fudging volcano

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

chanilover

Re: fudging volcano

Post by chanilover »

inhuien wrote:He didn't just not mention Glasgow as a negative, did he? :)
Oh yeah, what was I thinking? First and only time I've been happy to be in Glasgow! :P
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

lotek wrote:I am playing a gig, my first one in ages and it seems fate doesn't want to hear my music...
Are you going to do a MOR version of Terra Incognita?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Eyes High wrote:
chanilover wrote:...

So we landed in Glasgow and I then spent six hours on a train to London. Just watching the news and thinking about those poor bastards who couldn't get on the planes still stranded in Iceland not knowing how they're going to ge off the island.

First off, Glad you made it home my friend.

Second, and I know this will show my ignorance of traveling...but instead of people just waiting over there in the hopes that the cloud would clear enough to send people home couldn't they bring in some cruise ships and sail them to Greenland and let the people travel westward? After all, isn't the could drifting east? or let them be sailed back to ports of Europe where they could travel East by land.

I know travel by sea is slow but which would take longer...waiting for the cloud to clear enough for the planes or traveling by sea?

And dang -- after reading what I've asked, that sounds dumb even to me -- but I'm still going to post it.
Iceland is really remote, Eyes. A few people, including me, had checked the internet for any other way off the island. Turns out there's one boat a week which takes three nights to get to Copenhagen!

In ancient tims they use to throw people into volcanos to appease their gods. Where's Combover when you need him?
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

chanilover wrote:
inhuien wrote:He didn't just not mention Glasgow as a negative, did he? :)
Oh yeah, what was I thinking? First and only time I've been happy to be in Glasgow! :P
That's more like it, and fuck you very much too. :lol: :lol: :P
lotek

Post by lotek »

chanilover wrote:
lotek wrote:I am playing a gig, my first one in ages and it seems fate doesn't want to hear my music...
Are you going to do a MOR version of Terra Incognita?
:lol:
had to google that one!
middle of the road hey?
MOR music is broadly popular music, but not technically avant-garde; generally, it is strongly melodic and often features vocal harmony technique and orchestral arrangements.
what do you think?
http://soundcloud.com/lauteque" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote:Are you going to do a MOR version of Terra Incognita?
Oh good gawd. TheKJA Twatted about more music yesterday. Ghastly stuff, possibly even more shriekingly worse than that first CD. (shudder)

Was anyone else insane enough to try listening? :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Quoted from your article ^^^.
Aviation agency Eurocontrol announced air traffic should be back to normal across Europe on Thursday.
That's encouraging, if perhaps overly optimistic and misguiding. Like the 1st World War and Valve releases it'll be over when it's done.
lotek

Post by lotek »

thing is, does the UK really consider it's part of Europe?
;)
the Ryanair website says:
Flight Cancellations Extended to 1300hrs Wed 21 Apr
RYANAIR EXTENDS CURRENT FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS UNTIL AT LEAST 1300HRS WED 21 APRIL
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/flight-c ... wed-21-apr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and they've been saying that since monday.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:thing is, does the UK really consider it's part of Europe?
;)
I'd imagine not, but for funding reasons Eurocontrol does. :)
lotek

Post by lotek »

well I'm supposed to fly on Friday, and if I can't my next week end home will most likely be in June, I had worked everything out to take my breaks before we start checking the new update on the game, which will start mid May.

To make matters worse I was half hoping I could fly back for May 13th(it is a (christian)bank holiday in France), but we both start the patch on that date and also the company moves to Wimbledon, so if I'm not there to pick a good seat I'll end up with a shit spot for the rest of the time I work there.

Everything is going down the drain...
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

We're hoping for a Friday flight to get rid of the MIL, before I get arrested for justifiable homicide.
lotek

Post by lotek »

inhuien wrote:We're hoping for a Friday flight to get rid of the MIL, before I get arrested for justifiable homicide.
that bad huh?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(The laddie doth protest too much. I'm sure she's a lovely person. :P :lol: )
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

:tissue2: :tissue2:

edit to add: You know the old joke.

Q What's the difference between a barracudda and an Italian Mother in Law?
A 20lbs and a black dress!

Well there's no difference if your Mother in Law's Romanian. :)
lotek

Post by lotek »

back on topic

from the ryanair website
(D)Flights cancellations in Northern Europe extended from 1300hrs Wed 21st April to 1300hrs Thur 22nd April.

(E)Flights between Ireland and UK cancelled until 1300hrs Fri 23rd April to allow for extra flights from Ireland to Continental Europe and from UK to Continental Europe on Thursday 22nd April.
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair- ... e-20-april" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So they're cancelling flights to Ireland to on Friday to use the planes from Thursday onward to face the demand of flights to CE?
Is it just wishful thinking or does that mean what I hope it means?

They have been so sparse with info up to now, and everytime there was a new day of cancellations we were only notified at the last minute. So why change now by giving away info three days in advance?

Fuck I'm not sure I make any sense but I am sure I'm not the only one thinking what I'm thinking :mrgreen:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

You know you're fucked when... volcano lightning: http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Iceland-v ... andvolcano" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It's not really all that uncommon is it, during eruptions like this? :?
lotek

Post by lotek »

how long till the hack claims he hiked Mount (insert E plus plenty of random k j and as)?

Mount Ekajjakakjakja
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

You mean Mount Hairball. :)
lotek

Post by lotek »

Mount Angel, Oregon - World's Largest Pig Hairball - St Benedict Abbey Museum

world largest pig hairball found in Oregon
local journeyman praised for achievement :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It just boggles my mind that there have actually been enough people measuring pig hairballs up till now that they can say, Yea, behold ye, for this be BIG!

This little piggie went to market.
This little piggie stayed home.
This little piggie had roast beef.
This little piggie had none.
This little piggie said, "Ack retch PHOOEE! QUICK GET A TAPE MEASURE!"

(Oh good gawd I've hit a pure vein of primo-grade slap-happy. FUCK!)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Northern Lights over the volcano:

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

wow hadn't seen that...

I hoped I would never come back to this thread but fate and its fucking sense of irony have made this stupid volcano erupt again and again on the same week I am flying back home...
Even though it doesn't seem as bad as the first time, it is still spewing out dust and the airport I fly to on thursday was closed!

Dear Mr ¨Presidents of the world, it would be very nice of you if someone could inadvertently drop a nuke on Iceland, and this in the common interest of the world and me.
(please do it quick though)

Jeez why me again?

Is it because of that joke with Bjork and inserting a blunt instrument in a cat's arse?
Because I didn't mean it so please don't ruin my holidays again :D
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Did you hear that Swedish scientists have shown that if you play Björk to cats they'll not only lick their arses more frantically, they'll actually stick their heads up 'em to escape the noise! :shock:

It's true! The privately funded study was conducted at the prestigious Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm; the report appeared in Swedish Nature: Andersson, Fältskog, Lyngstad, and Ulvaeus, "Dålig musik och införa huvudet i anus av katter" (2005).