Pink Floyd in 8-bit glory

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Spicelon

Pink Floyd in 8-bit glory

Post by Spicelon »

If you're a fan and are of the NES era, you will like this. If you weren't, you still might like this.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9025664" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
lotek

Re: Pink Floyd in 8-bit glory

Post by lotek »

nice!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

Pink Floyd's the greatest - by the way I heard that a new comodore 64 clone will be made!

I don't think I'll buy it but I have been thinking of looking over some of my old crap and see if I can find my old C64.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

nampigai wrote:Pink Floyd's the greatest - by the way I heard that a new comodore 64 clone will be made!

I don't think I'll buy it but I have been thinking of looking over some of my old crap and see if I can find my old C64.
I remember being jealous of my friends who had C64 when I had a Texas Instruments TI994A.

It is amazing how far home computers have advanced since those days but is it just me or has PC hardware tech seem to have stalled over the past decade or so?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:... I had a Texas Instruments TI994A.
Ha, I had that bad boy, too.

Here's a great book for reto computer pr0n:

http://tinyurl.com/y8klfbb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
trang

Post by trang »

I have a commadore 64c in storage, perfect working order. I also have a giant green storage tub with about 30 64c games.

Freak, the simple answer to your stall question is ABSOLUTLY NOT!! CPU, RAM, Bus speeds, Drives (capacitity and Speed), Video, audio, input, Wireless, telcom speeds, etc have all made MASSIVE LEAPS in tech.

1987 4.77 to 12 MEGAhetz, 640 KILObytes to 1 MEG of Ram, 10 MEG HD, CGA(4)/EGA(16) color graphics.

1996 Web based internet is spawned, basic HTML 1.0 (derived from SGML) is set loose.

1997 120 megahertz to 1 GIGahertz, 64MEGS to 256 MEGS or ram 120 meg to 16 gig HD's. VGA (128)/EVGA (32K) color graphics

2007 Dual Core Processors, 2 to 4 GIGhertz spee GIGS to 8 GIGS of ram, 250 to 500 GIGAbyte HD, 16 million + color video.

1meg to 6 megabit broadband to the homestead.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Yeah, but I'd have thought we'd all have light speed optical processor's with souls by now. :(
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Freakzilla wrote:Yeah, but I'd have thought we'd all have light speed optical processor's with souls by now. :(
I just want a quantum computer. It'll be able to do my homework.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SadisticCynic wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Yeah, but I'd have thought we'd all have light speed optical processor's with souls by now. :(
I just want a quantum computer. It'll be able to do my homework.
But then you wouldn't learn anything and we'd be looking at a jihad.
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

I want SSD hard drives. Big ones. 9 second boots would be...delightful.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Spicelon wrote:I want SSD hard drives. Big ones. 9 second boots would be...delightful.
Sweet. :lol:
Orthodox

Post by Orthodox »

Spicelon wrote:I want SSD hard drives. Big ones. 9 second boots would be...delightful.
HP has a a 13" Laptop that has a new O/S that uses Linux... They demo'd it on the DM3-1130US, which when you turn it on prompts you to install it on top of Win7 or to not install it. If you do, it will, from turning it on, boot in 5 seconds to this O/S. It can do internet (excluding Flash, but supports HTML5), Music, Video, Skype, and some other pre-built functions. It cannot add programs as it is, but it was stated back in September of '08, that they were planning on making an O/S of thier own to rival Microsoft.
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain. -- Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman