Explorers claim Noah's Ark found on Mount Ararat

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Explorers claim Noah's Ark found on Mount Ararat

Post by Freakzilla »

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100428/twl ... f21e0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

9 hours 11 mins ago

A group of evangelical researchers claim they have found the remains of Noah's Ark thousands of feet up Mount Ararat, its biblical resting place, in Turkey.

The exact location of the find has not been disclosed, but carbon dating conducted on wood and stone from the site has revealed their age as 4,800 years old, according to the scientists.

Further tests will be conducted on the items but one researcher claimed they were "99.9 per cent sure" the remains were that of the original Ark.

According to the Old Testament story, God commanded Noah to build the Ark to save his family and the world's animals from a global flood - sent to rid the earth of mankind's corrupt behaviour.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100428/vid ... af341.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Explorers claim Noah's Ark found on Mount Ararat

Post by SandChigger »

Oh for fuck's sake. :roll:
Freakzilla wrote:evangelical researchers
Clue #1: Oxymoron.
The exact location of the find has not been disclosed
Clue #2: Limited access to "evidence".
carbon dating conducted on wood and stone from the site has revealed their age as 4,800 years old
Clue #3: Silly numbers. Why is 4,800 yrs significant? Is 2790 B.C.E. the commonly accepted date for The Flood?
one researcher claimed they were "99.9 per cent sure" the remains were that of the original Ark.
Clue #4: Unsubstantiated stats & claims. What evidence besides old wood found on a certain mountain estabishes the surety of this claim?
According to the Old Testament
Clue #5: Appeal to Questionable Authority.

In short, bullshit. Noah & his Ark is a story the Ancient Jews ripped off some other Middle Eastern people. What a waste of time and resources. :doh:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I find it incredibly ironic that people continually try to scientifically validate their faith.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

They aren't trying to validate their faith so much for themselves (that would imply doubts) as much as trying to find something new to try to convince non-believers.

I'd bet good money that these same "researchers" who are flogging about the carbon dating figures would attack the validity of carbon dating results in millions or even hundreds or tens of thousands of years.

Calling these jokers "scientists" is like calling KJA a "writer". :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandChigger wrote:Oh for fuck's sake. :roll:
Pretty much sums it up for me, too. Dunno what kind of research this be, but it ain't scientific.

If this is "Noah's Ark" as documented in the Old Testament, then there should be some 5000 year-old kangaroo bones nearby (from the first few generations before they migrated en masse to Australia). Or lemur bones. Or bones of extinct south american marsupials.

I look forward to hearing of their discovery.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

But didn't Ms Noah and the three girls (Wives of the Sons of Noah ... KJA should write that one, too, huh? :P ) weave magic carpets that carried the animals all over the world, to their current homes? :think:

Or did I dream that one? :lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:But didn't Ms Noah and the three girls (Wives of the Sons of Noah ... KJA should write that one, too, huh? :P ) weave magic carpets that carried the animals all over the world, to their current homes? :think:

I think that was Solomon and Sheba? :?
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I'll bet a Confederate Five Dollar Bill that this "archaeology" was performed in somebody's Daddy's old tool shed,
where the "artifacts" discovered included an old VHS copy of Hal Lindsey's "In Search of Noah's Ark" and copies
of David J. Smith's Newswatch magazine ....

seems like Ararat as the landing for Noah's Ark has been an idea since, oh, about the time of the Crusades ....

Saddam's Sons built a torture-sex palace over the Garden of Eden .... the Army had proof but the Illuminati
made them cover it up ...

not to say that using the Hebrew Bible as a guide to searching for actual historical locations is a bad idea -
from the Chronicles on it's a very accurate source .... Genesis, not so much .... Exodus is a good starting
point, but a lot of that information was apparently twisted and confused over the years ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Never heard that about the Garden of Eden.

Isn't Eden a metathesis, with the D and N in reverse order: E-N-D-E ~ Indo = India?

;)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Genesis

8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/gen/8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Yeah, this sounds like an old story. Now y'all know I believe the Bible but I also believe that if the real ark was found it would be older?

But honestly, I don't think it ever will be found...not because it didn't exist as most people believe, but because its landing place would not have been suitable for preservation. And further more wouldn't it had made since for the ark to have been taken apart and used for building materials? If I was in a group that had survived a flood that lasted such a long time I would be using any building materials available to build me a sturdy shelter and what better material than the already hewn boards of the ark?

But this just sounds like a rehash of some documentary that was shown back in the 80s I think.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:But didn't Ms Noah and the three girls (Wives of the Sons of Noah ... KJA should write that one, too, huh? :P ) weave magic carpets that carried the animals all over the world, to their current homes? :think:

Pretty sure Orson Scott Card is working on that one as we speak. :P

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
trang

Post by trang »

LMAO, good one Omp, was wondering if someone would mention OSC! and Eyes I agree this is a rehash of a documentory, but I think it was a show in the mid 70's called "In Search Of" with leonard Nimoy (spock for the unintiated).

The Bible has its place, but it has contradictions and by a portion of the christian community is an incomplete work. Parts and pieces added, left out, old test, new test, etc.

The ark story, is just that a story, amoung many that represent lessons, not actual facts. Even if noah was a real person (im not a biblical scholor) he more than likely was a maritime type. Lotsa floods back in those days, who knows.

Trying to validate their belief via science is a bit far fetched. If im not mistaken their are a group of folks across the nation who argue that dinosours and man lived on the earth at the same time?? Never mind that silly 350 million years in between ages, hell what do I know.

Science and faith can coexist because they have elements of each within. Taking advantage of one for the other always seems to lead Wile E Coyote to hitting that flat tunnel drawing around the corner dosent it? hmm
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Breaking News! Images of the so-called Ark!

http://tinyurl.com/37qvwuv
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

what a load of boll-arks!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Arf! Arf! :P
Anudar

Post by Anudar »

Don't you think that this so-called "Noah's ark" seems quite fine on these pictures ? And not at all a near-five-thousand-years-old-wooden artifact ? Which has, moreover, stayed all this time on the top of a mountain ? Don't you think its wood should have rotten, or at least badly decayed due to cold, moisture, wind and every single cold- and high-mountain aggression you can think of ?

By the way, the last dinosaurs are extinct since terminal Cretaceous (65 million years before present). There was primates then, but they weren't even apish. They were rat-like creatures. If you're interested, have a search about Purgatorius. This could be one of our ancestors back at the end of the Cretaceous :).
Bi-lal kaïfa !
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Not only on a mountain but in a glacier, too. They don't build boats like they used to. :wink:

~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:Image
Hey! Color the non-snow-covered parts red and it looks like a giant pimple I've had on my bum for a few days now! It must be a sign! This could be my 10 minutes of fame! :pray:

MAP OF MT ARARAT SHOWING LOCATION OF NOAH'S ARK FOUND ON BUTTOCK OF MAN IN JAPAN!

This is WAY cooler than that guy who saw Jesus in a photo he snapped of his dog's butt! :dance:
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Chig...I'm going to beat you. :twisted: :P :roll: :mrgreen:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Image
Hey! Color the non-snow-covered parts red and it looks like a giant pimple I've had on my bum for a few days now! It must be a sign! This could be my 10 minutes of fame! :pray:

MAP OF MT ARARAT SHOWING LOCATION OF NOAH'S ARK FOUND ON BUTTOCK OF MAN IN JAPAN!

This is WAY cooler than that guy who saw Jesus in a photo he snapped of his dog's butt! :dance:
This is just another ploy to get people to worship his ass. That way, when they kneel to pray to it, he can shoot them with one of those two engines he's got jammed up there.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

VROOM-VROOM TOASTY!!! :twisted:

Mmmm ... SMOkin'! :lol:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Aww, did no one get my DC-8 joke or was it just not funny?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
lotek

Post by lotek »

missed that :)

you'll have to explain it to me(and thus render it totally unfunny ;) )

more wignut stuff
THE ORIGIN OF AND PLANNED SEARCH FOR THE MOUNT ARARAT "ANOMALY" IN TURKEY
Spice is the worm's gonads.