monday 29 March 2010, I hadn't been surfing the Internet. I checked email in the morning when I powered up and got online, and that was all. I was then busy offline working on an Open Office document. Then I took a late lunch. I'd just finished cleaning up in the kitchen and came back into the living room when I noticed a warning message displayed on the computer screen, to let me know someone is currently attempting to access a certain port on my computer from another computer. Low threat. Then it went to a medium threat. Then it went to a high threat. Then the hacker was in. There was nothing I could do to stop it. I had removed the old AVG, which previously would have handled that problem instantly, but it had been dragging down the old computer so I removed the old AVG. I didn't know what else to do, so I jerked the plug out of the wall. When I powered back up, I got a warning that a virus had been delivered to my computer. So then I was going to download a new version of AVG to remove it. But the virus would not allow me to download anything. I then decided to try System Restore on the remote chance that might help make it possible for me to download a new AVG. System Restore froze up. It should have taken a few minutes at most. An hour later it was still froze. I decided to pull the plug and try again. Then Windows would not come up, and the computer was locked in a start up countdown, with several fix the problem options – none of which worked.

I suspected Tidwell for the March 29 attack for more than one reason...

I previously revealed him to be the owner of the Jacurutu.com domain, stated that I would hold him legally responsible for content posted at Jacurutu, and that I'd make a complaint to the FBI Computer Crimes Task Force for cyber stalking and libel if he would not remove the postings at Jacurutu about me by end of Monday 29 March 2010. So I believe the attack was to prevent me from doing that. Of course, the plan to make a report to the FBI was a bluff. The do state up front that cyber stalking is one of the many things they investigate, and cyber bullies are a new big issue of great concern to them. Problem is, that task force does not have the money and people needed to do all they say they were set up to do. So presently they are only able to investigate crimes on the Internet involving scams and actual loss of money. Most local law enforcement people are having the same budget problems and are limited to that too.

Another reason I suspected Tidwell is I believe he is the one who sent me a message in a URL that showed up in my StatCounter tracking report, which I discovered after I bought the new computer and got back online. When a link is posted at Jacurutu to send members to my blog, it shows up as a “referring URL” in the report. Then, as people click on internal links at the blog, such as one posting that has a link to another posting at the same blog, those also show up as a “referring URL” in the report. That day, the report showed an internal “referring URL” and that means it should have been one that I created at the blog. The first part of the URL showed that it came from my blog. The second part of the URL for specific location was not a location but instead a message. I didn't know it was possible to do that, for someone to be able to hack into a blog, and then also hack into StatCounter, to be able to place a message within a “referring URL” in the report. It was through the House Harwood blog.
It was http:// followed by househarwood.blogspot.com/2010/04/hey-hardwood-I-betcha-wonder-what-we-are-saying-dontcha.html

It was a reply to a message I'd posted to Tidwell about Solahpmo.com, which he is also the registered domain owner of in Sacramento California. However, just recently, the listing for Jacurutu and Solahpmo have been changed to Grand Cayman and no longer name him. The information he previously gave when getting those domains were false anyway. A fake PO Box, and a fake phone number using the “555” prefix that is only used in movies and TV shows when you hear a character say a phone number. So it is obvious that he does not want to be found. Even so, one thing he could easily do is to hide his IP address or get the $40 deal to create his own IP or have it randomly created for any location around the world. But he has not done that. So far, only “Slappy” in Minnesota has tried to do that, using the “Hide My Ass” service, but it failed. His IP still showed up in my StatCounter report. Tidwell's IP address showed up in the tracking report for the “referring URL” message he sent to me, so I'm sure it was him.

Therefore, I concluded that kind of hacking ability, to deliver a message by that means, to be superior to hacking into my computer to destroy it. It is the kind of ability needed to hack into bank accounts. It convinced me he has the ability to easily hack into any computer anywhere. And to do that he had more than one way to get my IP address that was needed to locate my computer to be able to hack into it. My one visit to Jacurutu up to that time, when I gave it a glance and then departed, would have showed my IP. Who else from Norman Oklahoma would be visiting there?! And it would be in the full header of an email I sent to him, at the email address which he provided at the domain registration. There are others I communicated with via email, and websites and blogs I visited, who could easily have got my IP address and passed it on to Tidwell.

As I was considering other suspects, and hadn't yet ruled others out, I got a message through Facebook about the attack on my old computer...

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH you friggin crybaby, some nerd wouldn't have attacked your damn computer if you didnt like those shit books about turtle jousting and secret wives and sons and brothers that never existed...” —Vincent Castellon at Facebook. He has a blog at Blogger about computer tips.
http://comptiptricks.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
His message reinforced my belief that someone at Jacurutu did it, and that it was Tidwell. IF I had not got that message when I did from him, then I might eventually have ruled out Tidwell as a suspect.

The same day I got that message from Vincent Castellon, Professor Ronald Craig posted a comment at one of my Facebook accounts where I didn't have the privacy settings set correctly.

That same day, my new computer was attacked. The results of the new attack that day appear to get Tidwell off the hook and presents a new suspect. The new attack was identical to the one back on March 29 that destroyed my old computer, and it was done at the same time of day. First a low threat warning, then a medium threat, then a high threat, and then on the fourth try the hacker got in and delivered the virus to try to destroy Windows. This time I had two advantages; the newer Zone Alarm to ID the source, and the new AVG to remove the virus before it could do any harm. The IP of the hacker is not Sacramento California, much to my surprise. It is Milton Australia. But it is the same IP address of someone who had regularly been visiting Jacurutu, and clicking on a posted link to my blog, showing up in the StatCounter tracking reports. I then had the kind of evidence to get some legal action, bypassed the cyber crimes task force and sent it directly to the FBI field office in OKC. No reaction. They don't care. They don't have the money and manpower to care about a little thing like that.

There was a similar attack back on 12 December 2009, but I wasn't the only one who got hit that day. I still had the old AVG on the old computer, which handled it well enough. But AVG was sucking the life out of my old computer, so I did the dumb thing of taking the risk and removing it, leaving the old computer vulnerable. There was a December 12 attack on Google users by China. If I recall correctly, that was the same day Twitter and/or Facebook was also attacked by China. It was also the same day two moderate centrist political parties were meeting in Washington DC, and a third moderate centrist party member launched a cyber attack on members of the other two parties. And it was the same day some a-hole at Microsoft sent out threats to Windows Live users, of which I was one, that if we don't use the new BING more often than Google Search, then out Windows Live accounts will be terminated. That warning message contained a virus, which I was able to remove.

I'm headed back out now. Not sure when I'll get back here to check replies. Not today. Within a week for sure. I will only want to know one thing. Do you want me to stay at Jacurutu and participate in other parts of the forum that have nothing to do with KJA, or do you want me to leave? If I stay, but still get flamed for my past support of KJA, then I will not stay. I didn't come here to attack anyone, and I will not stay if attacks on me are continued.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandGhostHEREafter wrote: On this matter of me being someone who posts at Jacurutu, and whether I'm welcome to do so here or not, it is clear you people are divided and don't have your act together. So I suggest you do a poll and put it to a vote.
I'll vote right now: I don't give a shit.
SandGhostHEREafter wrote: On one hand, I'm no longer opposed to Jacurutu, but on the other hand I'm not a supporter of your quest against KJA and his books and that means I will not help you fight him.
I'll speak for myself, here: it's not a quest it's an opinion. And I'd also like to add that I don't give a shit.
SandGhostHEREafter wrote: But do you want to continue to flame someone who just might eventually be converted all the way over to your side? The flaming will keep me in a neutral position.
I don't know that I give a fuck.
SandGhostHEREafter wrote: I will never go against any of you again, that I can promise, as I have learned my lesson very well, but if any of you continue to flame me for any reason than I will never support your quest.
Definitely don't give a fuck.
SandGhostHEREafter wrote: I'll check back here in a week or two, if not sooner...
I'm guessing "sooner..."
lotek

Post by lotek »

:shock:
:lol:
:roll:
Why do you always fall back on bat country after seeming reasonable?

No one here
NO
ONE
has sent you any virus whatsover(and if anyone was able to do all that shit you claim happened to you, why waste that talent on you?)
Are you a aware of the amount of malware floating around in the tubes? Even the best protection isn't infaillible.

Anyway there will be no vote, Jacurutu is not a democracy but Freak and Omph's personal playground :mrgreen:
For me you can stay as long as you lay off the wingnut crap(or you hint that you do not really believe everything you say ;) )

To conclude here are the words of Thufir Hawat for you to contemplate and absorb:
He babbles too much, Hawat thought. He's not like Leto who could tell me a
thing with the lift of an eyebrow or the wave of a hand. Nor like the Old Duke
who could express an entire sentence in the way he accented a single word.