Post by SandChigger »

Oh, shut up.

You're all just sockpuppets of me anyway. :roll:

(Look, says so in my sig.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Redstar

Re: we have cheeky sign

Post by Redstar »

Mandy wrote:lol.. there's no rule at this site (or any site I've ever joined) that says you must introduce yourself before posting anywhere else on the board. If there was, I think I might delete my bookmark and never come back. Relax, it's just the internet.
I frequented a forum for writing where I got into one of many heated arguments with the mod and her two friends friends because they said I had no "right" to offer constructive criticism because they operated on "social tiers" where you needed to spend several months working your way up before earning that "right".

It was common for one of them to discount most of my criticism of her work by "Prove you've ever written anything" or "You don't get it". (Good time to bring up the "I'm not a professional chef, so in a resturaunt, can I complain if my food tastes bad?" argument, though they said that that argument wouldn't work for writing, restaurants, or anything else. Go figure)

Always felt you should just jump right in; pools always easier that way.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Redstar wrote:
Mandy wrote:lol.. there's no rule at this site (or any site I've ever joined) that says you must introduce yourself before posting anywhere else on the board. If there was, I think I might delete my bookmark and never come back. Relax, it's just the internet.
I frequented a forum for writing where I got into one of many heated arguments with the mod and her two friends friends because they said I had no "right" to offer constructive criticism because they operated on "social tiers" where you needed to spend several months working your way up before earning that "right".

It was common for one of them to discount most of my criticism of her work by "Prove you've ever written anything" or "You don't get it". (Good time to bring up the "I'm not a professional chef, so in a resturaunt, can I complain if my food tastes bad?" argument, though they said that that argument wouldn't work for writing, restaurants, or anything else. Go figure)

Always felt you should just jump right in; pools always easier that way.
Sounds like a Preek Argument.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

yeah and I find that argument as stoopid as a preeq, I mean anyone who makes a vaild(or funny, or witty or generally relevant)should not be criticized

just to make sure I don't look like I am defending the wrong side here, my only point is that one should just be polite and say "Hi everyone" before starting to talk to complete strangers...

but that's just me, as someone said this is the internet people don't need to be polite anymore :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sietch tradition.

Fi ghafla kifaya.
lotek

Post by lotek »

I agree we're done with that now :)
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Has someone posted a pic of their backside?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
lotek

Post by lotek »

there you are!

you hear talk of cheeks and tada!

:mrgreen:
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

lotek wrote:there you are!

you hear talk of cheeks and tada!

:mrgreen:
That was your cue.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
lotek

Post by lotek »

I can't cue myself only KJA can do that ;)
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

lotek wrote:my only point is that one should just be polite and say "Hi everyone" before starting to talk to complete strangers...
Well, Interenet anonymity kind of makes people who communicate complete strangers. There's a positive side to this too IMO :)

I think you wouldn't protest if new members just incorporated their greeting phrase into the very first post they make on a forum? On the other hand, those who find it necessary to bring up a short bio/curriculum vitae can do so in the introduction section.
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
lotek

Post by lotek »

MrFlibble wrote:
lotek wrote:my only point is that one should just be polite and say "Hi everyone" before starting to talk to complete strangers...
Well, Interenet anonymity kind of makes people who communicate complete strangers. There's a positive side to this too IMO :)
I think they are two different concepts
being anonymous doesn't mean you can't be polite, it means you can be impolite if you choose to
MrFlibble wrote:I think you wouldn't protest if new members just incorporated their greeting phrase into the very first post they make on a forum?
in fact I do on my own forum and on most that I go on it is the same
it's for better lisibility and avoiding polluting a topic with "welcome" posts that have nothing to do there
MrFlibble wrote: On the other hand, those who find it necessary to bring up a short bio/curriculum vitae can do so in the introduction section.
you confuse two concepts again, noone asked for a bio or whatever, just to start a new thread to allow people who to chose to do so to welcome the newcomer
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

lotek wrote:
MrFlibble wrote:
I think they are two different concepts
being anonymous doesn't mean you can't be polite, it means you can be impolite if you choose to
MrFlibble wrote:I think you wouldn't protest if new members just incorporated their greeting phrase into the very first post they make on a forum?
in fact I do on my own forum and on most that I go on it is the same
it's for better lisibility and avoiding polluting a topic with "welcome" posts that have nothing to do there
MrFlibble wrote: On the other hand, those who find it necessary to bring up a short bio/curriculum vitae can do so in the introduction section.
you confuse two concepts again, noone asked for a bio or whatever, just to start a new thread to allow people who to chose to do so to welcome the newcomer
Manners maketh the man, Lotek!
lotek

Post by lotek »

quite right :)

funny that quote reminds me of Sting's "Englishman in New York"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote:Has someone posted a pic of their backside?
Yeah, I did, but Omph deleted it. :(
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
chanilover wrote:Has someone posted a pic of their backside?
Yeah, I did, but Omph deleted it. :(

What'd I do? I don't remember deleting anything from this site.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The only posts I've deleted were doubles.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:The only posts I've deleted were doubles.
Well ... I guess you could call it a "double". It is kinda divided down the middle into two parts.... :P
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:The only posts I've deleted were doubles.
Well ... I guess you could call it a "double". It is kinda divided down the middle into two parts.... :P
I think they were talking about the size of it! :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Dude ... you don't know the HALF of it! :shock:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Oh... I've deleted spambot posts, too.
~Pink Snowman